It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Experts - Could the Vegas shooter have fired that many rounds in the time he was active?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We can conjecture all day about the abilities of a single shooter or multiple shooters, but do we even know what kind of weapons were involved?

Some folks are saying it's automatic fire, belt-fed, blah, blah. Some folks say there were bump-fire stocks or MEC triggers involved to simulate full auto fire. I've got an old timey gatlin-type crank trigger add-on that can fire at least 3-6 rounds per SECOND.

My bottom-line here is that unless and until we have reliable information on what types of weapons were actually used - and what (if any) kinds of modifications those weapons had - the OPs question cannot be reliably answered.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Entirely possible for a single shooter. No mystery really.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Certainly no bump-fire stock. Ill probably eat my words later, due to sound distortion (almost mountain like) , but it were full auto firearms. Sounded too steady.

Update:
Here's me chomping away at me words. This post says otherwise

a reply to: ganjoa

edit on 2-10-2017 by 2Faced because: Update

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
Certainly no bump-fire stock. Ill probably eat my words later, due to sound distortion (almost mountain like) , but it were full auto firearms. Sounded too steady. a reply to: ganjoa

Glad you mentioned the sound distortion, let's not forget the echo factor and shooting in different directions from different windows (which could sound like suppressed fire depending on recording location).

Actually, I hope you are correct about the full auto - that's going to take a lot of gas out of the anti-gun arguments.
Check out HuffPost - there's half a dozen topics on the front page about banning guns one way or the other.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Revolution9

He fired multiple rounds into a crowd from a great elevation. It doesn't require a marksman to do that.

250 hit out of 22,000 is not good marksmanship, thank god...

30 round mags, 4 mags a min, 6 min = 750 rounds easy

edit on 2-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Short answer: no, there was no need for multiple shooters. No reason to doubt the Official Story.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111
learn to read

If all you wanna do is sit on your couch and wait for the news to tell you a story be my guest.

I´m not 100% convinced, but I like how you already made up your mind about what I think. Instead of wildly searching for a conspiracy, I´m watching it develop and wait until the picture is more clear.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: Oaktree
I heard at least three weapons in one video clip.
All were ar15/m16 style.
One sounded suppressed.

A 5.56mm round travels over 3000 f/s.
Yes, one person w/ several weapons and plenty of ammo could do this kind of damage.

Only a sick, twisted person would, though.

So you say likely a team too eh?

Did you even read his post?

Take a deep breath and re-read it. You will clearly see that he stated quite plainly that one person was very capable of doing this.

Why do you have such a hard time grasping the fact that the vast majority of injuries were a result of the chaos that ensued? Its not only logical, but fairly obvious that that's what occurred.

Obviously i read it.

Why so hostile?

Just trying to assess what we're being TOLD happened out there.

Yes i can believe people ran and got hurt. Makes sense that way.

Is that what we're being told happened is my question.

Because you were clearly being hostile with others here on the thread. Sorry I sank to your level.

And if you read it, you would have very clearly saw that the poster mentioned it was possible for one shooter. I suspect you simply read the first paragraph and jumped the gun.

I guess some people see a conspiracy in everything.
edit on 2-10-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Average ak rifle fires 450rpm automatic... he was active what almost an hour? Considering reloads and the likliness he was no pro/speed shooter... yep, were lucky he didnt get off more.
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago070810pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

A screen shot from the shooting you can see the Mandalay Bay hotel in the upper left, it would not take a sharp shooter to cause lots of harm.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Did i argue this ? I believe i stated we are luck he didnt hurt more people....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I agree with you.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Guns!

I have never held one. I never will hold one. I would rather die than hurt another human being, but then I follow Christ and He teaches to turn the other cheek, which is what I do.

I feel for you guys having to live with threats like this. It's a thing you do not sense creeping up, a slow exposure. Living on fight or flight is not freedom.

Damn guns to hell. Look how many lives they have taken in a decade? Is this a good thing? Is it WORTH IT?

People are afraid of terror??? Be afraid of the gun because it kills many many more times more people than terror in the U.S. However, it is really a terrorism of its own.

