It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN says Vegas music fans were likely Trump supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Skip to 1:20:

"Something else I think to keep in mind, alot of these country music supporters were likely Trump supporters"

What does this mean? Why did he say it? Is this guy just an idiot, or is CNN trying to equate Trump supporters with gun violence, ie "people who listen to country music support Trump and guns and are therefore more likely to be victims of gun violence"?
This really seems like an absolutely low blow by CNN to try to make Trump look bad at the expense of the hundreds who were either wounded or killed last night.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

How does this make Trump look bad? If anything it gives Trump supporters 'victim-hood'. The radical 'Left' picking on Trump and his supporters. The guy's an asshat. But things like this bring out the very worst people.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Everybody likes music. Let's keep this real and apolitical.
This is tragic enough without that stuff.
Isn't it?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I wish I could give you half my stars for that post.

But I'm sure the OP will not be the last trying to connect President Trump with the nutball who shot all those people.

peace

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

CNN's MO is to push the Leftist agenda as far as they possibly can.
It isn't the first time they have bashed Trump supporters...in fact, they do it almost every day.
To me, for them to say something like that, they must be assuming this killer had a problem with Trump and his supporters.
I don't think they would have any other reason to say it and quite frankly, they are sick assholes for saying it.
The killer's motive is not known yet but CNN has it already figured out in their deranged minds.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

How does this make Trump look bad? If anything it gives Trump supporters 'victim-hood'. The radical 'Left' picking on Trump and his supporters. The guy's an asshat. But things like this bring out the very worst people.

It's an effective psychological trick. I don't know the word for it, but the idea is that you associate some horrible thing with something else that you don't want people to support, and it will seed subconscious negative feelings towards that thing. For example, Facebook might show a news story about tons of people dying of drug overdoses and then immediately afterwards have some story about Trump's drug policy. While they might be completely unrelated, some people will feel bad when they read the drug story and carry that mood over to the Trump story, and then retain those feelings in the future whenever they hear about Trump. This seems like CNN is basically saying "OMG, this horrible shooting happened! The people that were there were Trump supporters!" And now there are undoubtedly people in the country who feel the same revulsion toward Trump that they do toward the shooting itself. Who is going to see the news about the shooting and then immediately jump to positive thoughts? You won't see "Oh look, 50+ people dead and hundreds wounded, but Trump has really been doing a good job with such-and-such issue lately!".
edit on 10/2/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
But I'm sure the OP will not be the last trying to connect President Trump with the nutball who shot all those people.

peace

How is the Original Poster connecting them to Trump? The person on CNN is doing that and he even said that person was an idiot.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There it is... I was waiting for the media turned this to a political mess. I dont have the link so you'll have to google it. But a lawyer for cbs said she feels no remorse for those at the concert because most country fans are gun touting people.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Everybody likes music. Let's keep this real and apolitical.
This is tragic enough without that stuff.
Isn't it?

The OP didn't say it.
He is just reporting that the Leftist shill from CNN said it.
To me, the dumbasses comment has no place in the discussion about this tragedy but it doesn't surprise me he said it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Sillyolme

What? I never insinuated anything of the like. There's no reason to think there is any connection whatsoever.

link   
Shooter was a member of the NRA so....

link   
It was kind of a dumb thing to say, but seriously. Most people that like country music are conservative/Republican and I would say DID vote for Trump. Yes no?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Skip to 1:20:

"Something else I think to keep in mind, alot of these country music supporters were likely Trump supporters"

What does this mean? Why did he say it? Is this guy just an idiot, or is CNN trying to equate Trump supporters with gun violence, ie "people who listen to country music support Trump and guns and are therefore more likely to be victims of gun violence"?
This really seems like an absolutely low blow by CNN to try to make Trump look bad at the expense of the hundreds who were either wounded or killed last night.

Ummm...No...what he's saying...is that the nutbag that killed all of those people...Was a Hillary Supporter...

A full blown #Resistance...resisting...

Just like that nutbag teacher that was applauding the killing...a member of the #Resistance...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

He actually said he thought that Trump "hit a pitch perfect tone" in his response, right before he said that. I listened twice and I didn't pick up anything that was negative of Trump or Trump supporters. I think he was trying to make a point about Trump possibly having an even stronger connection to this group of victims than he might with another.

Could have gone without being said but nothing derogatory from what I heard.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It was kind of a dumb thing to say, but seriously. Most people that like country music are conservative/Republican and I would say DID vote for Trump. Yes no?

Also...

LOOK at the crowd. Scantily clad PARTY people. It's Vegas. I'd see a JEFF DUNHAM concert if loaded enough.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

What? Most people like alot of different genres of music.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We already have people all over saying that this is the "karmic response" to Puerto Rico, People like this cbs exec who doesn't care, as long as it was republicans that were gunned down... dailycaller.com... etc....

It's really pretty sick. So much for the political side of love and tolerance, huh?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He actually said he thought that Trump "hit a pitch perfect tone" in his response, right before he said that. I listened twice and I didn't pick up anything that was negative of Trump or Trump supporters. I think he was trying to make a point about Trump possibly having an even stronger connection to this group of victims than he might with another.

Could have gone without being said but nothing derogatory from what I heard.

I think the point is , that he said it all.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
He said a lot of them were likely, I can't see anything wrong with that in the context of Trump going there. He did not say most of them. Just because people like country and western music doesn't mean they are Republicans. In fact, most people I know around here who are country and western fans are probably democrats. Conservative and liberal is not really an issue, Trump is more liberal than conservative by nature, but he does respect conservative opinions unless they buck heads with him.

Why the hell did that reporter even bring that up about Trump. It is not even related to what happened.
edit on 2-10-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

What? Most people like alot of different genres of music.

A 2004 Gallup survey found nearly 60 percent of country fans identify more strongly with Republicans, compared with 11 percent who identify as liberal and around 30 percent who say they’re political moderates. While many rock and classical music fans say they’re conservatives but not nearly as big a portion as in country

.I think it's relative to this discussion because I keep thinking this shooter thought he was doing something Against trump or trump supporters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join