It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaspode
Although this article was posted 5 hours ago.

Las Vegas authorities were already on high alert before the shooting attack on the city's famous strip on Sunday night that left at least 20 people dead at the Route 91 Festival, after the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) released a propaganda video earlier this year showing footage of the site.

The 44-minute-long video released in May showed footage of the Las Vegas strip from 2015, calling on its supporters to conduct attacks with knives and vehicles, everyday weapons that its supporters have already used many times in the West over the past several years. The footage also showed New York City and Washington, D.C.

Bold mine.
Might be more to it. (And maybe more to come?)
Stay safe!

Well there is the questions of the weapons, what kind, how'd he get them, how much, legal/illegal etc.

Then, would he need help to get them and would he need help to get set up, financially.

He had the room since Thursday and would he know that was a tactical position, was he ex military, did he have help planning it.

Also needed the right weapons to do that damage, did he know.

Who else was involved.

edit on 10 2 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

You cant get machine guns but you can buy the below . Just wow.

You sure can and to add with a 80% milled lower you have a sudo automatic asualt rifles. I'm just throwing out hypos at this point I'm still lost and confused as to why.

You can indeed get machine guns too, it's just very expensive. However, with the time and tactical advantage the guy had, he could've done just as much damage with an unmodified semi-auto rifle.

Could haves are not facts.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Grambler
Fox news saying Isis claimed responsibility.

I truly, sincerely, hope that is not true, because if it is then ISIS will show they can radicalise just about anyone.

It's more that a lot of people, especially traumatized people or people that have some sort of untreated mental illness or are bullied/abused... are vulnerable to radicalization of any sort (Islamic, Christian, right/left etc).

link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Maybe we could use known techniques for providing insights into issues overloaded with prejudice, bigotry, and superstitions. Maybe we could use say "science" to figure out what is causing the violence. We already have laws against murder.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I see a lot of folks claiming that ISIS often claims responsibility for attacks that have nothing to do with them. Could someone please cite some instances of this? Serious question.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread yet, been following other things at moment. I did want to post this though in case it hasn't been yet.

This came up pretty early on Twitter. It was from a series of photos that the BBC NEWS posted from the shooting. All the other pictures looked like what you would expect, but I found this one pretty curious. Kind of stuck out like a sore thumb really. I wasn't the only one to think that either. Thought I better save it just in case.

You should be able to find it by going back to BBC earlier reports. I didn't save the link at the time. It was probably around 8:30 maybe?

Anyhow, is there something really wrong with this picture or is it just me? I did resize it just so it would post here, but that's it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

One idiot standing out in the open with his phone while everyone else is taking cover?

Seems pretty normal to me.

link   

originally posted by: Bridge_Boy
nypost.com...

I smell major bullsh!t with this one

Agreed, and that also leads me to question what the hell is going on with this. There have been a few police inconsistencies/oddities and now this being pushed by the media???? The media should be verifying this stuff before spewing it out.

link   
I don't believe ISIS claiming it means much.

Isis are claiming responsibility for acts they didn’t commit-
Some of their claims

link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
a reply to: hutch622
I am following news coverage on german tv. There was a gun "expert"(don´t know where all these "experts" suddenly come from, if something happens...) talking about a M-60. I never heared a M-60 live, just in docs or games like Arma3, but wouldn´t a M-60 sound different than what i heard in the videos?

There have been various groups comparing known audio against the various audio captures from the incident. One of the more common suggestions is the RPD, more likely belt-fed than drum-fed. This is based on the sound and the rhythm of the shots. There are many other possibilities but I don't think I've heard anyone suggest the M60.

Until the police release more info then it's all guesswork. Trying to identify the shots from sound recordings made hundreds of feet away seems like a bit of a futile exercise to be honest.

link   
ISIS has now taken credit, said he converted months ago.

Also the "wife" had traveled to middle east in 2016. no confirmation as to whether he had or not.

ISIS claim responsibility- UK daily mail article
edit on 2-10-2017 by ChrisM101 because: link

link   
a reply to: onehuman

What is it you find off about that pic?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
President speaking live now.

link   

originally posted by: 2hooitconcerns
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

According to some news agencies he had converted to Islam a month or so ago

I will wait for an official statement before I consider religious beliefs. ISIS claims responsibility but the only one that really knows is dead.

link   
Predictions:

--the perp will be a military veteran

--he will have had a history of run-ins with the local law

--he will have been mentally "treated" and likely have had a prescription for anti-depressants

--there will be large gaps in his timeline that cannot be accounted for

--the FBI will takeover the investigation

--motive will remain murky

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Predictions:

--he will have been mentally "treated" and likely have had a prescription for anti-depressants

So your need to continue your "everything is a conspiracy" narrative is already wrong in at least one of your statements..

link   

originally posted by: starviego
Predictions:

Not saying you are wrong, but currently they are saying he wasn't a vet and was pretty much unknown to local police.

link   

originally posted by: face23785
President speaking live now.

I just figured out the ISIS claim - MEDIA SET UP - at least my theory.
The President is about to speak - they are trying to bait him into mentioning ISIS.
Wonder will he fall for it?
edit on 2/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
well this is a depressing statistic.

According to the Gun Violence Watch this is the 273rd mass shooting in Vegas alone this year, a mass shooting being defined as four or more people being killed in the same location.

If that does not scream that there is a bit of a problem with gun violence in America I don't now what will.

link   
a reply to: starviego

About the only thing you've got right there is the FBI is investigating, which is perfectly normal for a case like this.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join