It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAD NEWS - Las Vegas Mass Murderer Stephen Paddock Fits No Existing Terrorist Profile.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
October 2, 2017

By all accounts, other than being a multi-millionaire, Las Vegas mass murderer/terrorist Stephen Paddock was just a regular guy, living the American Dream.

Statements from his brothers...

Paddock's brothers were stunned to learn Monday that their sibling was the suspected gunman in the largest mass shooting in modern American history.

Eric Paddock of Orlando, Florida, said he had "no idea" why his 64-year-old brother committed the shooting.
“Mars just fell into the earth,” he told NBC News. “We’re completely dumbfounded."

Eric Paddock said his brother was retired and was "just a guy" who stayed at hotels, gambled and went to shows.

Stephen Paddock's brother Bruce Paddock, who lives in California, said his family grew up in Sun Valley, California.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

All prior mass murderers had a troubled past, or psychological issues, were under great stress, or SOMETHING that family and co-workers said was out of the ordinary.

Does Paddock's personality and lifestyle profile blow a hole in psychological and law enforcement theories on who is most likely to commit acts of terrorism? To me, all existing theories need to be reset to square 1. Since this "normal" guy has committed the largest mass murder spree in modern American history, it's critical that a motive be identified.

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/2/2017 by carewemust because: mass murderer = terrorist

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I and many others know the profile.

And some (MSM) are doing their best to hide it.

edit on Oct-02-2017 by xuenchen because: o_o

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
October 2, 2017

By all accounts, other than being a multi-millionaire, Las Vegas mass murderer/terrorist Stephen Paddock was just a regular guy, living the American Dream.

Statements from his brothers...

Paddock's brothers were stunned to learn Monday that their sibling was the suspected gunman in the largest mass shooting in modern American history.

Eric Paddock of Orlando, Florida, said he had "no idea" why his 64-year-old brother committed the shooting.
“Mars just fell into the earth,” he told NBC News. “We’re completely dumbfounded."

Eric Paddock said his brother was retired and was "just a guy" who stayed at hotels, gambled and went to shows.

Stephen Paddock's brother Bruce Paddock, who lives in California, said his family grew up in Sun Valley, California.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

All prior mass murderers had a troubled past, or psychological issues, were under great stress, or SOMETHING that family and co-workers said was out of the ordinary.

Does Paddock's personality and lifestyle profile blow a hole in psychological and law enforcement theories on who is most likely to commit acts of terrorism? To me, all existing theories need to be reset to square 1. Since this "normal" guy has committed the largest mass murder spree in modern American history, it's critical that a motive be identified.

-CareWeMust

Sure waiting to hear what the official story is for this one! But as they have said all day on the news, they are more focusing on the families and victims right now and then they will discuss the story about the shooter. It IS very strange so far! Just a little while ago they said he even had lots of explosives in his car. Only time will tell what in the world a motive could be.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Bad news he fits no profiles?

My guess is the families of the almost sixty dead and hundreds wounded don't care.

Either way we're coping with one of our largest tragedies. While closure helps, this is still a wound one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I and many other know the profile.

What "signs" did Paddock exhibit? I'm playing catch-up.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was going to say that this thread is based on very slender evidence. And then I realised that would be an unfair exaggeration, because the truth is that this thread is based on no evidence at all.

The shooter's family didn't see it coming, saw nothing out of the ordinary, and are shocked. This is fairly (!) normal, since most people have private lives as well as family lives. It's waaaaay too early to go claiming this guy is some unique type that's never been seen before. Let's see what the official investigation turns up.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

simple, a crime of boredom.
when you have all you need, and the worst part of your day is a hangover from an amazing night last night... then the devil will find work for idle hands to do...

he didn't want to die nameless...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well it's very early on the investigation, so who knows what will be found out.

So it seems presumtive to say he doesn't fit a profile, when we don't even know his motive yet.

However, there will always be exceptions to any profile.

I don't think profiles claim to be 100percent accurate, so I see no reason why they won't continue to be utilized by law enforcement in the future even if this is an anomaly.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

None, that's the point. He rang absolutely no bells.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

This incident reminds me of the professional assassins portrayed in movies. They keep their nose clean in daily life, but when "activated", perform their assigned task with precision, and without emotion.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I saw stories claiming that ISIS said he's one of theirs, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Their claims are usually somewhat credible though, so we'll see if it pans out.

Others are claiming that the guy was active in hard-left political rallies, which I haven't seen confirmed yet either.

Considering the target though, and also ignoring any conspiracy theories, it's plausible this was a politically driven massacre.

I'd personally like to see more analysis and some better evidence though. In addition I'm afraid I'm wanting to wait months before actually making a solid conclusion, I'd like to give the Internet some time to really dig into this and come up with all the crazy theories and stuff, then I'll sift through some of that and see what has any merit.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

PATSY!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yeah, waaay too early to conclude anything.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Carefully commenting....(not in the mudpit)

But one good hint is listening to the MSM and considering what they are NOT saying.

The more they emphasize some point, the more likely that point is not on target.

For example, they are pushing gambling and jilted romance as 2 possible "causes".

Neither have anything to do with the events last night.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I and many others know the profile.

You Thinking This one?

edit on 2-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Mars just fell into the earth,” he told NBC News. “We’re completely dumbfounded."

(same source)

On CNN, the comment was, "An asteroid fell out of the sky", by his brother (same? IDK).

Being a "conspiracy theorist" (so MSM label me for visiting sites with "out there" articles, like, dear, lovely ATS), why would somebody say, "(astronomical body) hits earth" in their description??

See, that is where tin foil comes out! Pre-programming.

Any word on being on SSRIs or anything?

link   

originally posted by: audubon
I was going to say that this thread is based on very slender evidence. And then I realised that would be an unfair exaggeration, because the truth is that this thread is based on no evidence at all.

The shooter's family didn't see it coming, saw nothing out of the ordinary, and are shocked. This is fairly (!) normal, since most people have private lives as well as family lives. It's waaaaay too early to go claiming this guy is some unique type that's never been seen before. Let's see what the official investigation turns up.

When the most recent shooting occurred, and Congressman Steve Scalise was shot on the baseball field (www.politico.com... ) ATS lit-up with damning background info on 66 year-old shooter James Hodgkinson.

Haven't most other notable high-profile shooters in the past 10 years had a motive assigned to them, like within 24 hours?

link   

I truly believe this was a manifestation of evil, that man was a vehicle, a channel for a demonic force. An vile action against God's creation.

link   
The press conference brought out that an explosive chemical (I think they said ammonium nitrate?) was found in the car. The car was not his. I believe they are saying that it, too, belonged to Marilou Danley.

Her bank card was also found in the room. I also heard that the hotel room was in her name. I can't locate links to verify this, however.

At the presser, they said they were still investigating this woman.

ISIS doubled down on their claim of responsibility.

Somebody said that the woman has two grown sons named Ali and Zafir. Are those muslim names? Anybody know?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The press conference brought out that an explosive chemical (I think they said ammonium nitrate?) was found in the car. The car was not his. I believe they are saying that it, too, belonged to Marilou Danley.

Her bank card was also found in the room. I also heard that the hotel room was in her name. I can't locate links to verify this, however.

At the presser, they said they were still investigating this woman.

ISIS doubled down on their claim of responsibility.

Somebody said that the woman has two grown sons named Ali and Zafir. Are those muslim names? Anybody know?

Supposedly, this woman is in Europe right now. Heard it on Fox earlier today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join