It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist Teacher Celebrates Vegas Murders

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

they're smart, too, saying she's a teacher so folks get super riled - as they should IF this is real.

tho, in my eyes, it makes it more obvious a troll.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
What is bizarre is that you guys look at twitter and think you see the world. What's disappointing is that you've condemned the woman on grounds so specious that she will likely lose her livelihood just to make you feel better.

If she loses her job, it's because of heartless asininity like what she posted.

You know, personal responsibility and all that; no one is protected from the reactions--either positive or negative--to the free speech to which they are entitled. But just because we can exercise that first-amendment right doesn't mean that we always should.

But, you know, with a comment under her profile picture like, "Orange Cheeto needs to go. #TheResistance #DumptRump #impeach45 #F-cktRump #P-ssyGrabber #Resist," I'm sure that she just really didn't mean it.

If she "lose[s] her livelihood," it's because of her own actions. I don't feel better about it either way, but I am a fan of reaping what one sows.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: SlapMonkey

you're right, I apologize.

You win the award for most civil interaction of the day

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

What in the world are you talking about? I have not said a single word about her life story, I have ONLY commented on her obvious hatred and death wish for Trump supporters. And now you accuse me of being hateful? Based on what, exactly?

What an utterly bizarre and nonsensical post. Your mental gymnastics are quite baffling, congrats with your fiction writing.

I don't mean you personally. I was being general. Apologies for that.

Yes, the mob is after this woman, troll or not, because of what she wrote on Twitter. Thou shall not follow the multitude to do evil.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Of course she would lose her job -- IF it was real. My money is on the fact that this is a hoax account specifically setup to cause this kind of divisive reaction. Look at all the posters on this thread with stiffies over it. They love being able to paint the other side with things like this. Don't be a fool. Look at the picture. And a teacher? Seriously? This doesn't smell in the least bit cooked-up to you?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm not sure how what someone writes on twitter reflects on their job performance, but stranger cases have been made by puritans of all stripes.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That post makes no sense. SMH. When someone posts something abhorrent, your argument is that we should all safely ignore its content because it's on the internet?

a reply to: jtma508

I hope someone proves it's not real.
edit on 2-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

That post makes no sense. SMH.

Maybe I should have composed it in a tweet for you.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Silly and vacuous reply.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Why is it not surprising that everything in the Universe is about Trump. Sigh....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Well, considering that plenty of teachers have said and acted on ideologically driven urges worse than this, I'm certainly not willing to dismiss its veracity just yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

they'll find that's a picture of some sweet lady who lives in Europe somewhere. lol

these trolls rip off pictures of sweet old ladies, pretty girls, good looking guys. they're good...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Silly and vacuous reply.

I am trying hard not to be too testy today - when something like this happens, people can behave in quite extreme ways in reaction. I guess that is what LesMisanthrope is referring to. Perhaps this woman just had a complete meltdown and hit the keyboard with the first emotional response that flooded into her mind. I am not characterising her entire person based on that tweet/post - she may already regret very much posting it. The internet is a very easy place to vent in the moment.

edit on 2/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Waiting for that...if true.

Otherwise, I hope this woman is treated like a pariah for her twisted world view.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I'm not sure how what someone writes on twitter reflects on their job performance, but stranger cases have been made by puritans of all stripes.

It doesn't reflect on their job performance, it reflects on their character as a human being and their decision-making skills as an adult.

When one's job is apparently being a teacher and you hold authority over students, you are expected to have at least a decent base of character--this woman does not.

When one is as politically ideological as to consciously make public comments such as what's in the OP, they do not have the character and maturity to be a teacher. If she was a box packer at an Amazon facility, I would give less than two sh*ts about her opinion.

So, this says nothing about her job performance, but it does speak to her worthiness of holding the position of teacher and having the authority that comes with it.

I understand that you disagree--so be it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I understand this point...but only barely.

For a class of people who constantly remind us that words matter, some seem very unwilling to apply that standard to themselves or others like them when it cuts the other way.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I understand this point...but only barely.

For a class of people who constantly remind us that words matter, some seem very unwilling to apply that standard to themselves or others like them when it cuts the other way.

Fella, from what I have read, if you just apply your own standard, you're all good.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: odzeandennz

I care that she's a teacher...and I care that people seem to think her sentiments are somehow unique or insignificant.

She is not a good example of a teacher...she should be canned asap.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

if true wouldn't this teacher have been identified by now?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Silly and vacuous reply.

It was a joke. But given the circumstances, I can understand that jokes at your expense are verboten.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join