It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Good Example for an Assault Rifle Ban???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: neo96

It's times like these that we really see the people who desire a police-state.

We already have a police state.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Bro I had like a 4 post opening thread typed up earlier today linking possible Russian propaganda, the Buffalo team working on hijacking motor control through a new process and whatnot, the fact that taking over human motor control is a technology now that has existed at least 15 years since 2002, etc etc... news articles. I stepped out for a smoke and when I came back in the older son closed all my tabs to play his game

I'll just drop Scooby snacks and if I work up the motivation I will tackle the issue again, unless someone else wishes to do a thread down that road, which would be cool by me. I just want it discussed, who opens the discussion is irrelevant to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

More Like the One Millionth Example of an Opportunity for some Anti American Scumbag Liberal Progressive to Attack the Second Amendment .

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You may desire one, but we aren't there just yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Where did you dig that number out of?

There are not 30 million Americans in jail. linkee.

There are all kinds of sources at the bottom for further research into the numbers. Not one of them will say 30 million Americans are in jail, or any sort of custodial supervision, such as parole.

Ten percent?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Give Rambo a bow and arrow or a bowie or a lance and a horse and tell him to go kill a buffalo then he'll have my respect

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Really?

When did this happen, more importantly where, so I can avoid it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: BestinShow
It's not the Tool being used, it's the mental illness of said user.

We've done that too. It basically went, "Define mental illness and who..." More obfuscation and the issue remains unresolved. Well, it boils down to, "Leave our F'n guns alone no matter what." I'm cool with that. Just admit it. And while you're at it admit that the casualties don't matter as long as your "right" isn't violated.

Nah he's not wrong, he said it's not the Tool, it's the mental illness of the person, he didn't then say you should try to legislate, he was just saying -- understand the root cause.

The bottom line is, a totally sane person with fit mental health today, can have unfit mental health tomorrow and there is no way to track that. The reality is simple, no amount of security actually guarantees safety, in fact -- the more security you have, the only quantifiable result is an increase to your perception of safety.

Banning guns still results in people being shot by them. Banning guns doesn't do anything to the murder rate, it just changes the form murder takes, just look at Brazil, where knife attacks are extremely common occurrences that almost always result in death of one or multiple people. Real life knife attacks are practically indefensible, and if Mr. Lockheed wanted to kill a group of people the same as he did in Vegas with a gun ban, with his large bank account -- he could have procured an illegal firearm, or even 3D Printed his own, or worse, he could have built a bomb, or a series of multiple bombs.

You cannot prevent mass crowd anonymous attacks -- the best thing you could do is create an economic climate that raises the median level of comfortably in order to reduce pent up aggression, how ever -- you can see in this guys case, even that wouldn't have worked.

In short, the original statement was correct, the tool isn't at fault, the mind that wields the tool was, and there is no way to prevent that from happening with any sure plan of action. I don't believe the guy who made that statement believed there was, so I'm unsure why you took it there.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

" The Islamic State militant group claimed responsibility for the massacre, but U.S. officials said there was no evidence of that."

www.newsmax.com...

Makes you WONDER If ANY of these Alledged Terrorist Attacks by Islamic Extremists are REAL or Imaginary when it comes to the Media Reports concerning them ......Hmm.........

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You keep mentioning Buffalo. All I know about Buffalo is that its cold and they have the buffalo bills--a mediocre football team.

Do you know about some secret group up there doing some mind control activities or something like MK Ultra

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You may desire one, but we aren't there just yet.

Oh no, not yet.

Do you know how many police agencies they have in this country?

Sure they don’t use physical jack boots; they use something worse, psychological jack boots…way more sinister and affective

Ill ignore the " you may desire one crack"

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Really?

When did this happen, more importantly where, so I can avoid it.

A police state is not always the over the top Nazi type control system

There’s the more subtle control system where they use mass psychological means to control you with the armored police standing by when the psycho arts don’t work fast enough

In America there are almost 12,135 federal state, and local law enforcement agencies

And massive psychological tools at work to control and manipulate you

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

Then bazookas should be legal, and C4...and hell why not nukes..

I'm with you there is no way to do an assault rifle confiscation, but that is the worst logic ever..

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I doubt they have many 67 year old white guys joining up...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If you watch the cell phone footage from various people recording the concert - it was fully automatic which has been banned nationally since the 80's, which means he aquired them illegally, which also means that laws don't prevent people from breaking the law.

Laws only guarantee prosecution once perpetrator is caught.

What's the solution? Catch the bad guys before they can break the law, or from wild west stand point - Arm those who want to do good and when the wolves come we can put them down before they hurt the sheep.

Evil people with evil intentions will always exist - the notion of disarming the good to take away the evil is just idiotic. That's like a Shepard killing his sheep dog because he's a dog just like the wolf.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
go re-read my post from the other page. I added all the links. Oh hell, here I will do it. again.

a reply to: worldstarcountry
a mind control operation using the breakthroughs discovered at the Buffalo University for the Science and Arts. The same University that has paid money to have Hillary Clinton speak ....

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
More like a good example of why there shouldn't be gun-free zones such as concert areas.
A shooter would be likely to think twice before unleashing upon an entire crowd of carriers.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

yeh exactly the weapon is the persons mind , the gun is just a tool

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

So then we should allow people to have bazookas and C4 then right???

We restrict a gajillion things because of their potential to cause damage..

No one is ever going to institute a ban and confiscation, but that argument doesn’t work

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Yea (sarcasm) .... espeacially since the vast majority commit suicide.. so the threat of other people with guns would definitely talk them out of it...

A crowd FULL OF GUNS doesn’t stop this one..

He was 300 yeards away in a hotel room..

You should actually think about the talking point before you parrot it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join