It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Good Example for an Assault Rifle Ban???

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

There is no argument to be made.

Crimes have to be proven in courts of law.

Where presumption of innocence is suppose to be upheld.

Not universally declare everyone is guilty of some capital or other wise infamous crime without due process.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And a good law abiding citizen if approved by his local Sherriff and health authorities should be able to buy ONE box of ammunition upon presenting his permit

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Paddock was a good an law abiding citizen.

Until Mandalay.

Nothing would have stopped him.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Really if for example you could only get 150 round boxes instead of 600 and only once a month that might of dampened the show you need bullets to fire guns and this guy obviously had enough to conduct a military grade massacre.Guns are like booze if they are empty they cant hurt you unless you use it like a club.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
OP arguing gun control in the United States is like urinating into a stiff breeze,in the UK you have teddy bears,in the US you have guns and you get the same response taking guns as taking teddies,its not rational and atrocities like this will just happen time and time again and each time you mention gun control or the fact more people have been killed on US soil than in its wars out come the old Charlton Heston clips the lobbyists and all the rest of it.

There are over 300 million guns in the US so you can legislate anything it does not matter the genie is out of the bottle.

Theres only one solution and its not gun control,its ammunition control thats your loophole.

restricting AMMO sales abridges the constitutionality of the 2nd. If you remove the ammo you breach it. a gun is useless without ammunition and making it so exspensive or hard to get can and would be argued as backdoor banning.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Even think that through ?

So what if someone saves up for months to then go on a shooting rampage ?

NO.

Either people believe in civil liberty or they don't.

Anti gunners/Anti ammuni's clearly don't.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It doesnt matter what Congress or authorities do the NRA will fight it in the Supreme Court Im just glad I live where I do because if an event like this happened in my country you'd know it was the Government as only they have this category of weaponry...as I said arguing for gun control in the US is a lost cause.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It's times like these that we really see the people who desire a police-state.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's times like these that we really see the people who desire a police-state.

True.

Only the cops and the criminals have guns and john q public gets caught in the cross fire.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I am free-er in my country than yours but I cant have a military grade weapon- free country hell you have more people incarcerated than even China and you cant even have a lemonade stand without a swat team showing up and shooting your dog ,its long past the point where the Second Amendment should of been used for what it was designed for.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

free country hell you have more people incarcerated than even China

Less than one percent of total us population is in prison.

Speaking of China that COMMUNIST state outlawed the private ownership of firearms.

Which is a police state.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

BWAHAHAHA..

Please quote the elected politicians who have said that...

You can't, because they haven't..

A) it would be political suicide to even seriously propose a ban and confiscation..

B) there is no law enforcement body nor the military would be willing to do it..

The dems say "we want to ban the new sale of assault rifles."

The republican taking point propaganda?
"They are coming door to door to confiscate all the guns!!"

It is a BS scare tactic that has worked on people unwilling to use any deductive thinking or research what the other side is actually proposing, for the last 80 years maybe..

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I don't know how..
I went on for 2 paragraphs saying that assault rifles only accounted for .004 % of deaths , and any other mass shooting could have been done with a conventional gun..

Assuming he modified a legal version....

I was just asking if this was the first example of a situation where an assault rifle actually did make it worse...

The mistake was made by me.

I can't think of any other time that an assault rifle would have done a much greater amount of damage during a mass shooting. All the ones I can think of off the top of my head were done in close quarters. That makes this one unique. A rifle of any kind in this situation would do more damage than a handgun.
edit on 2-10-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I am not going to argue gun control but there is something you Americans need to understand there is a difference between being allowed to own great toys and stuff and real freedom.Hong Kong is the free-est jurisdiction in the world look it up they seem to get by without guns.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

10% of the us population is in jail.. not 1%..

Maybe that is only counting prison, and county jails cover the other 9%, but a concrete box is a concrete box.

But doesn't have 10% of their populations shoved in a concrete box, the vast majority for drug use or small time sales..

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hong Kong is the free-est jurisdiction in the world

So I did look that up and I think you should make a thread about this topic. No joke.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I am not going to argue gun control but there is something you Americans need to understand there is a difference between being allowed to own great toys and stuff and real freedom.Hong Kong is the free-est jurisdiction in the world look it up they seem to get by without guns.

In America it’s about macho man. I want to have my guns like Roy Rogers and Rambo.

Its an ego thing over here based on a series of national delusions that go way back to the deep dark west and south of the country.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Assault rifles are already illegal....everywhere. I wish people would take the time to learn what an actual assault rifle is. Many gun opposition folks call today's AR rifles assault guns when in reality they are no different than many hunting rifles...they just look scary. They are like buying a Mustang GT with a 4 cylinder engine in it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Automobiles not designed for taking life take more lives every year than firearms. It would seem then that the real danger is people now isn't it, and the poor choices they make with their property. Well lately they are about even, which just means the average American is becoming more dumb and hostile on average. But when you consider that half of the firearm fatalities are suicide, automobiles are clearly more dangerous.
a reply to: JoshuaCoxOMG Aare you serious?? Diane Frankenstein is literally the torch bearer for ban every single firearm! And she is still elected in fact. She better keep her trap shut or its going to get out that this was in fact a mind control operation using the breakthroughs discovered at the Buffalo University for the Science and Arts. The same University that has paid money to have Hillary Clinton speak ....

This was a psy-op. The team from Buffalo university utilized this man as the first human test subject for hijacking human motor function and likely paid Hillary to make her typical get those guns rhetoric she and that nasty bitch Diane F.

Lets hope California ditches this mummy in elections next year.
This entire event was a Hillary Clinton false flag utilizing the assets she networked with during her time in the New York Senate. Just wait and see what Diane says though, she is the truly dangerous one when it comes to attacking the constitution.
edit on 10-2-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

What's with this Buffalo rap...what do you got on that

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join