It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Audio of LVPD getting eyes on the shooter and breaching the room's door. Appears they were able to determine he was down prior to breaching.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus
The sheriff just said he thinks it was the actions of a psychopath.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

But then there's a problem with his planning... had he opened fire a little sooner, there would have been more people there. The concert was winding down and several performers and fans had already left.

Perhaps the idea was that by waiting for some people to leave the concert the hotel would be more busy in reception with returning guests or something, more of a general hub-bub in the area, to mask the initial noise and giving more time. Even seconds means a lot of rounds so...

The terrorism one is also the one that seems most likely to me, I am just not sure if this was the guy who pulled the trigger.

Willing and to be honest hoping to be completely wrong on this though.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think you'd need to listen to the CNN eyewitness report and also the other one with ITV in the UK.
There is no shock at all. IF I had not been told by the channels in question. I'd have assumed she was a professional reporter.
It was just a very strange, almost surreal, interview with CNN particularly.
JMO

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: ShawnTBear
Not a lone wolf, mentally ill...etc, call this for what it was, an act of terrorism. Media needs to stop the double standard, when a white person goes on a shooting spree, compared to when a a minority does.

Then what political or religious ideology was he trying to advance?

No message or manifesto from the shooter has been released to the public yet.

We don't know.

He doesn't have to be advancing a political or religious agenda.

According to Nevada law, it is terrorism, regardless:

NRS 202.4415:

h“Act of terrorism” defined.

1.  “Act of terrorism” means any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to:

(a) Cause great bodily harm or death to the general population; or

(b) Cause substantial destruction, contamination or impairment of:

(1) Any building or infrastructure, communications, transportation, utilities or services; or

(2) Any natural resource or the environment.

2.  As used in this section, “coercion” does not include an act of civil disobedience.

1a.

True, though, we neither know intent nor motivation, at this point.

link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
The sheriff just said he thinks it was the actions of a psychopath.

Are you sure that was the Sherriff and not Captain Obvious?

No offense to you personally...Just hoping for more facts.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
OK, been watching, reading, considering...

This could not have been a sudden act of madness. The shooter had 10 guns at least n his suite, long-range rifles, apparently modified to shot fully auto. This was planned. He meant to kill something, and apparently had planned on doing so for some time. It takes time to locate and purchase mod kits for full auto. It takes either time or guts of stainless steel to get that many weapons in a 32nd-floor suite. If he had used guts (openly carrying them in and daring anyone to say anything), someone would have reported it. That leaves time.

He was well-positioned for the concert. He used two positions, meaning even if someone had been able to get in a shot at him, they had only a 50% chance of shooting in his vicinity. The windows were not close together; they gave two completely different angles. That was a planned attack.

But then there's a problem with his planning... had he opened fire a little sooner, there would have been more people there. The concert was winding down and several performers and fans had already left.

That sort of takes away the money issue. If he had snapped over gambling debts, e would likely not have had the presence of mind and patience to arm himself so well, prepare his vantage points, and fire at a concert that just happened to be in perfect range of his attack. It might be possible that he was upset over his girlfriend breaking up with him, but the same argument applies to a lesser extent. He would likely have snapped at a less opportune time and with less preparation.

This had to be planned, and money obviously wasn't an issue... romance likely wasn't an issue... there had to be something causing extreme, general hatred. Racism/sexism/homophobia/xenophobia? No, he targeted a general crowd. Political? It doesn't seem so according to his brother. I'm running out of potential reasons save for one.

Terrorism, a'la conversion to ISIS. They have already claimed responsibility. The FBI may be playing that down, but the FBI wasn't the ones who stockpiled weaponry in a hotel room overlooking a concert arena, opened up multiple vantage points, and began sweeping the crowd. There's no other explanation that makes any sense whatsoever.

TheRedneck

Except or one: MkUltra/Manchurian/controlled/psyop

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There is a book very popular in the pro gun community that has a situation similar to this.
A criminal covert group of ATF agents frame a disabled vet for a shooting at a major outdoor event.
They drug him up and place him at the scene of the shooting. They set up a rifle that fires for a long range at random into a stadium filled with fans. Many more people are killed in the crush of people fleeing than are shot.

