It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist Teacher Celebrates Vegas Murders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: FauxMulder

An old white man killed 50 people. You post a tweet from a nobody who said something disrespectful.

The problem with this thread is that many members here will only extrapolate and generalize based on the latter.

Yeah especially since now that one psychopath (her) in the tribe applauded it, stick around we can count on others from her tribe to show up in here and derail and deflect the thread to stick up for the behavior.

edit on 2-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It was a horrible thing to say, and it amazes me that people are so obsessed with Trump that this is the first thing that comes to their mind when innocent people are killed? Jesus. I hate Trump too, but he wasn't on my mind at all while I was hearing about this tragedy.

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It's alarming the term you choose to apply to her is merely 'disrespectful'....and I'm pretty certain it would be pointless to explain to you why.

The slide into the abyss apparently hastens with each passing day.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
When senseless tragedies like this one strike, people search their souls for rationale, justification and silver linings. This person's attempt at humorously promoting her perceived silver lining, what is it they say about finding comedy in tragedy? Too soon! Wildly inflammatory and thoughtless!

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
These are the kind of people who work in the education field?

No wonder people are so dumb these days..

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

It's alarming the term you choose to apply to her is merely 'disrespectful'....and I'm pretty certain it would be pointless to explain to you why.

The slide into the abyss apparently hastens with each passing day.

It wasn't "merely" disrespectful just like that guy didn't "merely" kill 50 people.

But he did kill 50 people and she did post a disrespectful tweet. Spin that however you like.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
She's a moron that needs to be fired. The concert was hardly only white people, and am sure not limited to political supporters of one side. Plus personally know non Trump supporters that like Country music. She'll eat her rhetoric when it the victims are revealed.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately it has been drummed into citizens minds over the decades to devalue human life.

Not everyone has succumbed to this but many have, such as this woman.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Spin?

Maybe you should reconsider the words you chose. Your total assessment of her comments was that is was from a "nobody who said something disrespectful."

Despite the obvious depravity of what she said or the fact that she's a teacher, it wasn't enough to subordinate your desire to make your political point.

Like I said, it's pretty clear you wouldn't understand.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I know it's tempting to say well this is how ______ are and it is important to talk about counter examples to break up echo chambers (on all sides) but to wish death on people for their beliefs is just disgusting.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It's upsetting when things like this happen. (Hell of an understatement)

And people will respond according to their own beliefs.

People who want to punish Trump voters will celebrate.

The anti-gun crowd will celebrate.

A senseless, tragic event occurred.

I just feel sad.

All I'm going to say on the subject.

Stay safe and sane folks. It's a crazy world out there.

link   
I won't say what I think of this woman, but perhaps it is better to completely ignore these people at a time like this.

One caveat, before we burn her at the stake. Sometimes emotion gets the better of people, especially in such a hate-filled political environment. I'd like to think she currently feels absolutely ashamed and sick to her stomach - and perhaps, just perhaps, we should leave it at that.
edit on 2/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Abysha

An old white man killed 50 people. You post a tweet from a nobody who said something disrespectful.

The problem with this thread is that many members here will only extrapolate and generalize based on the latter.

I get what you're saying... like she's the greater of two evils.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I haven't seen one person do that........yet

Really? After the Pulse Nightclub shooting there were people saying that the "gays'" deserved the attack, in one way or another.

Idiots will always abound. It's human nature to try and spin tragedy to see the "good", but when tragedy strikes, the true nature of the individual is exposed.

edit on 2-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Spin?

Maybe you should reconsider the words you chose. Your total assessment of her comments was that is was from a "nobody who said something disrespectful."

Despite the obvious depravity of what she said or the fact that she's a teacher, it wasn't enough to subordinate your desire to make your political point.

Like I said, it's pretty clear you wouldn't understand.

Look, I'm still angry about this shooting. I'm still heartbroken and confused. So when only a couple of hours have passed and somebody feels it thread-worthy to spotlight a random teacher's callous musings, it pisses me off. What purpose could it possibly stir other than to stir up some sort of partisan feelings ("activist" "teacher" "white people" "Trump supporters", etc).

Yet you try to spin it as if I'm the one not giving enough gravity... to a thread about a tweet a couple hours after the worst mass shooting in history.

Good lord.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Were distracted by our own implosive media posts. While actual evil gets away with CRIME.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

No parent would want their child around such evil. Who knows what hate she has already filled their little minds with.

Of course, she's probably protected by her union. She'll have to sit at home and be paid for a couple of years while the school board goes to court to get rid of her.

But of course she did everyone a favor for exposing herself as stated by an earlier poster.
edit on 2-10-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's upsetting when things like this happen. (Hell of an understatement)

And people will respond according to their own beliefs.

People who want to punish Trump voters will celebrate.

The anti-gun crowd will celebrate.

A senseless, tragic event occurred.

I just feel sad.

All I'm going to say on the subject.

Stay safe and sane folks. It's a crazy world out there.

I think it's also disgusting that you assume any groups will celebrate mass murder simply because one person of a type did. Sure, some will... just as some celebrated plowing a car into a crowd.

link   
She has the right to speak as she wishes.

She DOESN'T have the right to choose the consequences of that speech.

...as she soon will find out.

link   
a reply to: windword

Equally depraved.

One would expect that would be the universal reaction to such sentiments. It's jarring (understatement) when you see examples where that doesn't appear to be the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join