It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Does anybody hear two separate guns shooting at the same time in this video near the end?

twitter.com...

Videos on twitter.

I didn't look at that video but on the live link there are definitely are at least 2 ...!

Also, with unsurpressed auto weapons which are close, 100ft +/-50....

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

so isis was claiming responsibility...even if they didn't...they are probably really happy one of our own did this

his dad was a colorful character...some 50 some years ago he was a bank robber went to jail in las vegas...at some point he broke out and was on the fbi most wanted list....he was caught 10 years later....he is deceased now

link   

to be honest, I find either version more believable than a 60+ year old man born and raised in texas recently converted to islam, became radicalized to the point where he did this kind of thing.

He doesn't seem to be a Texan.

Lived there 8 years starting in 2004.

Mr. Paddock spent several years living in Mesquite, Tex., an eastern suburb of Dallas. From 2004 and 2012, Mr. Paddock was associated with several properties in the city and had a Texas driver’s license that has now expired, according to a spokesman for the Mesquite police department.

www.nytimes.com...

link   

originally posted by: Komodo

Does anybody hear two separate guns shooting at the same time in this video near the end?

twitter.com...

Videos on twitter.

I didn't look at that video but on the live link there are definitely are at least 2 ...!

There's not sounds of 2 guns firing at the same time.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yeah, the movie plot is too far-fetched... I agree there. But this is a conspiracy site...

The guy was dropping a ton of cash lately and had all those guns in his room... but did he pull the trigger(s)? Is it possible that he was paid to deliver the guns, only to find out at the last moment that he was being set up? That would explain the guns, the extravagance, the planning, the cameras, the claim of responsibility with no evidence, the brother's response, the timing, the positioning...

TheRedneck

If so, then what was the motive for the set-up?

So arms deal façade as a reason to load the room with guns. Kill him like it was suicide. Then open up on the crowd. Escape before police arrive and hunker down in nearby room as a panicked hotel guest.

The question would still remain, why? If set-up (And I sure think it very far fetched) then what was the motive for the invested effort?

Again..if there is any "reason" (and I am not sure there is) there might be a clue in the first person that was shot.

An even better question is, if it was an arms deal, why did none of the dealers make off with the arms?

The façade of an arms deal, not a real one. The guns would be left as props for the set up and part of the expense.

Again..Not what I think happened, but filling out the very far fetched possibilities.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: Dragoon01

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I would argue that it could be a sudden act of madness. Just look at Charles Whitman. He carried a footlocker full of guns and ammo up to the top of University of Texas bell tower and fired in to a crowd more

But for the fact that he had an arsenal, it's not exactly "sudden."

10 guns is just the start of a good collection, it hardly constitutes an "arsenal".

People are assuming that the guns were full auto. I have not seen anything that confirms that at all. The videos of the shooting are making people assume that they were full auto, but I suspect that the sounds from the shots are echoing and that they may have even been caught on the various microphones on stage and that is causing people to think that the rate of fire was higher than it was. You can fire off a lot of rounds in semi auto and when shooting into a crowd its no surprise that you would hit a lot of people.

But 58 dead and 500+ injured? Most people seem to think, people in the know that is, that these were high velocity rounds full auto, right?
Or is that not the case, because I have less than no clue about weapons to be fair. They sound atrocious though, ripping the air and the concrete.

Most rifles at that range are still high velocity. Like I said people are hearing the videos and they are assuming full auto. A good semi auto with a 75 round drum magazine can fire off as fast as you can pull the trigger. When you are not aiming (firing into a mass of people) you could just pull the trigger as fast as possible.

