It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Flags Not Flying At Half Mast ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Watching a live report on BBC News from Las Vegas, i noticed that flags are flying at " Full Mast ". Both State and National Flag.

Surely as a mark of respect, Flags should be flying at " Half Mast ".

R.I.P. to those that lost their lives.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think I heard the president said to lower them tomorrow but I can't confirm

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Link

President Trump led a moment of silence at the White House on Monday afternoon to honor the victims of the Las Vegas massacre, as flags were ordered lowered to half-staff at government buildings across the country.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thank you for those replies.

edit on 2-10-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

us.halfstaff.org...

START: 10/2/2017END: 10/6/2017US Flags at Half-Staff Honoring Victims of the Las Vegas Tragedy Presidential Proclamation Honoring the Victims of the Tragedy in Las Vegas, Nevada HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE TRAGEDY IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - - - - - - - BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION Our Nation is heartbroken. We mourn with all whose loved ones were murdered and injured in last night's horrible tragedy in Las Vegas, Nevada. As we grieve, we pray that God may provide comfort and relief to all those suffering. As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless act of violence perpetrated on October 1, 2017, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, October 6, 2017. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second. DONALD J. TRUMP

(post by odzeandennz removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Because masts are on ships.... Staffs are flagpoles
edit on 2-10-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
They have been lowered to half mast this morning

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Trump will have a half mast ceremony tomorrow to honor those who senselessly lost their lives..

.. then present a trophy from his new golf course dedicated to the survivors, maybe.

Really? You're going to use this tragedy to 'poke' at President Trump.

That's just so low of you - or anyone.

On topic? The flags where I am are all at half mast.

At least someone isn't as insensitive as the person I'm replying to.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Trump will have a half mast ceremony tomorrow to honor those who senselessly lost their lives..

.. then present a trophy from his new golf course dedicated to the survivors, maybe.

How effing stupid.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Its just such a pointless symbolic act really through isn't it?

I mean yeah lets take time to mourn and respect the dead, that is important, the whole national mourning thing, I get it.

But come one lets not ignore the elephant in the room, there is no point in all this talk of grief, of the evil act, support for the victims, national mourning and whatever else all the talking heads want to say when nobody seems to want to actually address the problem.

Flaying the flag at half-mast does nothing, Trump standing up in front of the the national and and stating that he now wants a full national review all gun law including now laws on background checks, restrictions on who can own a gun, what kind of gun they can own and so on then that really is going to be doing something. Tell Washington to get out of bed with the NRA and the gun lobbies, that will achieve something.

Flying your flag at half-mast does sweet F-A in the long run.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just about everything is.

You can keep your anti gun agenda in your own country, thanks for your concern.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Just about everything is.

You can keep your anti gun agenda in your own country, thanks for your concern.

you say that like because this happened in America its just a issue for Americans, as if nobody from the rest of the world should have a opinion on it.

Yesterday for example my first thought after hearing the news was to text my brother and make sure that he wasn't in Vegas this week as he is traveling the states. I actually worry he could be shot because of your stupid gun laws.

Its also because believe it or not but we care, it heartbreaking to watch events like this and see nothing change, I really hoped after Sandy Hook that you lot would wake up. My opposition to American gun laws does not come from any kind of hate, jealousy or anti-American sentiment rather it comes from a position of concern and I am sure that a lot of others outside of the States would agree.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

The elephant in the room?
Can't you just drop the irrelevant gun regulation stuff?

Oh and OP...i saw flags at half mast yesterday.... along with the minutes silence led by the President and his really good address to the nation. It was quite nice to see a Whitehouse reaction that did not try to politicize.

edit on 3/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Why is responsible gun ownership an analogy to anti-gun agenda?

Oh wait, it isn't.

Sometimes I wonder who the terrorists really are.

Everyone that owns a gun should be recorded. Do you disagree? Because only terrorists would with such a request. Every official use of guns(police, army) has such things recorded. You would think you would be proud and push for it to be done the right way and to have them registered, but instead being 'pro-gun' seems to come at the cost of ANY responsibility at all.

Is there no upper limit to how unresponsive we can be as a society with the guns? No? If your neighbor gets shot with a bazooka, so is life?

These pro-gun comments are nuts, most of you cannot even make it to the half way point of 'responsibility vs accessibility' as if everyone saying more rules means no guns. No guns is impossible to start, we have more unregistered guns than the entire country of china has total. It would take DECADES to collect said guns and would never work ultimately. But that kind of talk is distraction, the goal is to document who is shooting what. Is that really so bad? Our society atm doesn't seem to care about tracing guns, as if the people against regulation purposefully push for untraceable weapons. Just think about that word, 'untraceable' and consider the gun argument over, it's not 'good vs bad' it's 'responsibility vs accountability' the rednecks want an honor system for tracing shooting people weapons, and that just isn't going to fly in the near future at all.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Everyone that owns a gun should be recorded. Do you disagree?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Okay. Why? So you can shoot people without your identity being discovered is my first guess.

Do you see how this rabbit hole goes? There is no legitimate reason to own an unregistered gun. This is why legitimate establishments that use guns have mandatory registration.
edit on 3-10-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Okay. Why? So you can shoot people without your identity being discovered is my first guess.

Do you see how this rabbit hole goes? There is no legitimate reason to own an unregistered gun.

Yea, that's it.

I should have my hammer purchase recorded too.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

This is why legitimate establishments that use guns have mandatory registration

What does that mean?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Because a hammer is a tool designed to kill humans. Just like a gun.

Your pathetic analogy is that they are tools right? Incorrect, it's a weapon. Designed to be a weapon, a hammer is designed to hammer nails.

If you're not afraid of using it incorrectly, why should you fear the Government recording it? It literally only aides them in finding your gun at a crime scene. Is this a common problem for you?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join