It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux
a reply to: face23785

I wasn't thinking second shooter. I was just wondering if the use of tripods would be to keep firing, or to fire from different angles. I can see both possibilities. I've never used tripods for shooting so I'm trying to get an understanding of their use. Other than for stability I should add.

The use of tripods would be to make your shots more accurate.

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Looks like several directions:

link   

That picture answers my multiple platforms question.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Honestly sometimes when I start posting on ATS I get the feeling that there are vultures circling who are just waiting attack soon as they see a opening.

Don't feel like a victim

You made the claim that white men committ most mass shootimgs, then you posted evidence that showed that was not the case, and I pointed it out.

Rather you are trying to push a narrative or debunk one, you should at least be consistent with your claims.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The one on the far left I can't really tell what he's doing without seeing a bigger pic.

Right click/open in new tab. Then scale it up or down, it is a biggish pic.

Thanks, I didn't know you could do that.

None of them appear to be aiming.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I find the concept of 2 shooting platforms for 1 shooter to be a bit questionable.

Hopefully we get more(and better) info as this gets pieced together.

Why would it be questionable? Obviously this was well-planned. At some point he figured out that after he shot a certain direction for long enough people would flee so he would have to fire a different direction.

Ever go on a rampage in GTA? How often do you only shoot in 1 direction?

How many directions do the windows in that room face? I'm guessing they are pretty much all in the same direction. Given the elevation and distance to his targets. Moving 12 feet to the left or right has little to no effect on field of view.

Here you can see the fields of view from these 2 windows would be quite different. They are pretty far apart, so he either rented a large suite or he rented 2 adjacent rooms that had those little doors you can go between rooms without going out in the hall. Having been to Vegas (someone correct me if I'm wrong here), the suites tend to be high up in the hotel so you get a nice view for your money, so I'd guess it's one large suite. Obviously the guy didn't have to worry about how much it cost to get that suite.

Great, thanks for digging that image up. I was having a hard time with envisioning it. What little I've seen on the news(the 10 minutes I watched this morning) seemed to show overhead views with arrows. When pointing at the hotel, the arrow pointed to the center of the curvature. I had assumed this was pointing to the room, as opposed to it apparently just pointing to the hotel in general.
edit on 2-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

link   

I've had large suites at Mandalay Bay many times.
The windows (floor-to-ceiling) can span several rooms.

link   

I find the concept of 2 shooting platforms for 1 shooter to be a bit questionable.

Why would it be questionable? Obviously this was well-planned. At some point he figured out that after he shot a certain direction for long enough people would flee so he would have to fire a different direction.

How many directions do the windows in that room face? I'm guessing they are pretty much all in the same direction. Given the elevation and distance to his targets. Moving 12 feet to the left or right has little to no effect on field of view.

They're not in the same direction. I'll see if I can find a pic, but it's been shown on the news a bunch of times.

You're right, the windows, 'overlook' two different parts of the venue. The guy interviewed I just heard on CNN stated that the first shooting direction was towards the stage, then a a break, giving people time to flee towards the entrance. Then the second volley was directed from the second window towards the entrance, causing all the fleeing people to turn around and run back in the other direction. He was evidently containing them inside the venue with directed fires, not just 'spraying' randomly.

I also heard two different witnesses describe (best guess) the shooting went on for at least "ten minutes'.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

Firing that many rounds from a single weapon would cause extreme heat and potential failure after a few minutes. It's possible that 2 stations were set up to alternate weapons, allowing one to cool, while still being able to continue shooting with the other.

link   
So did this guy know James Hodgkinson? Same age and affiliations it seems that are coming out.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Stephen Paddock at an Anti-Trump Protest?

Fixed your code. Now lets see...

Unfortunately he looks like a million other old fat white guys. Give me a few years and I'll probably look like that as well.

I think without having someone who knew he was there, confirm that it was him, it's just... an old fat white guy who looks like another old fat white guy.

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This vid came to surface extremely fast...We just learned his identity like what 3 hours ago??

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why do you constantly have to bring up Muslims in almost every thread? Even when no-one else mentions them? Its getting very wearing you know and I really think for someone who calls themselves Enlightened you're dong the enlightened folks a dis-service!

Back to the topic however and as an outsider, the sheer amount of information and speed at which its become available and hit the papers is staggering. From the information gathered at this "perps" scene (hotel room) this was not a random attack nor a sudden psychotic break, but a well planned thought out operation.

From the videos I've listened to and seen it doesn't appear to me untrained as I am, to be only one shooter either. Very odd and very very sad. So many families destroyed

edit on 2-10-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I didn't really "dig" anything up. I googled "las vegas shooter window" and clicked on images and it was right there.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Could be nothing but the guy Paddock worked for the predecessor to Lockheed Martin in the 1980's.

Bottom of the article.
www.foxnews.com...

"He had also worked for a predecessor of Lockheed Martin in the late 1980s, and the company is assisting authorities in the investigation, 8 News Now reported." ~article

Still not a lot known about #lasvegasshooting suspect Stephen Paddock but former employer @LockheedMartin has given statement t.co...

edit on 2-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I didn't really "dig" anything up. I googled "las vegas shooter window" and clicked on images and it was right there.

I googled las vegas shooting hotel room, obviously generated news stories, never thought to click on images.

Either way, you responded, and provided contextual information in a timely manner, so thanks.

edit on 2-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They're not in the same direction. I'll see if I can find a pic, but it's been shown on the news a bunch of times.

You're right, the windows, 'overlook' two different parts of the venue. The guy interviewed I just heard on CNN stated that the first shooting direction was towards the stage, then a a break, giving people time to flee towards the entrance. Then the second volley was directed from the second window towards the entrance, causing all the fleeing people to turn around and run back in the other direction. He was evidently containing them inside the venue with directed fires, not just 'spraying' randomly.

I also heard two different witnesses describe (best guess) the shooting went on for at least "ten minutes'.

I have MSNBC on right now so I didn't hear that, thanks. Sounds to me it's entirely consistent with 1 shooter. If there were 2 shooters you'd have shots coming form both windows at the same time. All evidence and statements so far point to he was going back and forth between the 2 windows.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I dont feel like further clusterF'ng my image folder with this idiot, but look at the woman next to him and him and tell me that doesnt look like it might just be him and "Marilou' or however yous spell her name.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Did the news ever mention what room he was in, I've only seen 32nd floor.

We're extrapolating from the positions of the broken windows and the news that there were two firing platforms set up in the room. It's not up there with the 100% certainties, but it's at least 87%

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
MSNBC was just interviewing the guy's brother and this scumbag reporter asked him "how does this affect you?"

The guy was incredulous, to say the least.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join