It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Shooter’s Father Lived in Oregon While On Run from the FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yesterday, media outlets including the Eugene Register-Guard reported that Paddock had connections to Oregon. His father, Benjamin Paddock, fled to Lane County while on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted List, which he occupied from 1969 to 1977.

Benjamin Paddock had a lengthy criminal history, including a string of bank robberies, automobile larceny and "confidence game," according to an FBI poster. The poster also he was also diagnosed as "psychopathic," and as having "suicidal tendencies," and "should be considered armed and very dangerous."

According to the Register-Guard, Benjamin Paddock first came to Oregon in 1971. He lived in Junction City in 1972 and 1973, and opened Oregon's first legal* bingo parlor in Springfield in 1977, where he wen

Las Vegas Shooter’s Father Lived in Oregon While On Run from the FBI

I am not sure what to think of this...

Some of us, like myself, wanted to be nothing like father. But, as I grow older, I find myself acting just like him.
Others aspire to be just like dad.

How much of what we are is determined by our upbringing and environment? How much is set by our DNA?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Yeah had a thread going on same sort of topic it got deleted. Not sure why yet...wating to hear.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
My father was a drug addict. I didn't know him very well he actually died of drugs when i was 12. Told myself growning up I'd never be like him . Guess what? In my mid 20s I become a full fledged freaking drug addict addicted to the EXACT drug that he was and the exact drug that killed him before he was 40!!! How does that happen, when it's something I swore never would happen??? Gotta be something in our DNA!! Luckily after many awful, painful years I got help and got off the drug. Been many years off it now.
edit on 4-10-2017 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

The thing is with conditions like psychopathy, that the causes are often both biological (a predisposition toward the psychopathic, as a result of a certain genetic effect on the brain, which can carry over in the same way as any other genetic information), and environmental (poverty, abuse, neglect and rejection are some of the triggers which can cause an already bioligically predisposed individual to express psychopathic traits of behaviour).

In some rare cases, a traumatic brain injury can cause a persons brain to malfunction in such a way as to produce psychopathic traits, but this is not in the least common.

The main causes of the psychopathic mindset, are biological and exist from birth, coupled with triggers for them during a persons childhood or early adulthood. If Paddock grew up with his father in the picture, it is almost certain that if he possessed the biological markers necessary, and was exposed to a psychopathic mindset such as his fathers, that his mind would have flipped into psychopathic mode pretty early on, because being exposed to a psychopath means being exposed to rejection, abuse of some nature, as well as neglect.

top topics

join