It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Good Example for an Assault Rifle Ban???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

A car doesn't kill 50 people and wounding 500..??

What would a loaded dump truck do hitting a crowd of 22,000 at 60 mph?

edit on 2-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Some people in France may be able to enlighten us about that.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I don't know how..
I went on for 2 paragraphs saying that assault rifles only accounted for .004 % of deaths , and any other mass shooting could have been done with a conventional gun..

Assuming he modified a legal version....

I was just asking if this was the first example of a situation where an assault rifle actually did make it worse...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think we should outlaw heroin too, because so many more die from overdoses. After all, if it were illegal, those who want it would never get their hands on it. Oh wait.... my bad.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

There's no way to determine of course exactly how many people would have been killed if he had just used a legal AR15 with a bunch of 30 or 50 round mags. But it's certainly possible, from his vantage point, that mass of people, and the time he had, that he could have killed and wounded that many using that gun. An automatic weapon wasn't necessary, it just made it easier.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Then we should be able to have tanks and bazookas then huh??

Hellfire middles, even nukes..

Can't stop a nuclear government if you don't have your own nukes..

That ship sailed long ago.. the weapons just got way too cool to have civilian counterparts..

There is no realistic way to ban guns nor even assault rifles.

The closest the American people will allow is the ban of new sales.. which will still take a couple centuries before we filter out most of the guns we presently have..

However , "its to combat a tyrannical government " and they could have used something else" are ridiculous arguments..

If that were the case we should all be allowed to own bazookas.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That ship sailed long ago.. the weapons just got way too cool to have civilian counterparts..

Actually, yes, I largely agree with that. However, the 2nd Amendment is the law of the land, just as with any other amendment to the Constitution, and the founders certainly did not intend for it to become obsolete. If we're going to argue that it is outdated, that's fine, but the proper recourse to correct that is to use the Constitutional process to amend it and state its limits in modern terms.
edit on 2-10-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Thanks for the video response. It sounded a whole lot like what was happening in Las Vegas. (I used to go to the Hickock .45 channel all the time. A blast from the past.)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Actually, yes, I largely agree with that. However, the 2nd Amendment is the law of the land, just as with any other amendment to the Constitution, and the founders certainly did not intend for it to become obsolete. If we're going to argue that it is outdated, that's fine, but the proper recourse to correct that is to use the Constitutional process to amend it and state its limits in modern terms.

This is an excellent post. Also, the whole "well the government has nukes" argument falls apart when you realize if a tyrannical government got to the point where it was gonna nuke us, who the hell would be left to submit to them anyway?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Explain in excruciating step-by-step detail how any law will get the tens of millions of illegal firearms off the planet. Don't cop out and do the because I'm the mommy and I said so. Step-by-step, who what where why and when. Names.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
I still don't think it was an actual full automatic rifle. The shot signature it too sporadic and not regular...

I have said on the other thread it's obviously a semi auto but I think with an aftermarket trigger or bump stock....

The videos i saw and heard showed it to be a full auto weapon at one point with at least 90 rounds fired without taking a finger off the trigger.
bump fire kits will not work with mags over 30 rounds because of the weight of the ammo in the gun.

This means that this was not a legal weapon used

The guy who did the shooting was worth over 4 million and gun control laws likely would have done nothing because he had the money to buy illegal weapons even if they had been outlawed.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Why are you in support of removing freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
First Good Example for an Assault Rifle Ban???

Only if you think people that have commited no crimes have things taken away from them, and trample the second,fourth,9th,10th and 14 amendments.

Then may the FASCIST be with you.

No LV isn't a good example.

Because 300 hundred million OTHER weapons weren't used to hurt anyone.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who said confiscation ?!?! Or a ban really..

You should have actually read the op before replying..

There will never be a confiscation... any ban would only be on the new sale of assault rifles, with those on circulation being grandfathered in.

What LE body would be willing to confiscate any class of guns???

None..

It is a tired scare tactic with zero realism attatched.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Please quote where I said to ban assault rifles???

The OP simoly asks if this is the first case where an assault rifle actually did more damage than a conventional gun could have.

If this is the first one, then that's not exactly evidence of a trend requiring a ban. Now is it...
edit on 2-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Who said confiscation ?!?! Or a ban really..

Anti gunners have for over 80 plus years.

Outright calls were made during the last DNC convention.

And STILL at it.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Do you support removing freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That thing is old and outdated, we should just let our politicians piss all over it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That thing is old and outdated, we should just let our politicians piss all over it.

The Constitution is as urine-stained as any of my boxers already.

SMH

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
OP arguing gun control in the United States is like urinating into a stiff breeze,in the UK you have teddy bears,in the US you have guns and you get the same response taking guns as taking teddies,its not rational and atrocities like this will just happen time and time again and each time you mention gun control or the fact more people have been killed on US soil than in its wars out come the old Charlton Heston clips the lobbyists and all the rest of it.

There are over 300 million guns in the US so you can legislate anything it does not matter the genie is out of the bottle.

Theres only one solution and its not gun control,its ammunition control thats your loophole.
edit on 2-10-2017 by khnum because: syntax

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join