It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: IBM Predicts Virus Attacks on Cell-phones and Cars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
IBM has released a security report confirming what many of us feared would be coming in the near future. The report says more and more worms and viruses are targeting mobile devices. They continue to say with the viruses and worm we can expect more spam as well.

www.elitestv.com
A new security report published today by IBM predicts and epidemic of viruses and worms attacking cell-phones, wireless networks and handheld devices as well as computers in cars and satellite communications systems.

Personal Digital Assistants and cell-phones are also expected to have an increase in spam this year along with numerous copycat viruses and other problems. It should keep the antivirus people very busy this year.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems to me that buying stock in anti-virus would be a good Idea. I almost think that things are created to have viruses just to keep the anti-virus market in business.
How long will it be until our HD ready TVs will need anti-virus.
Advancements are supposed to solve current problems not create more.

Related News Links:
www.theinquirer.net
www.computerworld.com

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Advancements are supposed to solve current problems not create more.

When was the last time that actually held true though? Thoreau was right, men have become tools of their tools. You work yourself sick to lay something up against a sick day.
Every solution begets new problems. Reading tech news is a lot like watching The Butterfly Effect (great movie).

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Where is soficrow?

I want him to explain how prions get into cell phones.

So these viruses- are they going to be physical?

Never thought of that, did ya?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Anyone notice how Microsoft is jumping head-first into the Anti-Virus business??

Conspiracy anyone?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
McAfee started out years back with 'virus university' before they got where they are now.

I never forgot those old DOS discs.

Keep everyone spooked to sell fixes

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I seen this news on a new mobile virus so I figured I would add it here.

www.vnunet.com
Mobile virus moves to new level
A new mobile virus is spreading by pretending to be a returned message from a friend.

The Mabir.A virus affects Symbian Series 60 phones and is sufficiently similar to the first mobile phone virus Cabir to make some experts think it has the same author. But rather than just relying on Bluetooth to spread Mabir.A uses incoming messages to spread, making it potentially more virulent.

"Instead of just reading all phone numbers from the local address book, the Mabir.A listens for any SMS or MMS messages that arrive to the phone. When a message arrives, Mabir.A sends itself as MMS message to the sending phone number, thus posing as a reply to whatever message was sent to the infected phone."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I figure one day you will have to buy anti-virus for your digital tv cable box

This is getting ridiculous, I'm sure these new viruses are coming from anti-virus companies.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
for sure its an other income for the AV industry.. an opportunities for hackers

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I got a virus through my cell phone last summer... It was a returned email from a girl I work with, but I had never sent her an email from my cell phone. I was a little curious about it, so I forwarded it to my work email on pc so I could read it better, and it infected my entire work network. (I should have realized that she didn't have my cell phone's email address... I don't know how that happened.)

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
"Cell-phones and Cars"...

Why not Planes? Or trains/metro?

new topics

top topics

join