It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Experts - Could the Vegas shooter have fired that many rounds in the time he was active?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So what are we going to do now? Stop having large public gatherings in the vicinity of high-rise buildings?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The number of injured are not just people shot but those injured during the panic.
Likely most are from falling and/or being trampled.

I know two vagus cops and they have feared this for years along with a mass bombing at a event.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Revolution9

He fired multiple rounds into a crowd from a great elevation. It doesn't require a marksman to do that.

That and he had multiple firearms, probably at least two autos, you can hear the rounds going out for almost a full minute unabated, and hearing the snap of impact, thats why I cant listen to the videos......because one of those impacts was a friend of mine, and many many others were fatal........its tragic

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask
I am looking for words to put in perspective the skill it would take to pull this off as a marksman. I would compare it to someone who has never played golf to walk on the course and par it.

I couldn't disagree more...Any person who has practiced shooting with a semi auto platform could easily pull this off. It's not like he was aiming and taking accurate shots....One shot one kill style...He was aiming and shooting into a mass as fast as he could...No individual was targeted as more the mass of people was targeted...

I'll match would analogy with another....Even a person who has never shot a gun will hit the back stop at the range...It's a HUGE target just the 20,000 people was a HUGE target.....Hell even with no long range experience a 12 year old could have walked the shots to their target.....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask
I am looking for words to put in perspective the skill it would take to pull this off as a marksman. I would compare it to someone who has never played golf to walk on the course and par it.

You're assuming every shot was aimed at a specific target when it was actually someone spraying bullets into a crowd.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I was not satisfied because even the MSM were questioning it:

www.theguardian.com...

‘It’s faster than any human is able to pull a trigger on a semi-automatic’

They say now he might have had SPECIAL EQUIPMENT. The article I linked to explains.

edit on 2-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A bump stock is hardly special equipment and even furthers what most are saying, he was just spraying. The guy is far far away from anthing professional or special forces skills.

To be clear: A bump stock is garbage.
edit on 2-10-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Please can somebody who knows about weaponry reassure me that it was possible for the Vegas shooter to have discharged so many rounds in the time he was active; enough to kill over fifty, injure over two hundred and obviously accounting for misses, too.

How long was he active? What was his weapon? It seems a hellish lot of shooting for one guy. Could his ears take that (may be he had mufflers)?

Well strange scenario. I must be a bit crazy, but I think some of these are weird operations where they have a fall guy who doesn't do most of it, but carries the can, like they have been primed to do it. I think that about LHO.

That woman who got ejected by the security tried to tell people, but they thought she was crazy. Was that his woman Marilou?

There are a heap of questions to be answered. I'm still shocked and I am thousands of miles away. Sorry for telling you off earlier. It is because I care. I hate seeing America imploding like this.

The answer to many of these questions can be answered in any news story. Sorry, not doing your homework for You

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You do not have to shoot people as a prerequisite to own or hold a gun, and you can still follow Christ and own a gun.

Seems like the news has exposed autos, knives, fertilizer, and screwdrivers being lethal as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

How do we have 500+ casualties from 200 rounds?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

58 casualties if my numbers are up to date.

Rounds have a tendency to go through people, bounce off things and of course people could have been trampled.

edit on 2-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

For the same reason hunters check what's behind the target before firing?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Fullmetal jacketed bullets. they can keep going after hitting a person. A t least hollow points will stop.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
From the panic that ensued people got trampled down or worse. Google "love parade duisburg 2010" 500+ injured, 24 trampled to death.

No guns involed but panic (in duisburg)
edit on 2-10-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
From the panic that ensued people got trampled down or worse. Google "love parade duisburg 2010" 500+ injured, 24 trampled to death.

No guns involed but panic (in duisburg)

Yeah of course but is this confirmed? Someone above is claiming that each round hit 2.5 concert goers.

All im saying is that its fishy and possibly the result of multiple shooters and we're being told it was yet another Lone Wolf who of course killed himself.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

58 casualties if my numbers are up to date.

Rounds have a tendency to go through people, bounce off things and of course people could have been trampled.

Casualties include injured as well as killed.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

What would that confirmation be worth? Answer: nothing because it´s also seen as confirmed that it was a single shooter. Yet you don´t believe that.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

You do not have to shoot people as a prerequisite to own or hold a gun, and you can still follow Christ and own a gun.

Seems like the news has exposed autos, knives, fertilizer, and screwdrivers being lethal as well.

True, Peter carried a sword(likely a gladius or similar short sword.) Even after he cut off a dudes ear, Jesus didnt reprimand Pete for having it.
edit on 1022017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Ive heard from CNN(lulz) saying people busted open windows and Airport fence trying to get away to cover. I can imagine alot of injuries from a panicked herd

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

What would that confirmation be worth? Answer: nothing because it´s also seen as confirmed that it was a single shooter. Yet you don´t believe that.

Im just trying to establish what The Official Story is here boss...

If this guy hit 2 targets with EVERY shot fired and then some or 60ish shot and 450 injured in the panicking crowd.

Do we have any claim either way?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join