It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A terrifying irony for you to consider

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

Guns in the wrong hands can kill many innocent people. Shouldn't we be focusing on how to keep guns out of those wrong hands?

I just find it interesting the different attitudes between a Muslim killing a bunch of people with guns and an American killing a bunch of people with guns. When a Muslim does it, it's "oh my God, we've got to do something to stop this from happening ever again", with the knee-jerk reaction to keep Muslims out of the country. When an American does it, it's "meh, crap happens, nothing we can do about it."

The basic problem here in America is defining "wrong hands".
It seems that the political motivation is to remove all guns from ALL hands - except those of course for the police(state).

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You want to severely limit or do away with the 2nd fine then do so as it is outlined in the constitution.

Frightens me some what that on a site of people supposedly dedicated to question the official story that folks want the same people they question to decide for you what parts of the bill of rights will apply to you.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Revolution9

It should be obvious to Americans now that they are killing each other with mass shootings, police shootings, gang shootings and domestic shootings with greater precision and in greater numbers than any outside enemy could achieve.

You sure?

Nearly 75 percent of all deaths in the United States are attributed to just 10 causes, with the top three of these accounting for over 50 percent of all deaths. Over the last 5 years, the main causes of death in the U.S. have remained fairly consistent.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Sorry to be so hard, but you need to start using that brain matter. I will be trying my best to make you think from now on

Indeed.

How many times do I have to tell you , never bring logic and facts into a liberal US hating thread ? It interferes with their ability to spew forth tripe . Libs follow tripe and eat that sh** up

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Do you see Muslim terrorists in there anywhere?

Facts, dude.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

I don't think that's true. What IS true is that there is a push to make it harder for people to kill mass numbers. That means certain weapons that can easily accomplish that task should be harder to get. Also, we should be more careful about who we let have guns.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a reply to: ganjoa

I don't think that's true. What IS true is that there is a push to make it harder for people to kill mass numbers. That means certain weapons that can easily accomplish that task should be harder to get. Also, we should be more careful about who we let have guns.

I'm not seeing any disagreement. The problem is defining which hands are the"wrong "hands.
"Certain weapons should be harder to get"-for military, police, private security,bodyguards???
Justsayin'

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Do you see Muslim terrorists in there anywhere?

Facts, dude.

I really wish I knew your point
I really , really do....
WTF ?
Oh , wait ...
Standard posting ability - pointless

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There is absolutely no reason to ban refugees from Middle Eastern countries. But silly conservatives seem to think that banning them will stop terrorist attacks, when the fact is, 99% of all terrorist attacks in the U.S. weren't perpetrated by refugees. AND, getting killed in a terrorist attack is such a statistical anomaly that we shouldn't even really be worrying about it at all. Try using facts and logic with conservatives when it comes to Muslim terrorists - does one no good.

Get my point now?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Statistically speaking, illegal killings from the use of firearms are tiny in the U.S.

I'm going to use the FBI statistics in this table, and I will go with 2006, since it's the highest total firearm-related deaths in that five-year span. I will also include the 1,140 deaths by "other weapons or weapons not stated" in order to ensure that we're not low-balling the numbers, here. So, 1,140 in addition to the 10,225 firearm murders gives us a total of 11,365 firearm murders.

The population of the U.S. in 2006 was 298.4-Million people, according to Google.

At this point, I hope that you can see where I'm going with this.

Now, let's assume that not one of these murders was committed by the same person or the same weapon--that there were 11,365 different individuals who murdered someone in 2006 with unique weapons.

This would mean that, in 2006, 0.000038% of our population were murderers/killed by murderers.

I don't know about you, but I'm quite certain that when you actually look at the numbers instead of freaking out over something, you'll realize that your entire OP and this thread is based on hyperbole.

Here are more interesting facts concerning homicides in the U.S., from the Bureau of Justice Statistics (DOJ). Please note that, as of 2011, homicide rates in the U.S. reached the lowest level since 1965, and in the span of 20 years, had dropped by 50% since the early 90s.

I will reflect you and comment candidly whenever I see you messing up like this.

Ditto.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

There is absolutely no reason to ban refugees from Middle Eastern countries. But silly conservatives seem to think that banning them will stop terrorist attacks, when the fact is, 99% of all terrorist attacks in the U.S. weren't perpetrated by refugees. AND, getting killed in a terrorist attack is such a statistical anomaly that we shouldn't even really be worrying about it at all. Try using facts and logic with conservatives when it comes to Muslim terrorists - does one no good.

Get my point now?

Are you supposed to be replying to someone else ?
Please check as I never brought anything Muslim into this .
The chart was posted by someone else , and only shows the top causes of death in the US.
No race , religion sex , national origin , sexual preference , etc. was brought into the post.
Again , if this truly was meant for me ,
WTF ?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You want real irony? Maybe foreign terrorists get killed by domestic ones in these shootings.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I am indeed replying to you. I am giving you an example of why it is pointless to use facts and logic when dealing with conservatives.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I am indeed replying to you. I am giving you an example of why it is pointless to use facts and logic when dealing with conservatives.

Ahhh...
I apologize then. But why bring Muslims into it ? I didn't . I would appreciate if you didn't . I have close Muslim friends .
Iraqi .
And I may be "partially" a conservative. But I used to be a big-time Progressive Liberal . Till I grew up.
"Meathead" couldnt have held a candle to me
Now , away with your inane self and your assumptions

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm not assuming anything. Merely pointing out that using facts and logic doesn't work on "tripe-spewing" conservatives any more than it works on liberals.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Check and mate.
A little toying game I play to get someone to say exactly what I want em to say to prove my point. And you did.
Thanks for the verification. The Muslim deal sealed it .
Now , I am done with you...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You want a shot at the title?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You want a shot at the title?

My title :
Time for meds and sleep. Irritation setting in....
Becoming what I dislike most in others
A little gaming with Prey (dont necessarily like it , but I paid good money for it) , BP medication and sleep will do me good
edit on 10/3/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
BP medication and sleep will do me good

What do you take? I'm on Amlodipine.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

According to you maybe,if you have the media cherry picking topics,and fueled with lies not facts,the ones with too much time on their hands dream this up,liberals need "big brother" to control them

<< 1   >>

join