It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Jonjonj

No. I own an AR, it is semi-auto.

Edit: Ruger AR-556 for anyone interested. And for anyone who gets their gun info from the media, no that doesn't mean it's 37 times deadlier than an AR-15.

Ok but AK?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just heard one of my daughter's girlfriends was at the concert last night with her boyfriend.
She is okay, but her BF is still missing.

Blimey - i hope he turns up ok.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Anyone that can log into LinkedIn should check it for "Steve Paddock". Call it a hunch.

Already did it.

40 + returns

No "NASA"
No "Accountant"
No "Lockheed"

He likely retired from his professional life before LinkedIn was a thing.

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Dragoon01

Thanks for the detailed response. Your point is though that there is no proof of auto weapons and then you say this:

That distance is about 300 yards from what they say on the TV. I can confirm that more or less as I have been through that area on a couple of occasions. At 300 yards the potential rifles he could have used (an AR or AK) are still going to be traveling between 2500 and 3000 feet per second.

Aren't they automatic weapons?

No they are not automatic weapons....99.9% in public hands are all semi auto.

True.....

But one of them definitely sounded like full auto, not 3 shot

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This was posted then deleted.

ibb.co...

link   
Tom Petty was just found unconscious. He is described by some sources as a "country rock" artist. This shooting was at a country concert. It must be related, right guys?

Seriously, hope Petty is ok.

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

his girlfriend is Australian he was using her slot card to gamble

link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Well his Military Industrial Complex background could help explain how he got a hold of arm fulls of apparently automatic rifles when supposedly he's just some retired dude that likely spends too much money gambling...

link   

Thanks for the detailed response. Your point is though that there is no proof of auto weapons and then you say this:

That distance is about 300 yards from what they say on the TV. I can confirm that more or less as I have been through that area on a couple of occasions. At 300 yards the potential rifles he could have used (an AR or AK) are still going to be traveling between 2500 and 3000 feet per second.

No,
Semi auto.
Big difference at least in terms of rate of fire. Still both will kill you dead real quick like.
Just like a single shot musket will or a rock will.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Liquesence

It's been surprising how fast the information has been coming through. I reckon we'll have a motive (trigger) within hours.

True, considering he had what appears to be a very limited social media presence.

link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Jonjonj

No. I own an AR, it is semi-auto.

Edit: Ruger AR-556 for anyone interested. And for anyone who gets their gun info from the media, no that doesn't mean it's 37 times deadlier than an AR-15.

Ok but AK?

AKs aren't necessarily full auto either. As has already been said, the vast majority available here in the US are semi-auto.

link   
As usual, too much conflicting info is coming in from media reporting.

I just heard that the "girlfriend" is out of the country. Sometime this morning, it was being reported that she was picked up and being questioned in Vegas.

????

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I originally said that it might be echoes that were heard, but listening again... it sounds like the cyclic rate is different between the two different sets of sounds. That would indicate two different weapons.

Shooter had reported 10 weapons with him

I've heard that were different calibers, 223 (5.56 mm) and 308 (7.62 mm)

Different weapons, in different calibers account for sounds

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just heard one of my daughter's girlfriends was at the concert last night with her boyfriend.
She is okay, but her BF is still missing.

Let's expect and hope for the best outcome, eh?

Fingers crossed here.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
This was posted then deleted.

ibb.co...

Eh many of those antifa social media cites are fake.

Doesn't prove anything really.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: pirhanna

Well his Military Industrial Complex background could help explain how he got a hold of arm fulls of apparently automatic rifles when supposedly he's just some retired dude that likely spends too much money gambling...

Not really. Accountants for Lockheed don't have any special access to weapons that any of us can't get.

link   
a reply to: face23785

Use Google.

He was in Malibu.

link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

In the google I found this page summary:

dave bresnan bresno | Professional Profile - LinkedIn
uk.linkedin.com...
Birmingham, United Kingdom - ‎Owner, Solarbayer - ‎Solarbayer
Tom McGill. Consultant DSRC at DARPA ... Steve Paddock. Science Education Fellow at Howard Hughes Medical Institute ...

but cant see the page.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

originally posted by: GuidedKill

No they are not automatic weapons....99.9% in public hands are all semi auto.

True.....

But one of them definitely sounded like full auto, not 3 shot

Triple burst or any other mod that allows more than one bullet fired per trigger pull is considered automatic and highly regulated....I personally don't this this is going to be a fully automatic machine gun.

I'm leaning more towards a legal semi auto with a trigger mod or bump stock to increase fire cycling....Not know for accuracy due to the way these systems but are known to cycle a semi auto a lot faster but are prone to jamming..

If you listen to the videos the rate of fire fluctuates....A real automatic would not do this and would have about the same average rounds per minute fire rate..

just my .02

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Update on my friend who was shot in the leg, she is stable and doing well. She credits a stranger, a young man who helped save her life.

Another friend of mine who was there, swears there were multiple shooters. Her sister has some crazy scary footage posted on facebook as well.

So sorry for the lives lost and changed forever from this horrific situation.

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join