It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally putting an end to chemtrails

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Can they have like a windmill type thing on it that will turn from the air travelling around or through the aircraft and use that like some sorta generator.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: dfnj2015

Then they had better start on inventing ways to make the chemtrails invisible.

Why don't they just do it at night or under cloud cover...lol

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Is there someone (Zaphod?) well-versed enough in aviation who can tell me if this would eliminate contrails? I'm not sure how an electric jet engine works, and don't know how warm the intake air gets, or how much it is compressed, before that air is exhausted out the back of the engine.

If large amounts of air are still heated and compressed with electric jets, then wouldn't contrails still be produced if conditions permit?

Or is there little to no heating of the air (which is normally done by combustion of the jet fuel), thus no contrail?

edit on 3/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

There isn't enough data yet. In theory, they won't leave contrails, and the NASA LEAPTech program is testing the HEIST unmanned electric aircraft, which will include finding out for certain.

The plan is to install a new wing with electric motors onto a P2006T aircraft, under the SCEPTOR program. NASA will work with Joby Aviation and start flights next year.

www.jobyaviation.com...

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 10/3/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Can they have like a windmill type thing on it that will turn from the air travelling around or through the aircraft and use that like some sorta generator.

Electrical power on a jet is currently generated from the turning of the jet engine's turbine fans.

edit on 3/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Speaking of Zunum.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You would still get aerodynamic contrails under certain conditions, and these can persist just like exhaust contrails.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
You would still get aerodynamic contrails under certain conditions, and these can persist just like exhaust contrails.

Thanks for that, but I was also wondering if an electric jet still compressed the air (because, as far as I know, compressing the air is what defines a jet), and if that compression of the air inside the electric jet engine is enough to create exhaust contrails.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

We'll find out when they start flying them around. Until then, your guess is as good as mine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join