It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow, so many shooters at that venue now. I think I counted 8 so far if theories and conspiracies here are believed. There are shooters:

• In the room with him
  • In the adjoining hotel room
  • In the lobby of the hotel
  • In other hotels on the strip
  • In the street
  • In the crowd itself
  • On the stage
  • In the towers near the stage

Wow.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If anyone was as curious as I was, I researched some more to understand the room / room combo. According to the MSM - and what people who have stayed in this room before say - this combo is called the "Media Suite". It is the "Vista Suite" with extra sitting room. The pics in the virtual tour for this combo look just like the pics we have seen. EXCEPT for the room number plaque inside the door (as seen on prior youtube videos of same room) is not present in crime scene photos.

www.mandalaybay.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Again, not trying to start a disagreement with anyone. I don't think it makes much difference to the story but just decided to check it out more because the layout was perplexing to me re: the crime photos and the other photos seen...

I do understand most hotels use two-sided double bolts for adjoining rooms but these elite suites don't LOOK to be that way. You can see the adjoining room door in the virtual tour and the videos.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

What about "The Grassy Knoll" .......

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

What about "The Grassy Knoll" .......

Don't you mean "Glassy" knoll in this case?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Good point! They had obviously seen the wires running from the cart and must have thought of booby trap. They had also peeked in through the door (something I had missed until I listened to the playback of the livestream from PD) and seen one down. The livestream dispatcher reports that just prior to the breach. So they knew one subject was down but didn't know if there may have been others waiting for police. Since it was an ad hoc SWAT, so to speak, they probably didn't have those nifty scanners that show movement or body heat within the room.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jacksonsman1
Tropicana now as well...... seems to be highly thought out, possible calling in diversions to split police forces and cause confusion. Wow...

edit to source the information given: The afore-mentioned police scanner hosted by Broadcastify.

Was this ever addressed?

And

originally posted by: RazorV66
Mandalay Bay..32nd floor...room 135...1 suspect down...multiple firearms in room
They are breaching the room next to it right now
All according to the scanner

Just wanted to bring these forward from page 2 of the thread.

Why such shenanigans with the story if they knew this much that early?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, I spent a good deal of time going back to find those posts which claimed to show the door between the two rooms. Turns out the door pictured in the post on page 220 are actually the doors which separate the "living area" from the bedroom as can be seen at about the 20 second mark of this video. www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I just searched Black Hawk International Security. Do the yellow uniforms look the same? It is where Campos apparently worked also.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Thank you. Here is the pic I was referring to.

If you say this is the doorway between the bedroom and the main suite I won't argue (sure doesn't look like it to me, but I won't argue)...but I will say this...

Look at the top of the door frame. See those two small objects sticking down about 8" apart? Those are balanced magnetic alarm contacts. I've seen a million of them. (I actually work around similar devices every day).

So, if the doors are where you say, then I stand corrected. However, if you look at the context of the posts surrounding those pictures I think you may form a different opinion.

In any case, thank you for the page reference! This thread has gotten so huge it's hard to find anything anymore.

ETA...The more I look at them and the layout plaque posted after this post...the more I think you may be correct.

edit on 10/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

With respect, nicevillegrl, 32-135 is NOT a Media Suite, it is a Vista Suite, as stated by multiple sources, and proven with video, and Mandalay Bay sources. It is also stated that Stephen Paddock rented two rooms. Also yes, the crime scene shows TWO ROOM PLAQUES.

I don't see why you are still arguing this. The rooms were separate, and police stated the second door was locked.

That is the end of discussion regarding this.

www.nytimes.com...

He took Suite 32135, one of the hotel’s “Vista” suites, which spread out over 1,700 square feet and offer floor-to-ceiling windows.

edit on 11-10-2017 by 0x6372756d6273 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I am the one that created and uploaded that picture. It was pulled from this video at 0:19. www.youtube.com...

That is not the door that connects the two hotel rooms, that is the door into the bedroom inside of the Vista Suite. Those are not magnetic contact sensors, that is a simple interior latch lock.

The door I am talking about can just hardly be seen in the video at 0:11.

You can also see it in the mid page panorama here:
www.nytimes.com...

Its labeled "Door to the next hotel room".

This is an official floor plan from Mandalay Bay

See the "Room 2" label? The double doors to the left of that label is in the image you just posted. Those definitely don't have sensors on them, because they are in the middle of the room.

The door that SWAT breached is the door labeled "Door to room 32-134". Those doors also do not seem to have any sensors. They lock from both sides.

Why are we even discussing this still? You guys need to get your facts straight.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
On a completely off-topic (but related) theme....

You know, the more I look at this room, the more I think it's kind of a dumpy place. Especially for being such a high-roller "suite". Granted, it is indeed large, but personally it looks pretty dated to me.

