It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm hearing reports that this guy converted to Islam months ago...and ISIS is claiming responsibility.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Source: Las Vegas shooting: Isis claims responsibility for deadliest gun massacre in US history

Personally I think they're just taking the "credit"...

A statement published by the group's Amaq propaganda agency claimed the attacker was a “soldier of the Islamic State”.
edit on 10/2/17 by Gaspode because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Fox news saying Isis claimed responsibility.

I truly, sincerely, hope that is not true, because if it is then ISIS will show they can radicalise just about anyone.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

That's my thought too.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Just heard that.

Hard to believe, given the details of the shooter. But as we all know, anything seems possible lately.

As the investigation unfolds, however, still doubt that will be the case. The brother's comments alone would cast doubt that this guy had any connection to the likes of ISIS.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I truly, sincerely, hope that is not true, because if it is then ISIS will show they can radicalise just about anyone.

According to them - they make this claim over and over.. but usually no link is ever found.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm hearing reports that this guy converted to Islam months ago...and ISIS is claiming responsibility.

No matter my own personal opinion about the religion...

This just seems to perfect a fit for the situation, my tin foil hat is vibrating.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaspode
Source: Las Vegas shooting: Isis claims responsibility for deadliest gun massacre in US history

Personally I think they're just taking the "credit"...

Like with every other incident that has something to do with violence and death.
Even if it makes absolutely no sense.
Why did they need tha long to claim this time, because of the time shift???

Next IS thing is, they will claim responsibility for hurricanes, earth quakes, volcano eruptions, floodings etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If ISIS is connected to this, and knowing how Trump acts, ISIS is done.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

But when a man associated with Right Wing groups drives a car into a crowd of people he is not representative of those groups and they should bear no responsibility?

The hypocrisy is appalling. Just look at what's happening in this thread now. Nearly 50 pages of people stating this guy is simply a lone wolf and nobody else should be punished for his actions. Then suddenly ISIS claims responsibility and those same people are starting to beat the anti-Muslim drums.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The police also were seeking 2 different vehicles and located them? Have not heard whose vehicles these were and why the police were seeking them? We're they both registered to the shooter? If so, where were they located at? We're they parked or being driven? Is there another suspected accomplice?

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: JinMI

Question . Would it be easy to get ten guns into a hotel in vegas , and , if spotted why no questions raised .

Yes - put them into a large bag and take them in. Bags are not checked and there are no metal detectors.

Being there was a concert in town it wouldn't be hard to get it all past everyone if it's in cases that look like music equipment. The duel shooting platforms still confused me. Would it be normal for one shooter to do this?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

there is a civilian version saw, but its impossible to convert with out major smithing. there are extra parts that are weld that keep the auto military parts / auto from fitting. much easier to buy something else in 5.56.

The overall design of the rifle is identical in every way to the original M249, with the exception of the innards. There are some extra bits that have been welded into the receiver to keep the full-auto parts from fitting in the gun, and the moving pieces are similar in construction to the originals but re-designed to use a moving firing pin instead of the fixed firing pin of the open-bolt full auto gun. The trigger pack has also been re-designed to use a hammer instead of the usual bolt release at the end of the trigger mechanism, but the trigger itself is the exact same as the original.
FN’s Semi-Auto M249: Details, Pricing, and Hands-On

link   
Although this article was posted 5 hours ago.

Las Vegas authorities were already on high alert before the shooting attack on the city's famous strip on Sunday night that left at least 20 people dead at the Route 91 Festival, after the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) released a propaganda video earlier this year showing footage of the site.

The 44-minute-long video released in May showed footage of the Las Vegas strip from 2015, calling on its supporters to conduct attacks with knives and vehicles, everyday weapons that its supporters have already used many times in the West over the past several years. The footage also showed New York City and Washington, D.C.

Bold mine.
Might be more to it. (And maybe more to come?)
Stay safe!

link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
ISIS claiming responsibility. They say he converted to Islam several months ago. They provide no evidence for these claims.

His brother says he knew his brother to have a couple hand guns and maybe one long rifle. He moved him to Vegas and said he would have known. He wonders where the hell he got all the guns.

I think they are full of crap. They make a claim to every shooting or tragedy of note that has occurred in the last few years.

Can you cite some incidents where they falsely claimed responsibility? I honestly can't think of any.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux

Question . Would it be easy to get ten guns into a hotel in vegas , and , if spotted why no questions raised .

Yes - put them into a large bag and take them in. Bags are not checked and there are no metal detectors.

Being there was a concert in town it wouldn't be hard to get it all past everyone if it's in cases that look like music equipment. The duel shooting platforms still confused me. Would it be normal for one shooter to do this?

Fire from one platform..move to the next and fire..

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Xcathdra

The police also were seeking 2 different vehicles and located them? Have not heard whose vehicles these were and why the police were seeking them? We're they both registered to the shooter? If so, where were they located at? We're they parked or being driven? Is there another suspected accomplice?

The only info I saw was make/model of the 2 cars and that they were located. No info (at least that I saw) on who they belonged to or wh6y they were looking for them.

As for other accomplices all law enforcement stated was there was only 1 shooter. they haven't said anything about other persons of interest.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

But when a man associated with Right Wing groups drives a car into a crowd of people he is not representative of those groups and they should bear no responsibility?

The hypocrisy is appalling. Just look at what's happening in this thread now. Nearly 50 pages of people stating this guy is simply a lone wolf and nobody else should be punished for his actions. Then suddenly ISIS claims responsibility and those same people are starting to beat the anti-Muslim drums.

Reread my post. If there was any affiliation at all it should be investigated regardless of the group. The answer to your question was obvious.

As for ISIS, the fact that they have claimed it warrants the discussion, though personally, I don't believe them. If the guy was radicalised months ago there should be some evidence.

link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux

They were facing slightly different directions, so yes it sounds perfectly reasonable that a single shooter might want to fire in 2 directions, especially given the amount of planning that appears went into this attack. There's really no signs of a 2nd shooter.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I am not seeing that at all.

And are you claiming that the protestors at Charlottesville were not blamed for that driver of that car?

Strange, all I heard for a month was about how white supremacists are such a huge threat.

You must have missed that.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join