It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Personal UFO Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hello, ATS. This is my first post here.

I have a UFO mystery that has me stumped, and I would like to hear if anyone here has any ideas on what I actually saw. I do have a pretty good knowledge of things that fly in the sky--my dad was an Army Air Force bomber pilot and my brother and I grew up going to air shows and visiting Air Force bases. I inherited my dad’s interest in aircraft and always make a sky check when I am outside to see what might be flying by. In 50+ years of doing so, I have seen some very interesting things, but nothing I couldn't explain. Until...

I’ll start with the report I filed with MUFON (sighting date 10/27/2012):

“I was out for my nightly walk with my dog around 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 24. It was a clear night; I looked up to check out the sky and saw an unusual object that had flown overhead and was heading south. The object had four pinkish-red lights in two rows of two with 12-16 smaller pale blue lights around the perimeter. I couldn’t hear any sound from the object but I was near a busy road and there was a lot of traffic noise. It was traveling at a speed that would be consistent with a small, single engine plane. However, there were no navigation, strobe, or landing lights on the object. Since it was nighttime, I would only be guessing at its size and altitude--my impression was that the object was somewhere around ten feet by ten feet, and that its altitude was 800--1000 feet. 

Still, I thought I was looking at a small plane with some kind of light display attached, and I expected it to bank to the east for a landing approach to Kent County International Airport (the street I live on is directly along the west/east landing approach), at which point I would be able to see its navigation lights. Instead, the object made a sharp turn to the west and as it came out of the turn there was a flash of green light, and the red and blue lights disappeared. I waited several minutes to see if the object would return, but it did not. Duration of the sighting was 30-40 seconds.”

Here is a link to the original MUFON report:

mufoncms.com...

As it continued to move away, my perception was that I was looking at the back, not the bottom, of the object.

Obviously, my estimates could be wrong. After thinking about the sighting for awhile, the three things I am most uncertain about are the size of the object (I think it was closer to 20 feet by 20 feet), the duration of the sighting (more like a minute to a minute and a half), and the number of small blue lights (less, maybe 8-12).

I never saw the thing again. I look for it every night when I’m out walking my dog. I have searched the web periodically for similar reports but have found none. I check YouTube from time to time, but again, nothing. In my experience, hoaxers like their creations to be seen, so I find it strange there haven’t been other reports and that no one has posted a video if fakery was afoot.

I do have an illustration of the thing that I will add after I figure out how to upload it. I have other thoughts but I will hold off until I hear what you folks have to say. I will answer any questions as quickly as I can. Thanks.

edit on 3-10-2017 by elkabong57 because: Adding image

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
To upload pictures:

Then click the picture and copy the "BBcode for use in post:" into your post.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Excellent. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Wow--that was easy. Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: elkabong57

Interesting sighting, lucky you.

I dont understand what you mean here?

and that no one has posted a video if fakery was afoot.

Also, the obvious question, you say the sighting was a minute to a minute and a half long.
So where's the footage?????
Enough time to get your phone out and record

You wouldve had prime evidence right there

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sounds like experimental flying craft. There were some experiments with vehicles with the main rocket engine in the middle and smaller thrusters at the sides.

Or someone is playing around with a drone with LED''s

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Sounds like experimental flying craft. There were some experiments with vehicles with the main rocket engine in the middle and smaller thrusters at the sides.

Or someone is playing around with a drone with LED''s

That would be a noisy critter wouldn't it?
Surely over-powering the traffic noise since it must have been within a mile of the observer.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Interesting sighting, lucky you.

I dont understand what you mean here?

and that no one has posted a video if fakery was afoot.

Also, the obvious question, you say the sighting was a minute to a minute and a half long.
So where's the footage?????
Enough time to get your phone out and record

You wouldve had prime evidence right there

Ah, yes the main tactic of a skeptic, blame the observer.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I was thinking if someone was hoaxing, they would put a video up. Or, someone else might get a video.

Walking the dog--I don't take a phone with me. I'm 60 years old and am not as attached to my phone as the younger folk are.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The drone/LED thing is my best guess. Not sure how it was done, but this is the most likely explanation. I didn't mention in the original report that the object/thing/whatever turned west into a 10-12 mph wind, so I don't think it was an inflatable thing. It would be near impossible to pull or tow something in that area--too much traffic for that.

While I was watching this thing, I didn't think at the time it was anything extraordinary. It was flying slow and steady, no erratic movement. The lights were a puzzle, I wasn't sure what that was about. The flash of light/ disappearance definitely got my attention, though.
edit on 3-10-2017 by elkabong57 because: Add additional info

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

If you have not been a very long time observer on the UFO field, you would have no idea of the stunning and numerous types of aerial objects seen over the decades. They include apparently flying cars, trucks, vans and impossible aircraft making no noise, funny noises, etc.

The low, slow, silent and absolutely huge craft I saw move over Laramie in 1998 had affixed on it two immense strobe lights and about a dozen all flashing randomly. It was like a circus in the sky.

The kicker to that very visible object is that I and about twenty others (who also witnessed it) were standing outside the lecture hall where we had attended a UFO conference that June evening. So my best guess is that that monster of a ship was one of ours and Uncle's flyboy were given orders to give us a UFO scare to remember that night.

(They've gotten good mileage out of that sighting as I've reported it many times in threads such as this on ATS. 'Course, I didn't think for an instant that it was a genuine, alien UFO. And I don't think that the intention was for us to believe that it was ETIs.) That seems to be an aspect of their program which I mentioned in another current thread here on ATS this evening.)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Im a skeptic alright, a skeptical believer.

Its a valid and obvious question i asked, and its only 'blame' when people like you think it is.
In this day and age nearly everyone has a phone in their pocket

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Its a valid and obvious question i asked, and its only 'blame' when people like you think it is.

Re-examine your response to him. It an exact copy of the oft-used phrase on ATS of "What no picture? Then it didn't happen" and the other frequent statement then you had time to pull out your phone/camera and should have taken a picture." Do you get the sentiment that those two common quotes present?

Posters that write such responses are avoiding the main issue of the account itself, not even allowing themselves to think about what the event was all about. Was it something domestic or a true UFO? Who cares dismiss it entirely! There are several reasons why they react that way with avoidance and denial.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Is there a specific thread dedicated to your sighting? I would like to read up on it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Re-examine your response to him. It an exact copy of the oft-used phrase on ATS of "What no picture? Then it didn't happen" and the other frequent statement then you had time to pull out your phone/camera and should have taken a picture." Do you get the sentiment that those two common quotes present?

Posters that write such responses are avoiding the main issue of the account itself, not even allowing themselves to think about what the event was all about. Was it something domestic or a true UFO? Who cares dismiss it entirely! There are several reasons why they react that way with avoidance and denial.

YOU should re-examine my post to him.

Where did i state that it didnt happen?

My very first line was "interesting sighting, lucky you"

You are just as bad as the 'people' you described in your response to me

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You probably saw a real UFO. a reply to: elkabong57

top topics

join