It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: face23785
President speaking live now.

I just figured out the ISIS claim - MEDIA SET UP.
The President is about to speak - they are trying to bait him into mentioning ISIS.

Normally I would disagree with you on that but actually it could be accurate.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Gaspode
Although this article was posted 5 hours ago.

Las Vegas authorities were already on high alert before the shooting attack on the city's famous strip on Sunday night that left at least 20 people dead at the Route 91 Festival, after the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) released a propaganda video earlier this year showing footage of the site.

The 44-minute-long video released in May showed footage of the Las Vegas strip from 2015, calling on its supporters to conduct attacks with knives and vehicles, everyday weapons that its supporters have already used many times in the West over the past several years. The footage also showed New York City and Washington, D.C.

Bold mine.
Might be more to it. (And maybe more to come?)
Stay safe!

Well there is the questions of the weapons, what kind, how'd he get them, how much, legal/illegal etc.

Then, would he need help to get them and would he need help to get set up, financially.

He had the room since Thursday and would he know that was a tactical position, was he ex military, did he have help planning it.

Also needed the right weapons to do that damage, did he know.

Who else was involved.

According to Daily Mail, the 64 year old shooter was a pilot and hunting enthusiast. I would assume he understood and was experienced with guns. He also owned a pretty nice home 90 minutes away in Mesquite.

Who was the shooter? -DailyMail

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Trumps speech did not politicize anything.

Calls for unity and giving sympathies.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
well this is a depressing statistic.

According to the Gun Violence Watch this is the 273rd mass shooting in Vegas alone this year, a mass shooting being defined as four or more people being killed in the same location.

If that does not scream that there is a bit of a problem with gun violence in America I don't now what will.

That number doesn't sound right. Not saying you're lying, but I think there may be some confusion. Got a link?

link   

According to the Gun Violence Watch this is the 273rd mass shooting in Vegas alone this year, a mass shooting being defined as four or more people being killed in the same location.

If that does not scream that there is a bit of a problem with gun violence in America I don't now what will.

FYI already a warning in the thread about debating Gun violence, or gun laws in America.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux
The duel shooting platforms still confused me. Would it be normal for one shooter to do this?

From the pictures, it appears that the room was against a slight "edge", so one part of the wall was facing in a slightly different direction. A window is broken out on each face. Having the two positions means he could easily switch to cover quite a wide arc around his position.

Perhaps he wasn't expecting to be located so quickly and was hoping to attack first responders heading to the location along the road? From a cursory examination, it looks like the second platform would have given good coverage of the road approaching the venue.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So if it turns out he's a member of the NRA you believe that organization should be thoroughly investigated?

link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Las Vegas shooting: 'YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE' – SHOCK WARNING 45 minutes before attack A LAS VEGAS shooting witness was reportedly warned that everyone at the Route 91 music festival was “going to die” 45 minutes before the attack near the Mandalay Bay
www.express.co.uk...

This is very strange. Premonition?

There seem to be halves here.

Stephen Paddock Age 64, shooting from 32nd floor.
Route 91, 45 min before attack.

With 50 dead, there might be a 100 or 25 in here somewhere.

This stinks of MKUltra especially if he was ex-military. Especially if a second attack occurs very soon.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Wait for it......

link   

Yeah - he avoided any mines. Pretty on point address, actually.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It was a good moment for him, a solid and comforting voice of leadership.

link   

That number doesn't sound right. Not saying you're lying, but I think there may be some confusion. Got a link?

sorry I double checked 273rd in the States this year not just Vegas my bad!

link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

You cant get machine guns but you can buy the below . Just wow.

You sure can and to add with a 80% milled lower you have a sudo automatic asualt rifles. I'm just throwing out hypos at this point I'm still lost and confused as to why.

You can indeed get machine guns too, it's just very expensive. However, with the time and tactical advantage the guy had, he could've done just as much damage with an unmodified semi-auto rifle.

Could haves are not facts.

The fire rates of known semi-auto weapons, however, are facts. Someone with a moderate amount of training and high capacity magazines could hit 500 people from that position in a few minutes.

link   
a reply to: opethPA

Not speaking for onehuman, but the picture is kind of odd. Aside from the obvious guys standing out in the open on either side of the car, while the uniformed officers take cover, there is something else that could seem odd as well. Notice where the one officer is targeting his weapon. He is focusing on an area in the opposite direction of the shooter's gunfire/location.

Not that any of this means much, but it does make for an odd picture.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So if it turns out he's a member of the NRA you believe that organization should be thoroughly investigated?

Absolutely. All avenues should be investigated. The investigation should make 100% sure there is no group funding or planning these attacks.
edit on 2/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It would be nice if they noted how many are gang violence committed by career criminals with illegally possessed weapons, for context. But who wants that?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread yet, been following other things at moment. I did want to post this though in case it hasn't been yet.

This came up pretty early on Twitter. It was from a series of photos that the BBC NEWS posted from the shooting. All the other pictures looked like what you would expect, but I found this one pretty curious. Kind of stuck out like a sore thumb really. I wasn't the only one to think that either. Thought I better save it just in case.

You should be able to find it by going back to BBC earlier reports. I didn't save the link at the time. It was probably around 8:30 maybe?

Anyhow, is there something really wrong with this picture or is it just me? I did resize it just so it would post here, but that's it.

Totally, photoshopped. lol, everyone is taking cover but those guys. I was thinking the same thing about this picture. The one with is phone it looks, looks like he's not even concerned of an active shooter.

link   

originally posted by: esteay812
a reply to: opethPA

Not speaking for onehuman, but the picture is kind of odd. Aside from the obvious guys standing out in the open on either side of the car, while the uniformed officers take cover, there is something else that could seem odd as well. Notice where the one officer is targeting his weapon. He is focusing on an area in the opposite direction of the shooter's gunfire/location.

Not that any of this means much, but it does make for an odd picture.

It is entirely possible that photo was taken before they knew where the shooter was at not to mention the number of shooters.
edit on 2-10-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

It would be nice if they noted how many are gang violence committed by career criminals with illegally possessed weapons, for context. But who wants that?

Link

The list loads of stats around gun violence, its interesting reading.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I guess, why not?

But come on, surely you can see the difference.

Groups like white sumpremacists, isis, etc. use violence to achieve their means. It would make sense to look into those groups to find accomplices or motive because those groups have a history of hate and violence.

I don't think looking into Sam's club of he has a membership will be quite the same, but why not, leave no stone unturned.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join