It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America-273 mass shootings in 275 days of this year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
According to the Gun Violence Archive website, there has been 273 mass shootings in America out of 275 days. For reference mass shootings are where 4 or more people are shot and or killed.

Frighteningly It's becoming a near daily occurrence for our friends across the pond. Last year there were more mass shootings than there were days.

I'm from the UK my self and clearly have a very different view as to most of the new members here at ATS have on owning a firearm, but I would like an honest opinion from the responsible gun owners on this board. Please try not to be biased. I dont want the usual "well a man in a van can also kill people" because yes as true as that is, it doesn't embody you with the same illusion of power that a hand held deadly weapon can give somebody.

With America having the highest density of fire arms per capita in the world, do you Americans think that, thay figure has a relation to you also having the highest death by firearm rate in the developed world?

I would appreciate more than just a no to try and rack up your stars, I'm asking because I truly believe there is absolutely no logic behind wanting a gun when faced with such an epidemic that you have found your self in now America.

If you can't, as a country address the institutional racism, the deep political divide, hate for homosexuals and dangerous religious beliefs - then why not try and remove the item that makes it's so much easier to kill a person, the gun.

?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackSkinhead

Do you have a link for that statistic?
That doesn't seem right to me.
Chicago is a war zone every day but 273 in 275 days sounds fishy.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's our right to own guns here, written in the constitution. A gun is a tool that you can use for good or evil. unfortunately an infinitely small minority of legal gun owners use their tools to kill other people.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

😩

Ok it goes like this:

No we will not ever give up our guns because then we are defenseless against criminals who will get guns illegally and the government which would NEVER consider going unarmed.

Simple.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

www.gunviolencearchive.org

Whether or not they're all in Chicago, the question still stands. Do you think there is any relation to what I asked.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Do you have a link for that statistic?
That doesn't seem right to me.
Chicago is a war zone every day but 273 in 275 days sounds fishy.

Link

From the OP's title:

mass shootings

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Because only the law abiding people will follow the laws.
The bad guys will always find what they need to do bad things.
To take away the law abiding citizens right to defend themselves against the bad guy with a gun will only ensure the bad guy wins.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
It's our right to own guns here, written in the constitution. A gun is a tool that you can use for good or evil. unfortunately an infinitely small minority of legal gun owners use their tools to kill other people.

That was written when single fire rifles were the norm mate not fully automatic 1000 round weapons.

And that wasn't my question. I don't want a 20 page thread about your rights because I'm very aware of them. I just want an answer to that question , please

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Again,

With America having the highest density of fire arms per capita in the world, do you Americans think that, thay figure has a relation to you also having the highest death by firearm rate in the developed world? 

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Because only the law abiding people will follow the laws.
The bad guys will always find what they need to do bad things.
To take away the law abiding citizens right to defend themselves against the bad guy with a gun will only ensure the bad guy wins.

That's such a generic comment it's becoming annoying. Look at other countries that have strict gun laws - they DO NOT have mass shootings. See the pattern here ?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I think there are minority cultures here mostly residing in the inner city that have zero respect for life.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I think there are minority cultures here mostly residing in the inner city that have zero respect for life.

And that has what to do with my question?

Let me guess, you're white.

Yawn

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You asked if I thought it was because of the amount of guns, I gave you an answer about culture. Over 90% of murders happen in the inner city. Some people aren't raised the right way.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So because a very small percentage of gun owners can't handle responsibility, the rest of the gun owners should give up our rights and property?

Are ALL Muslims to blame for each act perpetrated by ISIS?

Serious question.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You asked if I thought it was because of the amount of guns, I gave you an answer about culture. Over 90% of murders happen in the inner city. Some people aren't raised the right way.

Yes I asked you is it due to the amount of guns you have and you didn't answer it. Yes or no.

I don't want this thread turning into the same generic answers.

I'm asking a simple question that requires a simple answer.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
So because a very small percentage of gun owners can't handle responsibility, the rest of the gun owners should give up our rights and property?

Serious question.

America banned kindereggs.

Let that sink in mate ye.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Let me spell it out for you. No I don't believe that it is about guns, I believe it's about violent,barbaric subcultures.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

Serious question.

America banned kindereggs.

Let that sink in mate ye.

Nice deflection. Doesn't answer my question.

To answer your question, yes, the amount of firearms per capita in the US is reflected in the death rate by firearm being higher.

Now, how one goes about solving that... does not have a clearcut answer.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Let me spell it out for you. No I don't believe that it is about guns, I believe it's about violent,barbaric subcultures.

So take away the guns and you'd still have the same amount of mass killings but with other things like cars, knives etc?

Can you agree that the very subcultures you are talking about find power behind the weapons I'm addressing?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well I am also from the UK and a expat for long periods abroad where I can legally own a gun...

And as a family we do.

Already the media bandwagon is starting up for the up coming gun control grab, when politicians stand on the bodies of the dead for their agenda and with the track record of said government I would not be giving anything up that I legally purchased and that is in the constitution.

You have a right to own a gun and history will show you when rights are taken it is a slow process but the end result is less personal security.

I predict the next couple of weeks will be highly charged with absurd wants from certain members of the Government, I am sure many think "this is our chance"..

RA

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join