It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEIU Union Dues are used for Dreamers and illegal immigration.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A few days ago, I received this letter from the SEIU. I did not know the union was using my dollars to push immigration reform. The person who wrote the letter is an illegal who is making over 60,000 per yr. I pay my dues to make a better life for myself and American citizens. Im just letting people know what our dollars are actually paying for, so they make an informed choice about your money being used to push legislation that in the long run is only going to create more competition for jobs. The union is a powerful entity and our money gives them that power.

Im pretty sure there are many citizens who would love to make 60,000 per yr. I was unable to find out how many illegals are employed by the Seiu.
I will be leaving the SEIU. Im not against legal immigration, but I dont want my dues used to influence our law makers to make illegal immigration acceptable.

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Earlier this month, the Trump administration announced some heartbreaking news about putting an end to the DACA program. Dreamers now face the threat of deportation and losing their jobs.

I am one of the millions who face the risk of deportation, losing my job, and being separated from my family. This is why I am asking you today to take a moment to call Congress and let them know to protect dreamers and do their job by passing the Dream Act now.

I have dedicated my career to fighting for the rights of workers and communities, I had to sit down and think about what rights I have and what I have to do to protect myself and those around me in my same situation. I am upset that in this century and in this country, I still have to live in fear because of how I look and even how I sound. I am human and I am just missing a piece of paper that denies me the right to call this country home. What I am feeling now is propelled by the love and hope of a better tomorrow for all 11 million immigrants and working families in this country who seek dignity and respect that has been denied to them.

The fight for dignity and respect is paved with wins. Wins that more often than not, come in the form of bills that become laws. A #cleanDREAMact will be a giant step towards true immigrant justice. As I fight for the dignity and respect of every worker - from bargaining tables to the halls of the state capitol - by doing what I love, serving the members of SEIU Local 2015 as a fearless organizer, I ask that you also fight with me and the close to 1 million Dreamers like me.

Please call Congress and ask that they protect Dreamers by supporting a clean DREAM Act. We deserve a chance to continue living in the country we love deeply. We must not sit back and allow those in congress to treat us as their political pawns.

Join me in the fight for a #cleanDREAMact! Make a call today and demand that Congress pass the Dream Act to protect the future of our country.

My name is Pablo Reyes and this is my story.

In Solidarity,

Pablo Reyes-Morales

SEIU immigration:
www.seiu.org...
www.seiu.org...

Salaries:
www.glassdoor.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

This guy is basically admitting he took a 60k job from an American Citizen.

So much for that narrative.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Im disgusted, If the people in charge are illegals it only stands to reason that they would use their influence to push their personal agenda.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Im disgusted, If the people in charge are illegals it only stands to reason that they would use their influence to push their personal agenda.

It would be infuriating to know I am funding this illegal activity.

Of course I hate funding constant wars as well.

What can you do?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have withdrawn my membership. I found out that every year there is a two week window to withdraw. You are required to write a letter and send it certified. You can not withdraw unless it is within that 2 week window.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

I have withdrawn my membership. I found out that every year there is a two week window to withdraw. You are required to write a letter and send it certified. You can not withdraw unless it is within that 2 week window.

Ewww. It's almost like they're trying to keep people trapped.

What is it, a union or something? /s

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Im not against legal immigration, but I dont want my dues used to influence our law makers to make illegal immigration acceptable.
The links you posted are about legalized immigration reform. Are you against legalized immigration reform? Do you not agree that our current immigration system is broken?

The person who wrote the letter is an illegal who is making over 60,000 per yr.
Is the author of that letter a DACA or an illegal as they are not the same, well not yet anyway.
edit on 10/3/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sept 15, 2023

Federal Judge rules Obama-Biden's DACA/DREAMER program is illegal/NOT Legal.

Source: www.reuters.com...

How do you punish leaders who knowingly break Federal Laws?

Should the DACA/DREAMERS now be expelled from America, until they can become citizens like millions before them?

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Most Americans don't realize they're sabotaging their own jobs, sources of income, their own retirement and social security which was/is paid for with their own tax dollars to support illegal immigration, foreign interests, unnecessary wars etc.

We're actually paying to be poor and insecure in our lives in our country so those from outside our domain have food security, medical care and housing. If the amount of money spent to help those outside America were spent helping American citizens, there wouldn't be uninsured or medically insecure people and I believe, no hungry people living on the streets. Which would also enable more working bodies paying into the system, securing charity for the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

join