It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw an over the top really racy grubhub commercial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In case you don't want to click on the link it shows a 20-something delivery boy bringing food to 40 year old cougar who takes the delivery with sultry glaring looks. I understand we have way too much sex in commercials. Is this good taste or bad taste. The woman is old enough to be this kids mother. You can think of this ad two ways. First, it's really good and getting sexually starved MILFs to order from Grubhub. And secondly, it makes it easy for Grubhub to hire 20 year old delivery boys!

www.ispot.tv...

Thoughts? Too much or just right? I think it's on the edge of bad taste.

edit on 2-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

To answer your question...

I am sick of our hypersexualized culture.

I find it offensive and if it were reversed roles people would be freaking out.

edit on 2017/10/2 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I saw a levis commercial that goes through everyone who is OK to wear their Chinese (I think) manufactured jeans.You know Straight, gay, boys, girls......

Silly that these commercials are so stupid.

Oh and speaking of stupid, men can only think about BBQ'ed processed meats, TRUCKS and sports, in commercials.

edit on 2-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You laugh but as a guy moonlighting as a courier for the next 2 months youd be surprised who answers the door including naked people. Ive even had a gun drawn on me my some rich ladies security detail for walking up to her front door to deliver baskin robbins that she had ordered. I even got to deliver to my all time favorite bass player marcus miller a month ago.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I like bewbies....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So the message is; one African-American family and a single white woman.

They had adverts like this in decades ago; one was based on the single guy dressed up as a Roman centurion knocking on the door of an apartment asking if this was the party. Initially the woman (who was having a quiet night in) shakes her head, then looks him over, then says "one minute", dresses herself up and hauls him into the apartment. They spend the evening have a party Roman style with him lying back on the couch.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The sad irony is that if a company put together a commercial with a young female delivery girl being oogled and propositioned by a middle age dude at the apartment she was delivering food at, heads would explode. But this is OK. Equality, y'all! Look at it in it's ridiculously phoney splendor.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I just watched it, not that bad.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
You laugh but as a guy moonlighting as a courier for the next 2 months youd be surprised who answers the door including naked people. Ive even had a gun drawn on me my some rich ladies security detail for walking up to her front door to deliver baskin robbins that she had ordered. I even got to deliver to my all time favorite bass player marcus miller a month ago.

That has been a thing for a while
The naked pizza delivery dare

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You got to answer yourself
Was the come hither look for the delivery person or the food ??
Else , nothing was inflammatory about it. No racy clothing , the lady didnt pull him inside and close the door , and there was no physical contact..

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I just watched it, not that bad.

Guilty as charged! Me too!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Else , nothing was inflammatory about it. No racy clothing , the lady didnt pull him inside and close the door , and there was no physical contact..

Yeah, it's like sexually innuendo in 1940s movies.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Not over the top.This commercial was harmless.Question.....did you direct this commercial or star in it,and you're fishing for compliments??? Meh,it was ok.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Sex sells and now they are finally selling it to the old ladies! Yee haw!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Seems we are being given new direction, like Men alone with no Mom and just kids and Dads.
After people learned what "Pizza" can mean they have done constant commercials showing lids alone with someone and weird looks and words.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm still looking for the racy part.

Carl's Jr. or GoDaddy this is not.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Gothmog

Yeah, it's like sexually innuendo in 1940s movies.

You got it. And what would you know of 40s movies ? I thought I was the only one on ATS that could remember when...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You have PM with the details. Worth reading.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Casablanca, the African Queen, Hitchcock movies, Jimmy Stewart movies.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I'm not seeing what you're seeing? When the door opens, we see his face. He freezes, seems flustered. She smiles, bemused by his expression, takes the bag and turns to go. She doesn't seem like a cougar at all.

That's how it looks to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join