It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ramgraphicdesigns
Please petition to take away the automatic weapons, you can still have your guns to play with but get rid of the mass killing

tools.

How one man can cause such carnage and put hospitals at capacity with just one AUTOMATIC weapon is horrifying.

condolences to all the victims.

Senseless violence.

That's all am saying.

link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Gothmog

. I challenged you to name a country where firearm control works Cant do it , can you ?

Australia .

Really ? Check again.
At least I am giving you a chance .
And I do feel a little soft-hearted at the moment

List of countries by firearm-related death rate

edit on 10/2/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

link   
Pardon me for not having time to read a 38 page thread right now, but has it been mentioned about the MSM reporting automatic weapons as being 'highly regulated' and 'difficult to get, even on the black market' .
I heard that reported on ABC News this morning, and a coworker told me that they heard the same thing reported on NBC news.

It seems very different from the way they usually report such things. Typically they would say about how easy they are to get and that gun show loopholes allow 8 year old children to buy guns.

link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I am going to guess that you have not visited the US very often.

We have a culture problem in some segments of our society, people that think gang life is a great thing to aspire to. (by the way this is not limited to just one ethnic group)

We have a public education problem in the US, that ties directly to the gang problem in many areas.

We have a family problem in the US, several studies have shown that people join gangs to get that sense of family they do not get at home.

Also we have 200+ years of firearms ownership, how exactly do you plan to get all the guns and keep mexican cartels from shipping guns into the US, because there would be a market and they could make a ton of money off it.

So passing legislation would not accomplish much for a decade at least in a perfect world.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Possible because you are insisting that it's 2+2 when your numbers are actually 2+3?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That is ODD.

The argument is usually "they can be bought in the corner candy store" type.

Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: ARM1968

Did a mod remove your post? That's the only reason you would get shut down.

Help me. No!! Other posters calling for it whilst backing your insane gun laws.

So a mod didn't shut you down but you feel defeated anyway? Could it be because your argument lacks merit OR you don't have enough information on the subject to launch a counter argument?

It's ok to be wrong.

Defeated? Damn but you be clinging to some thin old straws there. The only people being defeated are the dead and dying on your streets due to the sort of ignorance you are so clearly displaying. Perhaps you will tell me the death toll from guns in the ISA so far this year. It cannot be that uncomfortable can it?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Possible because you are insisting that it's 2+2 when your numbers are actually 2+3?

No, definitely said 2+2. Gun lobby appears to be the ones who have difficulty with maths.

link   

Less than tobacco, alcohol, illness and medication abuse.

Nice deflection, again, it's ok to be wrong.

link   

Last average I checked a year or so ago, you had around 11 thousand killed by firearms (homicide or self defense) and about 20 thousand by suicide, in a country of 330+ million people.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Crazy story. 50+ dead and 400 last I checked. I would LOVE to know where this guy(s) got an M249 or equivalent. I have a hard time believing this isn't a false flag of sorts. I didn't read every post, but for those calling for gun bans, fully automatic weapons are strictly regulated. Prayers to those affected by this.

link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

a reply to: BlackSkinhead

Like more laws?

Sorry does that piss you off more than people dying. My bad

Not at all. Pretty sure murder is illegal as well as automatic weapons in most states. I'm not sure how you figure more laws will solve the issue.

Same way the solved it in most of Europe and Australia.

Mad how blind Americans are to the options of loosing their weapons over Saftey of the general public.

If you believe that taking away legal arms will promote safety, I beg you to reconsider that thought.

Perhaps you can explain why it works everywhere else but wouldn’t in the US of A. Until your country has a mass reconsider, which it won’t, you will be greeted by more of this and thousands a year dead for nothing.

Where does it work ? Name the country and I will prove you wrong

You will find exceptions as in all things. If you make something very difficult guess what, it stops being so easy. Stop thinking you personally are under attack. Your whole country is, from the rampant gun infestation. I have no fear of being shot in the UK - none whatsoever.

Just of being stabbed, ran over, etc.

Ok, again for the slow, how many have died in the UK from those things this year compared to gun deaths in just, Washington DC for instance?

I'm not slow. Keep your EU politics out of the USA please. We need to the right to carry for self defense. There are way too many guns in circulation. Completely different situations.

Not EU politics my friend but the politics of humanity. Your justification right there is painful. Take a stand. You cannot seriously be happy with the relentless death toll in your country.

Considering most of those involved in the relentless death toll are armed gang members and own their firearms illegally to begin with ...

Your insistence that banning guns in this country will magically solve that issue are a non-starter.

If you want to solve that one, you have to start working on the inner city culture. However, since inner city culture has also been labeled by too many as African-American culture, to suggest there is a problem with it is now racist.

link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

i was wrong about a hundred feet, i edited my last post. it's 600 for full size, a mini uzi is 300, a mico is 100. there's another if i'm not mistaken but cant remember what it is.

link   
The man was enraged because he was fired from his job, and went "postal".

How many of these types of attacks are there after people are fired or laid off by former employees, guns aren't the issue, the mental health of a person who just lost there job is. There should be mandatory free visits to psychologists for every person that loses there job going forward.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, definitely said 2+2. Gun lobby appears to be the ones who have difficulty with maths.

Dude, I don't even own a gun. I just own a brain.

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: hutch622

. I challenged you to name a country where firearm control works Cant do it , can you ?

Australia .

Really ? Check again.
At least I am giving you a chance .

You aren't doing a good job, in all fairness. Obviously, everywhere there are firearm controls there are still incidences. The reality though is that those incidents are far less likely to occur than in countries where those controls are not in place. You can cherry pick what you want from the data but the fact is that the data supports that view.

This thread possibly isn't the best place for this discussion (what with people still being admitted to hospitals).

link   
a reply to: butcherguy
a reply to: flowerpower691

Rifles are pretty easy to obtain.

Fully automatic ones are not and a person can get one legally but they have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do it.

On the other hand illegally modifying the rifle to full auto is something that can be done if the person knows what they are doing.

link   

In the 18 years to 1996, Australia experienced 13 fatal mass shootings in which 104 victims were killed and at least another 52 were wounded. There have been no fatal mass shootings since that time, with the study defining a mass shooting as having at least five victims.

Your turn

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Cool.

Doesn't mean he isn't.

Converse applies as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Where are you hearing/reading that?

top topics