It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Experts - Could the Vegas shooter have fired that many rounds in the time he was active?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The BBC is (right now) saying the guns are up to 42 with no clues to his motivations. I think this is why some people are clutching at the improbable (multiple shooters, false flags, gun law sabotage etc) in their attempts to make some sense of it.

Here we have a rich retired accountant who has done well gambling and is living his dream. His brother is shocked he even has one gun, much less 42, so this whole gun thing is a very recent occurrence. The planning of this must have been weeks if not months and makes no sense that a guy planned his death and the death of as many as he can get.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The BBC is (right now) saying the guns are up to 42 with no clues to his motivations. I think this is why some people are clutching at the improbable (multiple shooters, false flags, gun law sabotage etc) in their attempts to make some sense of it.

Here we have a rich retired accountant who has done well gambling and is living his dream. His brother is shocked he even has one gun, much less 42, so this whole gun thing is a very recent occurrence. The planning of this must have been weeks if not months and makes no sense that a guy planned his death and the death of as many as he can get.

Bull. Multiple sources say he was a loner. So no one, including his brother knew what he was up to. If you are planning something like this, you do not tell your brother about all the weapons you are buying.

And since when is losing vast amounts of money gambling 'living your dream'? He was probably suicidal after losing all he saved and decided to take people down with him.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It would,'t have taken any real skill or coordination to pull this off, just desire and opportunity. Smuggling that many guns into vegas hotels would not have been a problem. it's vegas. People bring all sorts of # with them to hotels. Assembling, then loading the weapons and setting up a platform to pull this off would not have been impossible or even difficult for a 64 to pull of. This was no great feat of skill or marksmanship to pull this off by himself.

it's hard to say for sure exactly what went on from start to finish, as I havent seen a full, unbroken video of the incident. From the ones I have seen, it sounded like their were a couple of pauses, either reloading, or switching to a different weapon. But so far, I haven't seen anything for certain suggesting a second shooter. But the details are still coming out.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Agreed, it is very plausible, that is why there were multiple rifles, barrels overheat.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You can modify most "Assault style" rifles AR types to fully automatic. It's illegal but possible and you can get big drums to hold that many rounds. The problem is overheating as those rifles were't intended to be fully automatic. That's why he had so many rifles so that he could change tools as his previous ones cooled down.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's functional insanity imo. We assume people *snap* in a moment when the reality is more commonly a series of incidents and thoughts over a period of time.

The planning of this must have been weeks if not months and makes no sense that a guy planned his death and the death of as many as he can get.

I don't disagree with the 'makes no sense' part of your post. It made sense to him because his mind was broken and doesn't make any to us. Many, and maybe most, mass-shooters opt to go out in a hail of bullets or by their own hand; hardly any provide closure or explanations for those they killed.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Some men, just want to watch the world burn.....

There isn't a logical explanation some times and how ever illogical this may seem to us, how ever incapable we are at accepting it. It happened, an individual planned to harm people for the sake of causing them pain and anguish.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Revolution9

Short answer: no, there was no need for multiple shooters. No reason to doubt the Official Story.

It's MSM, reason enough to question given their track record.
Short answer yes, there are some videos where you can plainly hear multiple weapons being fired simultaneously (no, it isn't echoes)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Revolution9

Short answer: no, there was no need for multiple shooters. No reason to doubt the Official Story.

It's MSM, reason enough to question given their track record.
Short answer yes, there are some videos where you can plainly hear multiple weapons being fired simultaneously (no, it isn't echoes)

And the overbarfing question that has me stumped too..
This guy made a lot of money by being practical. In disregard of
anything else, and the amount of [estimated] AK platforms in the room...
why were 20 bump stocks found in the room?
I never heard of one having a jam except with cheap ammo--and
it sure is a popular talking point lately mit der grabbers.
Them evil black gas springs, we gotta ban them too.

PS EDIT: No I don't think the guy wasted a wad of cash on something
he'd never use/object of the next ban drive. And I sure won't waste
real estate on a separate thread outlining the obvious.
edit on 4-10-2017 by derfreebie because: "It's not dead, it just smells funny." Zappa

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
He must have tested the bump stocks systems before the went to the hotel.
I understand when the cops tried to clear the weapons about half had jammed from heat of the ammo run through them.

The only way he would have known that he needed more ten one weapon with the bump stock system was from testing the weapons and having then malfunction.

I also heard on the news that he had fired at jet fuel tanks trying to set them on fire across the road from the 91 country music festival.
Problem was they were not aviation gasoline tanks but JP tanks and JP is like diesel and very hard to lite with gun fire

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The bump stocks systems were approved by the anti gun Obama administration ATF.

Were they hoping that a nut case used this system in a mass shooting so that they could do a major gun grab????????.
edit on 5-10-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
HE shot for 11 minutes and it took another 61 to get him. So maybe he was programmed to do it with a helper that walked out???????

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well said. I'm a Christian and a gun owner. And have been known to fertilize my lawn and tighten some screws.

And 35,000 deaths from motor vehicle accidents in 2015. Not to mention the 817 deaths from bicycle accidents the same year.

I think I have the solution. Ban cars, motorcycles, bicycles, skateboards. Force everyone to walk and we also solve the obesity crisis.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9is it possible yes probable no. yes m4 or ak47 rifle if set to fire full auto can fire hundreds of round a minute in theory but more than likely the gun would quickly overhead and fail what is more likely several guys were invoked and split when swat was inbound to another room and were evacuated when swat evacuated floor

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

But a static shock sure as hell will ignite that crap

At least Jp8

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't know but Trump just # the bed on bump stocks. I just received my AK-47 slide-fire stock yesterday😂

Literally less than 24 hours before his statement.

Grandfathered or not I'm keeping it.

I'm a veteran but if the # really hits the fan stateside or with Russia & or North Korea I don't trust Trump or FEMA to protect my family.

If things get hot with a note another nuclear state. I'll take all i can use to get my family out of the city & to my fathers bomb shelter.

So many people had bump stocks in this guy #ed it up for everybody

Then again if they didn't pull these things eventually some Isis recruit would go shoot up a mall with one

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimos

I am truly sorry for you. Clearly, the VA has failed.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join