It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I think he could have done a lot of damage even with a semiautomatic one? If he pulled the trigger fast enough. I'm not a gun expert, so I might be wrong, but I used to shoot an assault rifle.
edit on 2-10-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread yet, been following other things at moment. I did want to post this though in case it hasn't been yet.

This came up pretty early on Twitter. It was from a series of photos that the BBC NEWS posted from the shooting. All the other pictures looked like what you would expect, but I found this one pretty curious. Kind of stuck out like a sore thumb really. I wasn't the only one to think that either. Thought I better save it just in case.

You should be able to find it by going back to BBC earlier reports. I didn't save the link at the time. It was probably around 8:30 maybe?

Anyhow, is there something really wrong with this picture or is it just me? I did resize it just so it would post here, but that's it.

The police are aiming the wrong way for a start. Or is the Mandalay in multiple buildings? I have no clue.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Grambler
Trumps speech did not politicize anything.

Calls for unity and giving sympathies.

It was a good moment for him, a solid and comforting voice of leadership.

For those who say that "He's not my President", his words fell on deaf ears.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I think he could have done a lot of damage even with a semiautomatic one? If he pulled the trigger fast enough. I'm not a gun expert, so I might be wrong, but I used to shoot an assault rifle.

He absolutely could have. AR15s have relatively small amounts of kick, you can burn through a 30-round mag very fast. You could learn to change mags in under a second over the course of an afternoon.

link   
The MSM is trying so hard to outdo each other with sensational headlines, that to this very moment, I don't know how many were murdered last night. When I went to bed, it was 100.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I agree, that's why I said none of it matters much. Knowing what we know now and looking at the picture, does make it seem odd, but there is no way to know what they knew or were doing at that moment.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The police are aiming the wrong way for a start. Or is the Mandalay in multiple buildings? I have no clue.

Its possible they didnt know where the shooter was at / how many shooters there were when that image was taken.

Here is the area in question.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: onehuman
I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread yet, been following other things at moment. I did want to post this though in case it hasn't been yet.

This came up pretty early on Twitter. It was from a series of photos that the BBC NEWS posted from the shooting. All the other pictures looked like what you would expect, but I found this one pretty curious. Kind of stuck out like a sore thumb really. I wasn't the only one to think that either. Thought I better save it just in case.

You should be able to find it by going back to BBC earlier reports. I didn't save the link at the time. It was probably around 8:30 maybe?

Anyhow, is there something really wrong with this picture or is it just me? I did resize it just so it would post here, but that's it.

They don't appear to be aiming. Nothingburger.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I agree. The facts are still blurry at this point so anything I s possible.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: face23785

well this is a depressing statistic.

According to the Gun Violence Watch this is the 273rd mass shooting in Vegas alone this year, a mass shooting being defined as four or more people being killed in the same location.

If that does not scream that there is a bit of a problem with gun violence in America I don't now what will.

That number doesn't sound right. Not saying you're lying, but I think there may be some confusion. Got a link?

sorry I double checked 273rd in the States this year not just Vegas my bad!

It would be nice if they noted how many are gang violence committed by career criminals with illegally possessed weapons, for context. But who wants that?

Link

The list loads of stats around gun violence, its interesting reading.

Perhaps you ought to get your facts straight.

You first claimed most mass shootings in the US were from young white men, now you are posting stats discussing gang violence having so many mass shootings, which would not be mostly young white men as you claimed earlier.

Perhaps avoid the gun baiting rhetoric that mods as mods asked, as it is making you seem irrational and like you are pushing an agenda.

link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

What concerns me most in this shot is those unarmed, unarmoured citizens standing near the cop car. No matter which way the fire was coming from, none of them were being protected in the least.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The MSM is trying so hard to outdo each other with sensational headlines, that to this very moment, I don't know how many were murdered last night. When I went to bed, it was 100.

Right now it's 50+ dead, 400+ injured. Unknown how many are from gunshots. Someone pointed out earlier it's entirely possible some were injured or even killed in the panic. The gunman is still responsible for all those casualties.

link   

Full, Semi, hijacked garbage truck, improvised explosives. All would have done just as much(possibly more) damage.

It's all in the intent and sadly drive of the killer.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The first shots, how come no one in the hotel even heard or reported the shots coming from that floor?

Highly doubt ISIS is responsible, but could be, since the guy was dead in the hotel room, and possible the shooters escaped before swat came in.

I'm finding it hard to believe that a 64 yr old lone gunman did all that damage. Psyop, or really is ISIS and the group of people who killed the 64 yr old guy in the hotel room. IDK.

My thoughts to the families involved.

I'm upset that it had to ruin Aldeans best new song. grr. That's a good song.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: UKTruth

So if it turns out he's a member of the NRA you believe that organization should be thoroughly investigated?

I guess, why not?

But come on, surely you can see the difference.

Groups like white sumpremacists, isis, etc. use violence to achieve their means. It would make sense to look into those groups to find accomplices or motive because those groups have a history of hate and violence.

I don't think looking into Sam's club of he has a membership will be quite the same, but why not, leave no stone unturned.

Don't forget Bernie supporters. They have proved very capable of this kind of violence. Just ask a few Republican congressmen that enjoy baseball.

link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

The pic is so fake looking!

Is there a link to the initial BBC posting?

edit on 2-10-2017 by Doxanoxa because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
The first shots, how come no one in the hotel even heard or reported the shots coming from that floor?

Highly doubt ISIS is responsible, but could be, since the guy was dead in the hotel room, and possible the shooters escaped before swat came in.

I'm finding it hard to believe that a 64 yr old lone gunman did all that damage. Psyop, or really is ISIS and the group of people who killed the 64 yr old guy in the hotel room. IDK.

My thoughts to the families involved.

I'm upset that it had to ruin Aldeans best new song. grr. That's a good song.

His age doesn't preclude the possibility in any way.

Who says no one in the hotel reported shots? Odds are the police received dozens of calls.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

He absolutely could have. AR15s have relatively small amounts of kick, you can burn through a 30-round mag very fast. You could learn to change mags in under a second over the course of an afternoon.

Could haves are not facts do you know this guy and his physical abilities? Hell I shoot 3-4 times a week and can't change a mag in under a second and I'm almost half Stephen Paddock age.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

Are you guys attempting to make judgements on this event based on what you see in one single photograph?

Seriously?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes, I imagine there was a lot of confusion indeed.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join