It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my theory.. Vegas shooters motives were gun control .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

S&F. I have thought much the same. We'll see over the next few days what they think the motive was, but what you suggest seems as likely as anything else I have heard.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

If the thought hadn't crossed my mind, I wouldn't have said it did. Thank ya now. Ta-ta.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Deplorable

That guy who shot up Planned Parenthood was Conservative. But I guess his political affiliation didn't really matter, right? Only when it's a "possible" Progressive does political affiliation matter.

Very predictable.

You just committed multiple logical fallacies there, and the people who starred your post are so poorly trained in logic that they didn't notice it.

I'll explain.

The Appeal to Hypocrisy, Tu Quoque:

Tu quoque (/tjuːˈkwoʊkwiː/, also /tuːˈkwoʊkweɪ/;[1] Latin for, "you also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the opponent's argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s).

It is a fallacy because the moral character or past actions of the opponent are generally irrelevant to the logic of the argument.[3] It is often used as a red herring tactic and is a special case of the ad hominem fallacy,

Related examples:
Russians respond to US criticism "And you are lynching negros"

Dirty hands doctrine

Pot calling the kettle black

We can go back in time and show that in reality, the fact the person who attacked Planned Parenthood was a conservative was thought to be a major factor in their attack motive, as it was construed widely as a politically driven crime. Many people criticized this issue and many conservatives took flak for it, and possibly even backed off the issue a bit as a result of the incident (seeing that it was going too far and getting way outta hand).

Many people agreed that his political affiliation did matter, where some others believed that it was mostly irrelevant and that the attacker was mentally disturbed and just gravitated towards a popular political issue as an outlet for their frustrations and distorted views. We got a mixed basket of opinions and a lot of people's opinions changed as they learned more.

So also you could be said to be additionally committing the fallacy of Cherry Picking, because you are picking only one specific and ignoring all of the other points of view espoused in relation to that incident (of which there are many varied views). And so therefore you created a Straw man argument.

Plus you're falling into a derailment tactic and taking us off-topic.

Sorry about that, I figured you'd actually enjoy my response to yours.
Hopefully we learned a lot from this lesson today.
edit on 10/3/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

So far the police say he had 23 guns in his hotel room, but only used 1 for the shooting and then killed himself.

So, yeah, I do find it a little strange.

Out of the 23 , 19 were in his home. 23 was the total amount.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Certainly devoted to his cause.

But I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's really impossible to say anything definitively with any guarantee of accuracy at this juncture.

All I have are a few youtube videos and a lot of assumptions.
Oh and I have all this stuff people say.

You know what all of that will buy me?
A whole lot of nothing.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hi guys. It's been a while since I been here. Tonight I just watched some footage of muzzleflashes from a way lower floor than what has been reported. Supposedly the badguy was at one of the upper floors. I don't know what to believe anymore. Why all the lies? First thing I heard, shooter was killed by cops. Then hours later, suppoedly he blew his own brains out. Why the discrepancies? Was there bullets flying everywhere? Was there cops itching to take credit? From what I heard, there was explosives employed by cops to take him out. WTF is up with that? Bullets if sent by a trained person, and sent to a badguy, well it don't kill a buncha innocent people if we are lucky. Explosives are not like that, you can kaboom, or burn innocent people with those. I don't really know what to think now, who to believe.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Doing something horribly immoral just to show people they need to be moral because of the example they just showed is definitely crazy.

Lol. You mean everything new-age Republicans extremists do and say?

Exhibit A: Racism.

More Like the One Millionth Example of an Opportunity for some Anti American liberal to attack the second amendment whenever a tragedy strikes so that people won't even have a choice in self defense against killers who will get guns regardless of anti-gun laws.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

So far the police say he had 23 guns in his hotel room, but only used 1 for the shooting and then killed himself.

Out of the 23 , 19 were in his home. 23 was the total amount.

You may want to review that.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Hi guys. It's been a while since I been here. Tonight I just watched some footage of muzzleflashes from a way lower floor than what has been reported. Supposedly the badguy was at one of the upper floors. I don't know what to believe anymore. Why all the lies? First thing I heard, shooter was killed by cops. Then hours later, suppoedly he blew his own brains out. Why the discrepancies? Was there bullets flying everywhere? Was there cops itching to take credit? From what I heard, there was explosives employed by cops to take him out. WTF is up with that? Bullets if sent by a trained person, and sent to a badguy, well it don't kill a buncha innocent people if we are lucky. Explosives are not like that, you can kaboom, or burn innocent people with those. I don't really know what to think now, who to believe.

I believe the explosives were used to open the door to the room. Something small to take out the locking mechanism on the door.

The discrepancies are due to various news orgs wanting to be the first with the story, instead of being accurate.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So, no one in the audience was carrying a gun?
In Nevada?

That didn't seem to work out so well.

edit on 10/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Very strange I think someone came up to his room killed him then blasted away at the concert with plenty of time to escape that's why the camera set up was there. Just leave a nice collection of weapons ah la James earl ray

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

There is a difference between no guns, and gun laws, and no gun laws.

Do you believe there should just be no gun laws at all? If the answer to that is no, maybe hang tight on criticizing the position.

I am not anti-gun or anti-ability to defend yourself. I am anti-there-are-more-unregistered-guns-in-America-than-China-has-total.

So unless guns are handled responsibly(and they aren't atm) I can understand your confusion as this position of responsible ownership equaling 'anti-gun' but it is not.

People being able to defend themselves shouldn't be a process synonymous with going to Target and picking out an AK-47. You SHOULD require a licence to have a gun for self defense(from people), you SHOULD require some degree of certification from professional gun owners for this, idk why you people are against it, it would increase the industries business to regulate it correctly. And finally there needs to be a REWARD for registering a unregistered gun, not COST MONEY.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In Nevada?

Ya, taking the audiences rights to carry guns away would not have helped one bit, good point.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
They check for weapons when u enter concerts hear

Not that it matters but yes most likely no one was armed

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In Nevada?

No one expects to need one at an event where people are happy and having a good time, and no one is expecting to be ambushed in such a cowardly fashion like that. Even if everyone there was armed, they would have a tough time knowing where to shoot back without shooting the wrong person. The police failed here. In crowded venues in places where there are police actually serving and protecting, they would be spotting all the time using infrared and thermal surveillance.

But the police in Vegas are usually just looking for vagrants to beat up and roust.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Exactly and mental detectors inside venues.
Though, didn't stop the shooter of Dimebag Darrell(Pantera/Damage pan) due to him entering another door.
Source
edit on 3-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

The police failed here. In crowded venues in places where there are police actually serving and protecting, they would be spotting all the time using infrared and thermal surveillance.
You mean by rifle fire? I agree. A handgun ain't much use.

The police failed here. In crowded venues in places where there are police actually serving and protecting, they would be spotting all the time using infrared and thermal surveillance.
Sure. I guess that would apply to any night on the strip, then.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join