It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Left worrying about Gun Control when they have DAKA to pass?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I love how Democrats think they can get to Gun Control when they havent even touched DAKA yet. And are still fighting off Republicans trying to get rid of Obama Care. 6 months goes by real quick. Also no amount of Gun Control would have stoped this attack as he was NEVER A CRIMINAL. All those big fancy Gun Laws wouldn't have stoped him.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stephen20

For the Democrats, GC is just a campaign topic.

They know it would take 100% authoritarian control to get guns out of the public hands.

That means many deaths to enforce any law.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I think it's referred to as striking while the iron is hot. Or perhaps making hay while the sun shines. It's politics.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

For the Democrats, GC is just a campaign topic.

They know it would take 100% authoritarian control to get guns out of the public hands.

That means many deaths to enforce any law.

Its not surprising at all the Left hates the 2 most important Amendments the 1st Free Speech and 2nd Right to Bear Arms take those away and you have a true Dictatorship.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I don't think Democrats have any intention of actually passing gun control.

Just like Republicans had no intention of actually repealing Obamacare.

They are all a bunch of useless liars.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

They are worried about gun control because they know that the people still have the option, at least in theory, to change things the Jefferson way.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Democrats are not worried about anything. It's not like they are going to lose power. They are already out of power.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

They are worried about gun control because they know that the people still have the option, at least in theory, to change things the Jefferson way.

The people who count the votes decide the election. And the Koch brothers OWN every state legislation in red states. I don't understand why I am the only one who assumes the absolute worse case because of human nature. Until I am proven otherwise I am just assuming the entire government is corrupt and the voting is rigged to the core.

edit on 2-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Blue-red, they all love their fire arms.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Why are you talking about what your going to make for dinner if you still have a bed to make?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Reading some of these posts , why oh why doesnt ATS have a Hoax Bin for individual posts ?

Back on track , why do they not feel any sympathy after these tragedies and can only tout "gun control"
Speaks volumes on the morality of the left.(as I have often said on many threads on many subjects)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You know what's funny?

The left tells us to carry on like everything is normal after every islamic terrorist attack.

But now they're saying we can't carry on as normal. We need more anti-gun laws passed, more surveillance, and more government RIGHT NOW!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Damn right.

It's just pandering to the base.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

There's nowhere near enough support for anything beyond perhaps expanded background checks and even then, that would only seem temporarily possible if Democrats controlled both houses and the presidency and it was in the wake of a mass shooting.

As it stands, it's just an absolute non-starter that they shouldn't do the NRA the favor of talking about it. It turns out that the more severe the proposed measures are, the less support there is, even on the Left. I don't think anyone has anything to worry about in the near future but I'm sure that won't stop gun sales from shooting up for a bit.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The left tells us to carry on like everything is normal after every islamic terrorist attack.

Shhh..you are not allowed to use that term
Workplace violence is the allowed term

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Another case of never let crises go to waste politics.

Bread and circuses for the masses, pandering to their voter-base to make it feel like something positive will come of their strutting around like roosters in the yard.

Is rather shameful for any party, group, etc to do such things.

The poor victims aren't even laid to rest and people are climbing atop their bodies to make a statement.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The Gun Control lobbyists are already pushing to make it illegal to own guns now.

Everyone else points out that owning automatic weapons is already illegal, and committing a crime with guns is also illegal. But still they think, passing this one law will fix everything.

BBC was running an article on how there are over 20,000 Americans injured in gun accidents. But there is no mention of the 260,000 home invasions carried out with guns, or the 500,000 that were stopped by guns. Pop Stars like Lady Gaga were already jumping on the "Make Guns Illegal" campaign. Critics point out that all these Hollywood stars have 24 hour security in gated communities with ... armed guards.

edit on 3-10-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
(Sigh...)

1) Democrats can't pass anything at the federal level. Republicans control both chambers of Congress & only the leaders of each chamber (the Speaker of the House & Senate Majority Leader) can bring any legislation to the floor for a vote.

2) Democrats are talking about gun control right now because it's always been one of our priorities & because we're actually trying to reduce the number of gun-related deaths in this country. That much should be obvious. Even left wingers like myself who believe in gun ownership can see that we need stronger regulations to prevent crap like this.

3) What's DAKA? Are you referring to DACA, which Democrats also can't pass?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

It's simple - POWER!

They want more of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stephen20
Also no amount of Gun Control would have stoped this attack as he was NEVER A CRIMINAL. All those big fancy Gun Laws wouldn't have stoped him.

I'm not sure how you can say that. If you can't buy the guys, how can you get the guns?

In 1996 when Australia passed sweeping gun restrictions both rounding up all existing weapons and banning the sale of semi/full auto and shotguns, they stopped having mass shootings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join