It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEO agrees with TRUMP on Puerto Rico competency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
[quote/] The head of an international engineering firm in Puerto Rico said in an editorial Saturday that when the time came to send 50 of his engineers to help in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, he bypassed local officials and went straight to FEMA.

The reason, said Jorge Rodriguez, the CEO of PACIV, in an editorial in the New York Post, is that “for the last 30 years, the Puerto Rican government has been completely inept at handling regular societal needs, so I just don’t see it functioning in a crisis like this one.”

“Even before the hurricane hit, water and power systems were already broken. And our $118 billion debt crisis is a result of government corruption and mismanagement.”

Puerto Ricans elected a new governor last November but, Rodriguez charged, he was inexperienced and had never been responsible for a budget.

Gov. Ricardo Rossello cannot exactly count on those around him either, Rodriguez asserted.

“His entire administration is totally inexperienced and they have no clue how to handle a crisis of this magnitude,” said Rodriguez, who has a graduate business degree from Harvard Business School and was named a “Most Distinguished Graduate” by the University of Puerto Rico.

Even before the hurricane hit, water and power systems were already broken. And our $118 billion debt crisis is a result of government corruption and mismanagement.

- Jorge Rodriguez, CEO of PACIV, Puerto Rico-based engineering firm [quote/]

Source

www.foxnews.com...

------

So it would appear that within Puerto Rico there is mistrust, corruption and COMPETENCY issues between the local government system and the People of Puerto Rico, due to lack of e
xperience in many of its officials and corruption in the state sectors grants and aid programs.

It goes to illustrate when members of the governing body of PR such as the Mayor of San Juan say one thing and point a finger, only to readily be called out by The People of Puerto Rico themselves as incompetent. By their own Engineers no less!
I think this is a fine show of the falsities the MSM portrays when they attempt to shift all focus of blame to the current POTUS..
Further exaggerating these claims against Trump has been a row apparently of under researched articles that we know some will call Fake News.

I'm interested in what both the Left learners and the Right Learners feel about what it says when they run to the federal government instead of say, their own local Establishments such as the mayors and others that have been called out as incompetent.

What do you think?
Any rebuttals welcome

edit on 2-10-2017 by Catscratch because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2017 by Catscratch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Catscratch

Trump knows what is going on on the ground in Puerto Rico and it isn't a smooth recovery effort, it's mayhem.

All the usual weaponized monopolized media is spouting the usual uninformed garbage to the uninformed citizen.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The governor seems to be happy that Trump is sending help. The problem is with that Mayor that is blabbing her mouth and trying to force us to send a blank check. She wants everything now, that is not going to happen, they do not call something a disaster if it can be fixed in a couple of days. She is disconnected from Reality.

The disaster relief has been going better this summer than I ever have seen it, people are working hard to help others and even FEMA is doing better than before. I can't say that trump had anything to do with this though, I just think we are better prepared. Sounds like Puerto Rico was laxing on preparing for more unstable weather events, evidently they have not been paying attention to what is being said about this subject by the feds.

I think that city needs to elect a new Mayor

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The mayor of San Juan is at the center of numerous claims that say she's preventing aid from being distributed in order to make Trump look bad.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think there is a time and a place for these sorts of enquiries, but that time and place is not when people are starving and desperate and drinking contaminated groundwater.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And Trump's General on-scene knows less than this CEO? Strange that his assessment is more akin to that of the Mayor than Trump and his CEO.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

She must be so angry that the Las Vegas situation has taken the limelight from her anti-Trump virtue signalling.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I think there is a time and a place for these sorts of enquiries, but that time and place is not when people are starving and desperate and drinking contaminated groundwater.

That type of thinking didn't turn out well for Haiti.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Catscratch

someone's looking for some new government contract...
i think i know what firm the government is going to be calling for their rebuilding 'efforts'.

welcome to politics folks.
buy and sell. its a market.

new topics

top topics

join