It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS executive fired after saying Las Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's wrong with some Left Wing crazies lately ?

What's wrong with some female Left Wing crazies lately ?
Fixed it for you . First a teacher and now this....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Free speech aside, which she has every right too, would I fire her if she were my employee?

In a heartbeat.

It isn't necessarily the comments. It's the complete lack of perspective and responsibility she showed by making the comment.

I couldn't trust someone like that. Someone that's actions I may be financially liable for, someone that may be responsible for or make decisions affecting other people's safety. Someone that doesn't stop and take a moment to think about actions and consequences.

Nope, I wouldn't want my name, my companies name and certainly not any of my financial livelihood tied to such a person.

With that said, as for the content, it's just downright knuckle dragging pathetic. I, personally, question the intelligence of a woman that would jeopardize her career, her husband's career and the safety of her children by acting like that. She really is a stupid biitch.

God I feel sorry for her husband, I bet he facepalmed so hard he's probably in a coma. I'd seriously question my relationship with a woman like that, unless he's of the same mindset. If so, God help those children.
edit on 2-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Good riddance. Dont make a bigger deal of it than that.

Fired. As they should be, move on

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

its about time the Left grew a back bone

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I can't believe he's comparing apple's to oranges

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Free speech aside, which she has every right too

There is free speech , and then there is insanity . The first is covered by the 2nd. The latter, not so much.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Should they be rampant in schools teaching children and running news stations regurgitated opines? No, but hey freedoms of speech right? Except a private company doesn't have to legally abide by that by law, nor really should for the sake of their own business.

I do agree with that having them be more open about their absurdities, exposing themselves, but that seems like it comes with risks that the above isn't going to give leeway for.
edit on 2-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

All I see is the liberals ,whom are always playing the victim,are not unlike Democrat leaders,they say stupid hars things about anyone who thinks differently,call names,then blame everything on someone else,a liberal is a body with no brain nor cares other then themselves

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'd like to wholly agree with you....but I can't!

I see nothing wrong in your surmise "...not her thoughts...(but)...airing them publicly" but her actions didn't fit in anyway with her job title - "senior counsel of strategic transactions" - either in terms of probable skills or behavioural training.

I suggest she knew the 'emotional weight' of the words, and the unforgiving power of the medium, when she pitched what she pitched. That was no drunken squeal.

So I continue to wonder is it reasonable she was that dumb? Maybe, and maybe CBS couldn't hire a car, never mind a staffer. But maybe not.

Either way my thoughts are with the people who suffered.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So much generalization in a single thread.. it's astounding really!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's free speech. I don't see what was wrong about the comment so what was wrong about it? Not being nice doesn't mean wrong.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BGC123
It's free speech. I don't see what was wrong about the comment so what was wrong about it? Not being nice doesn't mean wrong.

Many non-government employers have "conduct outside of the workplace" rules.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

She was a nasty human being. I would have fired her if she worked for me for that.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Free speech doesnt mean free from consequences.

She used her freedom of speech and the price she paid was her job..

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Free speech doesnt mean free from consequences.

She used her freedom of speech and the price she paid was her job..

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Guy was a registered Democrat and attended anti-Trump rallies according to photos on his Facebook page. ANTIFA also claims him as a member. This is what happens when the media spouts hate 24/7 for Trump. Like the Kathy Griffin severed head stuff.

it normalizes it and emboldens the crazies to take action.
edit on 4-10-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

But no generalization in the CBS execs comments. She had no feelings for the dead she thought were Trump supporters. Clear as a bell. No generalization there.

The media takes no responsibility for radicalizing these people. Typical. I don't watch Main Stream News specifically for this reason.
edit on 4-10-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

started in on Facebook

ehehehe... morons.

This is from another Ivory Tower Intellectual.

It's fakebook, not the Irony Towers of ATS. What the heck did you expect? Wait...
Are you guys there, too? That's sad. So SAD! Wait...

Let me ask you a question: isn't it generally problematic to fire people from a professional business relationship for expressing their personal opinions on another site full of crap? You obviously support this stance, any suggestions?

CBS standarts... but spreading lies for years in support for a second decade War with Terror was fine with the corporate etiquette? Why do you folks still talk about the MSM pack of cheats, liars and gubbermint spies? Who on Ceres cares anyway. Do you?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It is free expression.

But just because she is free to say it does not mean we have to agree with her. I think she is a callow bitch with a low IQ.

but I think even morons should have free expression.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If I made a similar comment like that targeting a group and it got back to my employer no matter when I said it especially if I did so in a way that tagged my employer to me and my comment, they would consider it as embarrassing the company and I would be fired.

Generally speaking most businesses aren't in business to directly insult potential clients, and in a media company where they rely on at least the appearance of impartiality, her remarks if left unchallenged or reprimanded could be construed as approval of the sentiment by her employer ... sort of like the way that the NFL allowing their players to kneel for the anthem is being seen as the NFL endorsing a disrespect of the things the flag and anthem stand for rather than a protest of police brutality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join