It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti Gunners full court press

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Effectively, yes. Because you never know when another one will snap and commit a heinous crime. That's the level of logic that they're applying here.

That's not how our system is supposed to work, whether its with regard to Muslims, gun owners, gun owning Muslims, or whomever. All should be judged on the basis of their own merits and no one should be punished for the crimes of another.

edit on 3-10-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: aethertek

What's a blinged out AR-15 good for anyway?

Right!

Because all things that look black and scary should be banned amiright ?

Can't answer the question "amiright"sic?
What good is a blinged out AR?

Just more hyperbolic emotionalism about your "guns".
Damn the way you'all react you'd think you were worried about them taking your Johnsen.

& no I don't consider guns "scary" they're just a tool like my blades or bows.
Again you aint going to drop no decent size game with a piss-ant .223.
I prefer my grandads WW2 Enfield Mk2 drops a heavy elk like a rock.

K~

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

K~

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Do try to keep up. I just don't care anymore. It is a waste of my time and energy to care about the 59 people who were shot, or about any people who are strangers to me who get shot. Meh. Don't care. It's really freeing!

I had a wonderful lunch today. I hope you did as well!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The answer is what a person spends their own money on is their own damn business and no one elses.

Looks have NOTHING to do with function.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

K~

What good is a $2000 blinged out compound bow? I mean, people kill game all the time with a simple recurve and iron broadheads, what do you need all those spinny wheels and stabilizers and pendulum sights and mechanical arrowheads...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'll answer it. Plenty of people in my area use their AR-15 for hunting. Typically, they use it for coyotes or hogs, but .223/5.56 are legal for deer in my state and you can always swap uppers for .300AAC or 7.62x39 and it takes about 15 seconds to do it. You could do the same with 22LR or 9mm for small game or home defense, respectively, if you wanted. Try that with the average hunting rifle. The grips and stock are also easily customized and replaced depending on the need, too.

Likewise, its so damn simple that if something breaks, no need for a trip to the gunsmith. I can fix it myself quickly and easily.

And did I mention that I can practice with it far cheaper than I can my hunting rifles?

So yeah, I can find plenty of uses for it, even if some can't.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The answer is what a person spends their own money on is their own damn business and no one elses.

So it's nothing but a toy to you.
That's great, toys that can kill scores at a time just cuz freedumb.

K~

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It's a tool like any other.

And no more dangerous than a car, chainsaw, or household cleaners, and prescriptions in our homes.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So it's nothing but a toy to you.
That's great, toys that can kill scores at a time just cuz freedumb.

K~

I can take my toy super soaker and fill it with something extremely harmful and do more damage.

#bantoys

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not so much a political party as it is the govt. that supposedly has our best interests at heart.

Do any of us believe, even for a moment, that the supposed pro-2nd amendment GOP wouldn't, in large numbers, go along with the large number of Democrats who would support/vote for something of this nature--if they weren't watched by those horrible people from the NRA, and other groups of like mind?

It is in a govts nature to want power, and having power, want more.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Now we have anti-freedom fascists demanding that we justify what our firearms look like.

SMH

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior

K~

What good is a $2000 blinged out compound bow? I mean, people kill game all the time with a simple recurve and iron broadheads, what do you need all those spinny wheels and stabilizers and pendulum sights and mechanical arrowheads...

I'll address your dictionary definition of a strawman arguement.

I agree all that added BS, counter draws & pulls, weights, how do even get through the bush with all that dangling off everywhere.

K~

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Probably. I doubt some of the GOP Congress are any more sincere about their pro-2A stance than many of the Dems are about their anti-2A stance. Its all about what keeps the votes and the campaign contributions rolling.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Do any of us believe, even for a moment, that the supposed pro-2nd amendment GOP wouldn't, in large numbers, go along with the large number of Democrats who would support/vote for something of this nature--if they weren't watched by those horrible people from the NRA, and other groups of like mind?

Oh they would.

This close to the midterms neither side wants to be caught on the wrong side.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It's a tool like any other.

And no more dangerous than a car, chainsaw, or household cleaners, and prescriptions in our homes.

A tool? To do what with?
It's a crap "tool" to hunt with, it's not known for any great accuracy, especially most of the cheap knockoffs.

Oohhh they look cool or do you just feel you look cool when you fondle yours?

K~

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

A tool? To do what with? It's a crap "tool" to hunt with, it's not known for any great accuracy, especially most of the cheap knockoffs.

Funny thing there.

We don't have to justify anything to you.

Simple fact people are allowed to practice their RIGHT.

It's never been up for debate.

Maybe we should start treating the first amendment like the second.

They would definitely cut back on all the political bull snip.

Posts have too many words.

Cut it down to one at a time.

Make people wait before they get to post. Mandatory waiting period, and all that.

$200 tax stamps payable to the state for grandfathered posts.

Only 'common sense'.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Why do you care so much about whether or not I look cool with my scary black rifle?? Fondle? Naah. Caress, maybe...rub it gently, but not fondle--too kinky for my tastes.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
American gun FETISH at all time high...

Insecure people? Immature people who like BANG-BANGS?

DUNNO what it is...but Americans Obsession with guns is almost disease-like.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

It's a crap "tool" to hunt with, it's not known for any great accuracy, especially most of the cheap knockoffs.

Well, SKS rifles are also pretty popular as a poor man's deer rifle in my area and its proven itself more than effective in that role. Yet the average SKS isn't going to compete with the average AR-15 in terms of accuracy. If the SKS can do it, the AR-15 certainly can.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join