It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Left worrying about Gun Control when they have DAKA to pass?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

That is a good point. We should be able to track where the weapons of mass murder are at all times.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Stephen20
Also no amount of Gun Control would have stoped this attack as he was NEVER A CRIMINAL. All those big fancy Gun Laws wouldn't have stoped him.

I'm not sure how you can say that. If you can't buy the guys, how can you get the guns?

In 1996 when Australia passed sweeping gun restrictions both rounding up all existing weapons and banning the sale of semi/full auto and shotguns, they stopped having mass shootings.

Is this when terrorism is different from mass shootings except when it's not because I seem to recall some terrorists shooting a bunch of people in a restaurant there fairly recently.

I believe the limit is something like a bodycount of >4 equals a mass shooting, and if you're referencing the 2014 Lindt Cafe seige just under that amount of civilians were killed (I think even one was friendly fire from police even).

You make a salient point that its some arbitrary distinction that is set as the delineation between a 'mass' shooting and a multiple-homicide shooting type event.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

So... Just throw the 4th Amendment completely out then?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Stephen20

They are worried because 67% of all gun murders are perpetrated by democrat shooters.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

I don't get the connection. We track cars and that's not a 4th amendment issue.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't get the connection. We track cars and that's not a 4th amendment issue.

Do we track cars "at all times", or do you have to have a warrant?

If you're referring to registration, there is a Form 4473 on the majority of guns. If necessary, the ATF can figure out who has it.

There is no Constitutionally protected right to own a car. You are free to travel on your feet.

Also, how would knowing where "weapons of mass murder" ( which could include a bunch of other things that aren't firearms ) "at all times" have prevented the most recent mass shooting?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

We can track cars history when in an accident or used in a crime. Someone needs to track who is buying parts to assemble military type weapons. Like bombs or poisons. If laws were 100 effective, we wouldn't need prisons. But it would be much worse without laws.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

We can track cars history when in an accident or used in a crime. Someone needs to track who is buying parts to assemble military type weapons. Like bombs or poisons. If laws were 100 effective, we wouldn't need prisons. But it would be much worse without laws.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

We can track cars history when in an accident or used in a crime. Someone needs to track who is buying parts to assemble military type weapons. Like bombs or poisons.

So we jump from guns to bombs or poisons, things that can be made from common household items.

Credit card transaction records do a pretty good job of tracking purchases.

If laws were 100 effective, we wouldn't need prisons. But it would be much worse without laws.

No disagreement there. So... again... for the umpteenth time, what law that's not already on the books would prevent mass-shootings?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

None, but we have to find a way to lower the casualties. Like limit high capacity magazines. If there had been more pauses between reloads , more people would have gotten away. And universal background checks.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

None, but we have to find a way to lower the casualties. Like limit high capacity magazines. If there had been more pauses between reloads , more people would have gotten away. And universal background checks.

A 30rd magazine is considered standard capacity, not high. A trained rifleman can reload and be back to firing in less than 2 seconds. Drum magazines tend to jam.

Every new gun sold requires a buyer to fill out a 4473 form and undergo a NICS check. 19 out of 50 states require a background check on private sales. In the states which don't require a background check, it is still considered prudent for a seller to reasonably assure that they're not selling to a prohibited person.

On the rare occasion where I privately sell or buy a gun, I insist on seeing a govt ID, pistol permit, and both parties sign a bill of sale that states that both parties are not prohibited from owning firearms. It is to protect me.

Also, the cheapest FFL fees I have ever seen are $25/transfer. Imagine paying $25 to vote, or go to church, or post on ATS. If background checks continue to work like they currently do, it amounts to a tax/fee to exercise a right.

As a caveat, if it were FREE for me to run a background check to privately sell a firearm, I would use that system as a safeguard for myself, and for peace of mind.

I would like to point out though, that the Vegas shooter passed his background checks.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

A lot of people found a place to run or hide at Vegas between pauses, I heard from interviews.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join