Now this even could very well be something similar. A major outdoor event. What if some group wanted to cause problems. They case this hotel for some time following and identifying some people that are frequent guests.
They determine that this guy is their best target. So they watch for him to book a room. They arrange for his room to be at that location within the hotel (after they find out he books the room they have someone call the hotel and pretend to be him requesting a specific room). Then on sunday they break into his room. They confine him and set up their gear. They could even send someone to his house to break in and bring his guns to the hotel. They do the shooting, then shoot him and escape in the confusion of the aftermath.

link   

I'm typing what is on the local news.
Calm down.

link   

Well, the investigation is still young... but your points do have merit.

I even considered maybe ISIS was blackmailing him, but I cannot fathom anyone being that susceptible to blackmail to sweep a crowd with automatic gunfire for a prolonged period. Maybe I'm just not depraved enough?

What do you see as the likely probability?

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would argue that it could be a sudden act of madness. Just look at Charles Whitman. He carried a footlocker full of guns and ammo up to the top of University of Texas bell tower and fired in to a crowd more or less on an impulse. On the morning of the act he killed his wife and mother, cashed $250 worth of bad checks, bought guns and ammo from a number of different stores, and sawed off the barrel and stock of a shotgun all before heading to the campus. It turns out the cause behind this violent outburst was a small tumor in his brain.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You're very focused on the conspiracy candidates.
The lady on the higher floor on cnn, and the guy who's back you see called steve.

Interesting.
edit on 2-10-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
So.. who can sum up these 72 pages for me?

I'm kind of late to the party.

I guess nobody can. By the time I've read one page, there's at least two more added. By the time you've read 72 pages, I bet there will be at least +72 more pages to read. Good luck!

link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I've never been a big believer in the concept of psyop... but in this case, I can't discount it.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I would argue that it could be a sudden act of madness. Just look at Charles Whitman. He carried a footlocker full of guns and ammo up to the top of University of Texas bell tower and fired in to a crowd more

But for the fact that he had an arsenal, it's not exactly "sudden."

link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: TheRedneck
OK, been watching, reading, considering...

This could not have been a sudden act of madness. The shooter had 10 guns at least n his suite, long-range rifles, apparently modified to shot fully auto. This was planned. He meant to kill something, and apparently had planned on doing so for some time. It takes time to locate and purchase mod kits for full auto. It takes either time or guts of stainless steel to get that many weapons in a 32nd-floor suite. If he had used guts (openly carrying them in and daring anyone to say anything), someone would have reported it. That leaves time.

He was well-positioned for the concert. He used two positions, meaning even if someone had been able to get in a shot at him, they had only a 50% chance of shooting in his vicinity. The windows were not close together; they gave two completely different angles. That was a planned attack.

That sort of takes away the money issue. If he had snapped over gambling debts, e would likely not have had the presence of mind and patience to arm himself so well, prepare his vantage points, and fire at a concert that just happened to be in perfect range of his attack. It might be possible that he was upset over his girlfriend breaking up with him, but the same argument applies to a lesser extent. He would likely have snapped at a less opportune time and with less preparation.

This had to be planned, and money obviously wasn't an issue... romance likely wasn't an issue... there had to be something causing extreme, general hatred. Racism/sexism/homophobia/xenophobia? No, he targeted a general crowd. Political? It doesn't seem so according to his brother. I'm running out of potential reasons save for one.

Terrorism, a'la conversion to ISIS. They have already claimed responsibility. The FBI may be playing that down, but the FBI wasn't the ones who stockpiled weaponry in a hotel room overlooking a concert arena, opened up multiple vantage points, and began sweeping the crowd. There's no other explanation that makes any sense whatsoever.

TheRedneck

Except or one: MkUltra/Manchurian/controlled/psyop

Or, third option, guy lost his mind and did some nefarious # before he offed himself.

link   
I'm guessing the guy was probably a conspiracy nut...had a Superman logo tattoo on his left arm...and, ironically, followed a guy who posts videos about 'False Flags'.

He probably became unhinged because he broke up with his girlfriend.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Had they broken up? Is that confirmed, it was a first thought for me TBH.
edit on 2-10-2017 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Shock isn't always conveyed in tone of voice. As I said, if you believe some supposed conspirators could make the mistake about how many floors the hotel has, surely a witness could.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: IAMTAT

Had they broken up? Is that confirmed, it was a first thought for me TBH.

Speculation, on my part.

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join