Not for me to go telling other nations how to live. Carry on if you think it's fine.

Even Jesus said:

Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weakling say, "I am strong!"
Joel 3:10

You really think Jesus would want you to sit back and 'turn the other cheek' if you, or your family were being raped or beaten or burned or on and on? NO!!!

And, if you've never 'shot' a 'gun' - you're ignorant of the importance of how significant a 'tool' a gun is.

The United States was born in victory and perseverance because they had guns at their sides to protect their families, feed their families, protect their families.

There is no way I would ever believe, if you educated yourself on the practicalities of a gun/tool (just like a car and stove) that you would not use one to protect your family from a threat ready and able and willing to kill and/or assault you or your family.

As a Christian we are instructed, as men (I"m a chick but just saying) you will give you LIFE for your wife, children, family, etc.

Added note? I've taught many a women and men how to use a firearm. Not ONE in 20 years walked away saying 'I hate this thing'.

peace
edit on 2921Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sorry, its just getting frustrating. It is entirely possible this took place as we have all heard so far. One man a variety of guns to choose from, altitude, open site picture, lots of ammo and obviously planned.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree
I heard at least three weapons in one video clip.
All were ar15/m16 style.
One sounded suppressed.

A 5.56mm round travels over 3000 f/s.
Yes, one person w/ several weapons and plenty of ammo could do this kind of damage.

Only a sick, twisted person would, though.

So you say likely a team too eh?

Did you even read his post?

Take a deep breath and re-read it. You will clearly see that he stated quite plainly that one person was very capable of doing this.

Why do you have such a hard time grasping the fact that the vast majority of injuries were a result of the chaos that ensued? Its not only logical, but fairly obvious that that's what occurred.

Obviously i read it.

Why so hostile?

Just trying to assess what we're being TOLD happened out there.

Yes i can believe people ran and got hurt. Makes sense that way.

Is that what we're being told happened is my question.

Because you were clearly being hostile with others here on the thread. Sorry I sank to your level.

And if you read it, you would have very clearly saw that the poster mentioned it was possible for one shooter. I suspect you simply read the first paragraph and jumped the gun.

I guess some people see a conspiracy in everything.

Im not being hostile. Asking simple questions is all.

Helps me decide whether or not the story is legit. You clearly have your motives and reasons to not doubt a single element of the tale and thats up to you.

For me, the whole thing looks suspect.

Im not looking for any approval on this opinion.

Plausible this was some kind of operation staged for political gain and/or to foment more Right/Left violence and not necessarily some lone kook off his meds.

Sue me.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

72 minutes with a possible full auto rifle-that to me sounded like a AK with a bump stock or crank. Yep it is for sure possible. And it would not take a superman, this guy could have pulled it off.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I guess he got pissed because there was a noisy party downstairs,

Not impossible. I know some peoples who are driven crazy by country music.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Kandinsky

He fired multiple rounds into a crowd from a great elevation. It doesn't require a marksman to do that.

250 hit out of 22,000 is not good marksmanship, thank god...

30 round mags, 4 mags a min, 6 min = 750 rounds easy

Aye thank God. It's a shocking atrocity and yet it could have been much worse.

The BBC is (right now) saying the guns are up to 42 with no clues to his motivations. I think this is why some people are clutching at the improbable (multiple shooters, false flags, gun law sabotage etc) in their attempts to make some sense of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I did a lot of audio analysis on this topic in another thread. Comparing audio profiles side by side it's really starting to look like it was 5.56 with gatling trigger mod. The fire rate is inconsistent like the gat trigger. AK47 has too much recoil to fire fast enough especially with bump fire or slide mods. The lack of hangups/incorrect rhythm or weapon jams most likely throws bump-fire and slide mods out of the question unless he was extremely experienced. Less recoil with 5.56, more accurate, higher rate of fire and easier on the shoulder/hands. AR-15 can use 100 round drum mag too so gatling trigger mod is looking very likely.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

A man who is unwilling to protect their family from harm due to pacifist beliefs is nothing more than a coward.

edit on 3-10-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join