It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Good Example for an Assault Rifle Ban???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The UK successfully banned almost all guns following the Dunblane mass shooting.

Just saying. It can be done if a Nation has the will to do it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

A car doesn't kill 50 people...

Nice attack: truck driver named as France mourns 84 killed in Bastille Day atrocity – as it happened. Source

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well, it boils down to, "Leave our F'n guns alone no matter what." I'm cool with that. Just admit it. And while you're at it admit that the casualties don't matter as long as your "right" isn't violated.

Sure, I admit that is my view on the topic - spot on on both points.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Have they said what was used yet?

Last I heard was a generic 8-10 rifles and a couple bi-pods.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Obviously for someone to do something like this, they have a mental illness.
Why not try to expand the mental health industry to make it easier to get help?
Firearms are only a tool that people use.....it's the same old tired cliche, "guns don't kill people, people kill people using guns as a tool"

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Listen to the rate of fire in this trigger mod video and then listen to the raw video of the shooting...

I think he used some sort of trigger mod like this...The rate of fire in the vegas shooting is sporadic like one of these triggers...The issues is these triggers tend to load up on themselves and cause the rifle to jam which may explain long pauses between firing...If he uses a drum mag he probably wouldn't have been able to make it through an entire mag without jamming...That and the fire rate changes tempo during the shooting leads me to believe he altered some sort of semi auto...

just my .02

edit on 2-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

A car doesn't kill 50 people and wounding 500..

What about that time when 86 people were killed and nearly 500 injured when a truck was driven into a crowd?

But no, this is not the first time an assault rifle (if that's what was indeed used here) was linked to a mass shooting.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If he used assault rifle, he already got them illegally. There are a lot of semi-automatic hunting rifles (it's not always illegal to hunt with them).

edit on 2-10-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Cool.

Respect. For honesty.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

If he used assault rifle, he already got them illegally. There are a lot of semi-automatic hunting rifles (it's not always illegal to hunt with them).

Semi autos are illegal?? I have never heard of this...Matter of fact automatic rifles are LEGAL...

Just really hard to get and super expensive!!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Ironically, Sam Elliott is pro-choice...

Link

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

WOW!!
That alone should put an end to the Leftist's gun control agenda for all time.
But sadly, they don't see their hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Semi autos are illegal?? I have never heard of this...Matter of fact automatic rifles are LEGAL...

That's not what I said at all.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Drugs are illegal, that doesn't stop people from doing them. If anything banning guns will make them more desirable and will make those who get them criminals, even though all they did was buy a gun.

This happens every time a mass shooting happens, people crying for guns to be made illegal. Banning guns is not a solution, if anything it is a very temporary bandaid that will eventually fall off anyways.
edit on 10/2/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Ironically, Sam Elliott is pro-choice...

Link

Who cares who is in the picture?
The statement would still be on point if it was a picture of any random asshole.

link   

Lets just ban humanity, since people just can't seem to stop finding ways to kill each other.

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

That's not what I said at all.

Sorry if I misunderstood a lot to keep up with.....why would he have gotten the gun illegally?

edit on 2-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The UK successfully banned almost all guns following the Dunblane mass shooting.

Just saying. It can be done if a Nation has the will to do it.

But that's the UK, not the US. Totally different attitudes and cultures with regards to firearms. Any kind of firearm ban in the US would cause far more problems than it would solve, especially with how divided this country is right now.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

From the sounds of it, the weapon that was used is already illegal but the fact is, as much as we strive to limit the carnage any single maniac can do, people who are really bent on mass murder will always find a way.

There's a balance between preserving our freedom and mitigating risks and at some point we have to accept that there's a degree of risk that will always be with us. We could live in the most totalitarian, oppressive society imaginable. Where we have no privacy, where we are constantly under the thumb of the state — and a person who wanted to kill a bunch of other people and was willing to give up his own life or freedom in the process could simply run his car up on the sidewalk, through a crowd of protesters, etc.

We have to be realists, we have to maintain perspective and we have to have courage. We can't afford to keep overreacting in moments of fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join