It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Good Example for an Assault Rifle Ban???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So is this the first legit example where an assault rifle did more damage than more conventional guns could do???

Usually with mass shootings and just plain old murders, It is a hand gun, hunting rifle or shotgun...and most murders period are with the more common variety firearms.

Only like .0004% are done with assault rifles, and usually a fairly reasonable argument can be made that a reguar style gun could have done the same damage. Well this is like literally the perfect example of where an assault rifle was far deadlier than any other type of gun huh???

A pistol wouldn't have worked that effectively..

A shotgun definitely wouldn't..

A hunting rifle could have a higher hit percentage, but could never put out that much fire in the time allowed.

A car doesn't kill 50 people and wounding 500..

So has there been another example where
an assault rifle was specifically deadlier than any other class of fire arm??

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So is this the first legit example where an assault rifle did more damage than more conventional guns could do???

This what?
Source for your example please.

+50 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Never let a crisis go to waste, huh? Despicable.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior

Beautiful way to ignore an issue.

@ shooterbrody: I think he's using the incident as the source.

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Does anyone even know WHAT weapon was used?
That may be important to the discussion?
Full Auto weapons are already illegal.

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Short answer, NO.

Longer answer, NO.

Recommendation, stop focusing on the tool and look at the source.

+47 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

A semi doing 80 mph and plowing over the same area would have produced more than 50 kills. And to add, what if that same truck was rigged with explosives..? It's not the Tool being used, it's the mental illness of said user.

It's obvious where you are going with this.

For shame...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What about 8 non AR platformed rifles hmmmm?

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

We can't even stop the black market from selling human babies as sex toys.
How could we ever stop the black market from selling assault rifles?

If I could push a button that made all weapons , military and otherwise, and the ability to manufacture them disappear I would press it.
But anything short of that wouldn't work.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Do we know if this guy used a civilian-legal weapon at this point?

Unless he was using a semi-automatic rifle with a bump-fire stock, I don't think this is much of a gun-control issue. Even then, I would consider it more about the bump-fire stocks, and yes, I'm open to the idea of restricting or banning those.

link   

Its not just the firearm but the planning and intent to kill as many people as possible. He was high up in a tower overlooking an open air, crowded venue, at night...

...the worst of all possible scenarios. Only a really deviant, cold and calculating mind would ever conceive of such a horrible plan.

There is literally nothing more gun legislation would do to control this kind of persons intent.

How hotel security let this many guns into that building at that time and place would be a good place to start.

link   
a reply to: netwarrior

Unfortunately the only time to really bring this point home is during tragedy...we only complain about big pharma when someone comes down with cancer or a similar side effect so it does make sense to talk about the issue at hand..and yet the fire arm industry, tobacco and big pharma just keep on doing what they do...looks like once again we are the punchline of of messed up joke...

I know there are somethings this fantastic country does right but we do passionate about the wrong things..imagine if politicians on either side talked about cancer with the same amount of disdain as guns..all we can do at this moment is hope that some common ground is met around gun legislation and we look to support each other versus point fingers...

+5 more 
link   

Bombs do.
What is your point?
If it's not a razor, it's a knife.
If it's not a knife, it's a sword.
If it's not a sword, it's an axe.
Not an axe, a gun.
Not a gun, a bomb.
Not a bomb, a missle.
See the point?
People kill people with whatever means necessary.

We don't even know what was used.
It may have been a stolen automatic machine gun taken from the Mexican cartels who had automatice machine guns given to them by the U.S. government.

Always an angle.
Always.

link   
Automatic rifles are already extremely illegal and highly monitored and regulated by the BATF
I suppose you would have Americans defend themselves with sticks and stones

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

This what? So are you saying that what he used was perfectly legal and he did not break any laws? Because you're asking someone to follow the law and acting like that's going to stop someone from shooting. But leave it to you to not let a good opportunity to go to waste

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: netwarrior

Beautiful way to ignore an issue.

@ shooterbrody: I think he's using the incident as the source.

Nobody in this country that has a heart, is ignoring this tragedy today.
Why don't you guys at least wait until the smoke clears before pushing the Leftist agenda.
Criminals will always be exempt from any type of gun ban......they will get them no matter what the law is.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
It's not the Tool being used, it's the mental illness of said user.

We've done that too. It basically went, "Define mental illness and who..." More obfuscation and the issue remains unresolved. Well, it boils down to, "Leave our F'n guns alone no matter what." I'm cool with that. Just admit it. And while you're at it admit that the casualties don't matter as long as your "right" isn't violated.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

A semi doing 80 mph and plowing over the same area would have produced more than 50 kills. And to add, what if that same truck was rigged with explosives..? It's not the Tool being used, it's the mental illness of said user.

It's obvious where you are going with this.

For shame...

I get what you are saying and this argument has been made time and time again...unfortunately people with mental illness, religion, and or political ideology will continue to use guns so in your estimation that is an acceptable price to pay for being able to posses a larger caliber fire arm??

edit on 2-10-2017 by chrismarco because: inserted my comment in your quote...fixed it..

edit on 2-10-2017 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I still don't think it was an actual full automatic rifle. The shot signature it too sporadic and not regular...

I have said on the other thread it's obviously a semi auto but I think with an aftermarket trigger or bump stock....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Narrow down what an assault rifle is.

Actual assault rifles are pretty hard to come by, unless you're a criminal and procure one illegally. So another law is really just a moot point.
edit on 2-10-2017 by KawRider9 because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join