The police reported 10 guns. Again that's not a lot, but in all honesty the number of guns is not relevant unless he fired all of them. One gun or ten he could have fired off 200 rounds into the crowd. I think firing that many rounds into a crowd of 20,000 people he would honestly have to try to miss people to NOT hit someone. I think it would surprise me if he fired 200 rounds (I am speculating on that number BTW) and didn't manage to hit 100 to 150 people. Most would survive. The remaining injuries would be from people fleeing. That would not surprise me at all. with a semi auto you could fire that many rounds in about 3 to 4 minutes, with very little training or experience.
He could have been using specialty ammo that is designed to penetrate hard targets so it tends to go right through people like an ice pick. Could have hit more than one person with a single shot and still tore up the pavement.
That distance is about 300 yards from what they say on the TV. I can confirm that more or less as I have been through that area on a couple of occasions. At 300 yards the potential rifles he could have used (an AR or AK) are still going to be traveling between 2500 and 3000 feet per second.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: Kandinsky

read an article that said he was gambling huge amounts in recent days too. Apparently his bank accounts show sums in the thousands going in and out. For all we know, he'd racked up an unmanageable gambling debt with someone and went postal under the stress.

From what I've read, that seems to be the most likely explanation—so far.

Maybe he was gambling all his money because he knew he could not take it with him.

With him where?

"Might as well gamble it away before I shoot up a concert and then kill myself." Makes sense.

Im not sure how any of it can make sense. But if you were in Vegas to do this why not gamble it all away before you go?

Who knows maybe some idiot split 10s and he just went crazy.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Found this at the NASA website.

Steve Paddock, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.

So there's the NASA connection to go with the pink NASA shirt. His Lockheed Martin background and pilots license had his smelling like an aeronautics kind of dude.

Now watch we find out he participated in some DARPA cognitive mental something or other study at some point...

link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: Komodo

yes

no active shooter now

Wait- shooter...what about the other (s)?!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Konduit
Found this at the NASA website.

Steve Paddock, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.

What a heart breaker, no words

Is that him?

I have no idea

link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Shooting in Las Vegas is again another attempt by the left wing and the Eurogarchs with ISIS's help, against the 1st and 2nd amendment. The Eurogarchs are desperate and search for provocations and chaos to drag the US into a war against North Korea.

Beg pardon? This makes no sense whatsoever to me.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Komodo

twitter.com...

Videos on twitter.

There's not sounds of 2 guns firing at the same time.

BS THERE'S NOT!!

edit on 2-10-2017 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

so isis was claiming responsibility...even if they didn't...they are probably really happy one of our own did this

ISIS has falsely taken credit for mass shootings before. Them taking credit does not mean anything.

his dad was a colorful character...some 50 some years ago he was a bank robber went to jail in las vegas...at some point he broke out and was on the fbi most wanted list....he was caught 10 years later....he is deceased now

yep...not sure what to do with that factum.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I see one of two possible motives:

Someone wanted to instill terror (ISIS et al)

or

Someone had a political agenda and needed a disaster to push it.

If it's the latter, their true motive will be uncovered soon through the MSM response to this.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just seeing how quickly CNN posted this, really makes me question his political motives even more.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just heard one of my daughter's girlfriends was at the concert last night with her boyfriend.
She is okay, but her BF is still missing.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Well that sucks.

Well, I imagine the fbi and law enforcement will be pouring over any video evidence available.

Though if one believes this is a false flag, that is of little comfort.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Kandinsky

read an article that said he was gambling huge amounts in recent days too. Apparently his bank accounts show sums in the thousands going in and out. For all we know, he'd racked up an unmanageable gambling debt with someone and went postal under the stress.

From what I've read, that seems to be the most likely explanation—so far.

Maybe he was gambling all his money because he knew he could not take it with him.

With him where?

"Might as well gamble it away before I shoot up a concert and then kill myself." Makes sense.

Im not sure how any of it can make sense. But if you were in Vegas to do this why not gamble it all away before you go?

That's why I said that angle makes sense, also. That wasn't sarcasm.

Or he was trying to get back in the green after having gone red, but kept going deeper and deeper red, and then, out of desperation, "went postal."

Who knows.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just heard one of my daughter's girlfriends was at the concert last night with her boyfriend.

Sorry to hear that, hope he's ok.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Oh no! That's tough.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join