It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Good Example for an Assault Rifle Ban???

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

There isn’t even remotely the will to do it..in fact it would cause a greater conflict to ban and confiscate them. And we have 200 gajillion guns in circulation.

I consider that unrealistic lol..

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

I don’t know what you mean, but it’s a hard case to call politcally...

A 67 year old rich white guy with a hunting license and arsenal screams “right wing militia”, but the country music location hints left wing..

We will find out I’m sure, sooner or later....

None of that really screams right wing militia. I think you need to lay off the propaganda.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Full Auto weapons are already illegal.

No there not...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

BWAHAHAHA

the only other 67+ old rich white terrorist was right wing..

67+ Rich old white men with hunting licenses are not normally liberals..

I think the most likely is that he is trying to make the history books and is not political.
edit on 3-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I'm not saying he's one or the other but the whole "screams right wing militia" thing is played out. Everyone should have known they'd been had on these militias when a black man got elected President, twice, and nothing happened.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I admit it. Leave my "F'n" guns alone, no matter what. The casualties are tragic, but freedom comes with a price. A price all #2A people are quite aware of, as it is the reason we generally carry firearms (protection from those depriving us of our right to safety/protection/life).

I am also aware that it may one day be myself or my family that has to pay the extremely high price. Sadly, that is the cost of rights and freedoms.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The sad part is if it wasn't for some of the over the top anti-gun extremists who want to implement ridiculous restrictions or outright bans, most gun owners are open to tightening up some areas. Many are just afraid of the whole give an inch, take a mile problem. It's never enough for some of the anti-gunners, no matter how much you compromise.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: sapien82

There isn’t even remotely the will to do it..in fact it would cause a greater conflict to ban and confiscate them. And we have 200 gajillion guns in circulation.

I consider that unrealistic lol..

Highly unrealistic, at that!

1) If only 3% (III%
) of the firearm owning population refused, the controllers would lose the fight. Not to mention the number of law abiding citizens you'd be turning into criminals overnight. Somehow, hypothetically, I don't think those freshly minted felons would be too cooperative with such unconstitutional activity - especially in light of the number of Americans that have woken up to reality. The civil war casualties that would likely ensue after such a blatantly illegal and wholly unconstitutional act would number several orders of magnitude (possibly millions) greater than every mass shooting combined: past - present - and even future.

2) It is also helpful to note that the controllers would require a law enforcement/military body to confiscate these guns (ironically, with guns), whom are largely right wing/pro 2A. Expect them to defiantly ignore any such threat to the Constitution.

3) A right wing Government will never order any such action, and the Democrat party has been infiltrated by "progressives" and "communists" who have hijacked its institutions to pursue identity politics and other far-left issues (including gun control, the best way to sabotage your chance in an election). That basically means the Democrats are no longer a real player in the political field, minus some coastal strongholds.

Just theories.
edit on 10/3/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

For crying out loud... Just take a look at Mexico... They have very stringent gun control and the criminals are more armed than the military...

Take a look at Venezuela... The leftwing regime introduced gun control and gave guns to Chavistas, and Venezuela is the most violent country in the world...

When are left-wing gun control freaks going to realize that criminals don't abide by laws?...
edit on 3-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

For crying out loud... Just take a look at Mexico... They have very stringent gun control and the criminals are more armed than the military...

Take a look at Venezuela... The leftwing regime introduced gun control and gave guns to Chavistas, and Venezuela is the most violent country in the world...

When are left-wing gun control freaks going to realize that criminals don't abide by laws?...

Those aren't "developed" countries according to the anti-gun extremists, they don't count.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You do know we have been right wing militia types attack places fairly regularly, right?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Fairly regularly as in every week, every month?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

They realize it. They just don't care. If they did, they'd be targeting these gun control laws at gang bangers, repeat offenders and other violent criminals.
edit on 3-10-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

face, that is exactly how I feel about it. I have seen too many people speaking about getting one single bill to pass in order to build up momentum for the trip down that very slippery slope.

As a one off kind of thing, I wouldn't mind background checks being expanded to gun show sales, provided the seller interfaced directly with the NICS system and not intermediaries (who charge fees and take time). I still don't feel it would be practical to have everyday sellers using the system, but those individuals should be somewhat limited in the number of sales transactions they can conduct. As it stands now, any number is OK as long as they don't regularly engage in the sales with the intent to profit. For instance, you could allow NN transactions per year, with up to XX firearms per transaction event. Besides that, providing a process for those with certain mental illnesses to be disarmed, following due process and legal system requirements.

As far as terror watch lists go, I am opposed to this because you can be added to such a list for any reason. There is too much room for abuse (and there will always be abuse) for this to be the arbiter of the second amendment.

Besides that, make it easier for law abiding citizens to carry weapons (including rifles, if they feel the need) and be shielded from legal proceedings if engaging an active shooter or terrorist in good faith. I think this would deter at least some of the shooters, since they rely on not being challenged by their victims. Just ask any active shooter defense instructor.

edit on 10/3/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I agree with that entire post. And most gun owners I know would agree with most if not all of it. Most of us are reasonable people. It's the unreasonable extremists on the other side who lead us to take such a rigid stance.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

They realize it. They just don't care. If they did, they're be targeting these gun control laws at gang bangers, repeat offenders and other violent criminals.

Not to mention they would have voted for the GOP bill last year to improve the background check system. They voted no because it wasn't their bill and they didn't want the Republicans to get any credit for it. The "if it saves one life" mantra didn't matter on that vote, they just played politics. Makes it very hard to trust their intentions. If they really cared about saving lives they would have voted yes on that bill.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

We can't even stop the black market from selling human babies as sex toys.
How could we ever stop the black market from selling assault rifles?

If I could push a button that made all weapons , military and otherwise, and the ability to manufacture them disappear I would press it.
But anything short of that wouldn't work.

What are you a rock salesmen?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

we have gone too far as a speices , its got to change but leave my guns alone
edit on 3-10-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I HEAR talk, but see no story so PROVE it or bullsh#t, I call.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You mean if it wasn’t for propaganda whores pretending like democrats want to ban or confiscate ???

Please find me a quote or two of an elected official saying they want to ban guns or confiscate them..

And I say elected officials because random numb skulls with no power don’t matter.. pointing to them as proof is propaganda as well..

It would be political suicide.. no law enforcement body would do it..

Even the assault rifle ban would only be on the new sale of them...

It’s scare tactic propaganda..

The dems say the want to ban the new sale of assault rifles and the gop rebuttal is “these extremists want to ban all the guns!!!”

When no one who matters has ever said that..

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join