It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS executive fired after saying Las Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is what happens when a demographic has been so demonized, they become dehumanized. They have no sympathy because deep down in their hearts they believe the world would be better off without Trumptards.

Yes, that's it. All of us on the Left hate all of you who aren't. We hate our parents, our grandparents, aunts and uncles, our brothers and our sisters, our cousins, our children, our nieces and nephews, our neighbors, co-workers and everyone else who supports Trump.

You're less than human to us and we couldn't care a less if you all died. That's what you believe?

Jesus. Don't be such a melodramatic schmuck. This was just some dumb person saying something insensitive and stupid on social media.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
But but but her right to free speech.....what about the 1st amendment?

This is a perfect example of freedom of speech.

BUT

Not being free from consequence.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know what really strikes me about this?

Liberals on social media saying one group is more important, or as Orwell put it, more equal than the other.

Johnny Cash fan? Likely to be a gun toting baby deporting Republican, you're life isn't really that important.

#BlackLivesMatter kinda sounds familiar....Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

It's odd though.

You had many saying that the football players shouldn't be punished for taking the knee, yet firing this person is okay?

And let me be clear, if some leftist came to me and said I deserved to die and I was less than human, I'd take deep offence to that.

But while we are free to be offended, it does not trump free expression.

And I think freedom is going to be a major topic here soon, since so many want to take away the freedom that the 2nd Amendment defines.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You make a good argument, but in this case it's an employer that is choosing to not associate themselves with someone who is foolish enough to say something like that. It has nothing to do with free speech. This persons speech is not being silenced, it's being reacted to.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That was not what I was trying to imply. I didn't even use the word "left", I was merely replying to Cowboy's response to another member's response. If you don't share those sentiments, then it was not directed at you.

Easy peasy, my friend.

edit on 2-10-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You make a good argument, but in this case it's an employer that is choosing to not associate themselves with someone who is foolish enough to say something like that. It has nothing to do with free speech. This persons speech is not being silenced, it's being reacted to.

The person who said that is an ugly person.

But "ugly" is just window dressing.

Could this person still perform his/her duties as defined by the employer?

Well, maybe I answered my own question since what you say and think is just as important as your ability to perform your duties.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Glad to SEE and HEAR CBS didn't make excuses... like "locker room talk".

If ONLY a certain POTUS was held to a remotely SIMILAR standard...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
59 dead.

520 injured.

By a lone gunman ?

Holy eff.

That doesn't pass the smell test.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Are you equating "Grab em by the pussy with consent because I'm a star", with "No sympathy for dead Trump supporters because they are deplorable?"

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Kaepernick was protesting for social justice, this woman was saying that she doesn't care if Republicans are murdered. I think the latter is something that very few people would agree with. So in terms of a support for their employers' decisions, I think it makes sense.

Though related, that's a distinct issue from whether or not employers should be able to can somebody who says something publicly that reflects poorly on their company.

It's the difference between believing the company has the right to do a thing and believing that it's the right thing for the company to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Well maybe you could be more precise! Too late, I'm already massively offended. I'm taking everything personally now and I am feeling super demonized. I'll be back shortly, I have to go pick up the cake I ordered for my pity party.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: carewemust

That (former) CBS Executive so angry and hurt that insanity is her primary mental state this year. She is just one of many liberals who are wanna-be murderers and assassins. Want to take a wild guess why?

Liberals only comment on killing people conservative actually kill such as depriving children of health insurance

Oh really?
What about the radical Leftist nutjob mayor down in San Juan, PR?
She is going to let her entire city starve while she screams "You are killing us!!" at Trump.
She is your kind of people eh?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Kaepernick was protesting for social justice, this woman was saying that she doesn't care if Republicans are murdered. I think the latter is something that very few people would agree with. So in terms of a support for their employers' decisions, I think it makes sense.

I think the "later" is something more people agree with than you'd care to admit, but that is only my opinion and I have no proof to substantiate it.

Though related, that's a distinct issue from whether or not employers should be able to can somebody who says something publicly that reflects poorly on their company.

It's the difference between believing the company has the right to do a thing and believing that it's the right thing for the company to do.

I guess the company has the final say, they should, but I don't agree with the trend I am seeing of companies pandering to politically correct or to sensitive issues such as this.

Regardless, it was devastating. But people will opine how they feel.

In a free society, we should expect that there will be outspoken assholes.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Liberals are already pushing gun control.

Which would not have stopped PAddock since he had no criminal history.

And he used class three firearms which is already heavily regulated.

edit on 2-10-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

How does someone that stupid get to be "vice president and senior counsel of strategic transactions at CBS"?

Actually, how does someone who appointed this woman get to be in a position to hire anyone at all?

Maybe it was a cynical ploy on her part to pick up a pay-off to go away. Doesn't sound like it though.

Because the basic ideology is likely the overwhelmingly dominant one at CBS, but they aren't supposed to broadcast it like that.

It's not her thoughts that got her fired. It was her poor judgment for airing them publicly.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Well maybe you could be more precise! Too late, I'm already massively offended. I'm taking everything personally now and I am feeling super demonized. I'll be back shortly, I have to go pick up the cake I ordered for my pity party.

If it's cheesecake I may visit.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

How does someone that stupid get to be "vice president and senior counsel of strategic transactions at CBS"?

Actually, how does someone who appointed this woman get to be in a position to hire anyone at all?

Maybe it was a cynical ploy on her part to pick up a pay-off to go away. Doesn't sound like it though.

Because the basic ideology is likely the overwhelmingly dominant one at CBS, but they aren't supposed to broadcast it like that.

It's not her thoughts that got her fired. It was her poor judgment for airing them publicly.

It's what I've been saying.

Many people agree wit her, but can't say it for fear of punishment.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I have one thing to say, # you hayley. Seriously inhuman statement you made their you daft bitch.

I cant believe the level of inhumanity being expressed. Im absolutely flipping stunned that this attack was "RANDOM," and completely hidden from friends and family.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Her comments were totally disrespectful and disgusting, IMO. I don't care for the stereotypical evil right either but damn that was foul. It was every day parents and children at a peaceful country concert FFS not a rally with violent sick supremacists holy crap lady. I know we aren't allowed to use the C word but............ there you have it.

-Alee
edit on 10/2/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join