It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti Gunners full court press

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

The insecure folks are running to the state to come save them from bad people.

LAWS sure didn't stop Paddock.

Over 80 years of gun legislation sure didn't.

So rinse and repeat with a whole lot of nothing.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
American gun FETISH at all time high...

Insecure people? Immature people who like BANG-BANGS?

DUNNO what it is...but Americans Obsession with guns is almost disease-like.

I could as easily say that the Unamerican obsession with outlawing certain firearms reeks of irrational phobias, borderlining on mental disease.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Why do you care?

Why do you want them gone?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Most gun owners don't think about looking "cool". That's just what some anti-2A people THINK they think.

Most American gun owners don't think like that. They may admire your new purchase like you would a new car or a new dress even, but the majority don't have guns to be cool....except maybe for certain gang bangers that wave it around to look tough or some immature first-timer.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why do you care?

Why do you want them gone?

They won't answer.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

A person is more likely to die in the womb than a mass shooter.

How would a person go about dying inside a mass shooter? Sounds strange.

Or maybe you're saying a person is more likely than a mass shooter is to die in the womb. Sounds stranger. Is the mass shooter a robot?

Or maybe you're just missing the word "by." It's a mystery.
edit on 3-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: neo96

Do we want to stop nutbags from having guns, or do we want nutbags to buy guns whenever they want?

Which is it?

The problem with that is define who is a "nutbag" and who gets to determine if someone is one? You have Psychologists and Psychiatrists who believe that anybody who wants to own a gun is a "nutbag".

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The only important thing about your post is that I look better in that dress than she did.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

How about your obsession with me having guns?

Insecure? Whatever you think you need to tell yourself to explain your own obsession.

Immature? Such as using several differing fonts? Or "bang-bang" as a descriptor? That sort of immature?

Disease like? I'll have you know I practice safe fondling of my firearms. I'm clean.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Because he's scared of an inanimate object he doesn't understand and he supports a political system which twists "more control" into "freedom."

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yup, that explains most of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: aethertek

It's a tool like any other.

And no more dangerous than a car, chainsaw, or household cleaners, and prescriptions in our homes.

A tool? To do what with?
It's a crap "tool" to hunt with, it's not known for any great accuracy, especially most of the cheap knockoffs.

Oohhh they look cool or do you just feel you look cool when you fondle yours?

K~

The irony... you've spent posts degrading the .223 platform as being worthless to hunt with, not powerful enough, and essentially portrayed it as an inferior caliber... yet OMFG!!! They're only good for "killing scores (of people) at a time".

The .223 is a perfectly fine cartridge for whitetail deer in non-wilderness hunting situations (which covers most of the US east of the Rockies). It's not going to maintain a mile of lethality like a 30.06 or .308 will, making it ideal for hunting in more populated areas. It's also not a good choice for a 300 yard shot in the breeze, but let's be honest here... most hunters packing a .308 probably shouldn't be taking that long of a shot without having first put in some significant range time. THAT is part of the beauty of the platform. I can go to Cabellas and buy 300 .223 rounds (or a few more 5.56) for $120. 300 .308 rounds from Cabellas is going to run at least $400 and .338 Win Mag $900 minimum. A man with 50 hours at the range and 500 rounds sent downrange is going to know their firearm like they know their own hand. That's invaluable and makes up for any deficiency you're complaining about involving the platform.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Whats the measurement?
Who decides ?
CAN that measure be politically manipulated?
DO enlighten me.
If not, running around without answers to effect a functional change ,only basing it on your feelings is clouding the issue at best.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hoplophobia.
Jeff Cooper coined that term.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Not in Ohio, we can only use straight walled in 357 or higher. No bottlenecks. But yes, many a poacher has taken many a deer with the lowly 22 LR.

Side note: 223 can be used for coyotes. Go figure since the argument against bottlenecks was the extended range vs 357 or even 45 acp which is also legal for deer if you have a rifle chambered for it.
edit on 3-10-2017 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

357 will take a deer.

I'm a firm believer in 30-30 as the best hunting round ever. With a little creative reloading, it'll handle just about anything in North America with aplomb. I've taken elk, and black bear, and, of course, deer with it, and with lighter loads it'll do squirrel, too...though you may have to bark it. It's my go to rifle.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

44. You can magnum or special for various game or animals (bears, mountain lions) or even shot shells for quail, rabbit or squirrel. Pretty universal for an all in one gun.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Only a fool would suggest such a thing. The government then simply labels everyone 'crazy' end of story. This is also known as guilty until proven innocent.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Not in Ohio, we can only use straight walled in 357 or higher. No bottlenecks. But yes, many a poacher has taken many a deer with the lowly 22 LR.

My Dad has a bolt action 22 LR that was my great, great grandfathers which has shot more deer than most big game rifles I've ever seen. It's entirely a skill issue... though I'd never attempt to use one on a bear, elk, or moose.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join