I think I'd be pretty disappointed if I was paying 2-3 grand a night for this room!

Off-topic, I know, but just sayin.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

You're going to need to show me some kind of an architectural detail for that device, cuz I've never seen such a thing. (Actually, never mind.)

Anyway, you're probably right, it's a moot point at this point anyway. In fact, just about everything is a moot point now.

Who knows what the real truth is! Hell, we can't even agree on what floor this dude was on, let alone what room he was in...and certainly not what doors he used or didn't. Obviously the authorities have the same issue, else it wouldn't have taken them over an hour to get there!

I'll let it go.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Good thing we don't take every theory and combine them all together, and blindly believe them.

Thanks for that useless comment.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Here is a better picture of the doors you are looking at.

This is the door to the bedroom inside the Vista Suite. It is not the door to the other hotel room.

See how the door handles do not have their own tubular latch? The only way to lock it is with the latch above it, the square thing that has no key. That is called a "privacy pocket door latch". They come in many different designs but this is a basic one:
www.thehardwarehut.com...

Different styles of pocket latches:
www.thehardwarehut.com...

It's not a secure locking mechanism, its simply to prevent someone from just walking in on you, which is why its called a "privacy latch/lock". It can't be locked with a key, and can easily be unlocked by anyone in emergencies.

The above door is definitely not the door that needed to be breached.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

What time was this? They are carrying a stretcher-board (whatever it's called). And I wonder who the two guys following are? They break off at the end of the video...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I’ve had a weird nagging thought for a bit. Not saying this seems legit or anything but.. to those who also watch hockey, we know this is the Vegas Golden Knights first year in the NHL. Their first game of the season was shortly after the shooting. I have to say... Vegas has now cemented a really good fan base based on the comraderie from this shooting.

A lot of celebrities going to the games, shooting victims dropping the puck, vegasstrong hash tag all over the rink. A lot of people from other parts of the country are even jumping into the fan base in respect. Just weird timing to me.

I’m far from the person who sees conspiracies in everything, I barely believe any of the theories out there about anything (but I love the process of piecing together evidence and information, and hearing everyone’s thoughts, it’s fascinting).. but I dunno, I’ve just had a weird feeling about it being so coincidential. As a huge fan of the NHL, this expansion was a really big thing too... and huge for Vegas.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

I agreed in my previous post that 32135 was a Vista Suite. I thought, however, based on what I read on the MB site and saw in the YouTube videos of others who had stayed there, that when 32134 was added to the Vista Suite (which can be booked by itself without 32134) that it BECAME the Media Suite. It looks like I was wrong. So what?

Not sure why you are being so surly about this because I stated very clearly - TWICE - I was not trying to argue with you. I also stated very clearly that I was just confused. That's why I did further research on the room - because of that confusion and I shared what I found in case others were confused. I could care less if I am "right" or "wrong" but want to understand since it is still not making sense to me. I specifically did not address you or your post directly in my last post because I was NOT trying to prove YOU right or wrong. In fact, if you look you'll see I starred several of your previous responses because I appreciate the effort you put into your information. So to clarify once more, I am still NOT arguing with you. (I'm not ARGUING at all - but like everyone else here, am trying to visualize and understand what I am seeing and hearing.)

As such, that is not - as you commanded - the end of the discussion regarding this FOR ME. I am still trying to understand this - so, the rest of my post is not directed to you.

So, for someone else who is more patient...

The floorplan posted, while making things somewhat clearer visually, CONFUSES me even more. The picture seems to show that 32134 is not a full room because it doesn't have a bed. The label 32/134 - to me - appears to be the door from the outside hall? I am willing to admit that I might be looking at it wrong because if that were the case, I don't know where the adjoining door would be.

So where is the hall in the floorplan? That's probably what is confusing me - if I knew where the hall was it might make more sense. Because in my mind now - on the floorplan, if the door labels are indeed on the hall, then 32134 doesn't have a bed and where is the adjoining door? I thought I had it figured out from the videos but now I am even further confused.

EDIT/UPDATE: Diggindirt referred me to another version of the floorplan (thanks again) that made it much clearer for me. Can "see it" now. No need for further response from anyone. I do appreciate all who contribute and are striving to help flesh all this (often conflicting) info out.

edit on 11-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: updated info

edit on 11-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ryeguy1980

I've heard it reported he worked for Coast to Coast Security? Coast to Coast Events is also the company that provided the bartenders for the event. Sounds like they provided the workers for the whole concert... ?

edit on 11-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: edited info

edit on 11-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I agree. However, the one time I ever traveled to Vegas we were gifted with a "luxury room" not a suite, mind you, but I didn't see anything luxurious about it. I found it to be rather tacky actually. (A relative in the travel industry wanted to "treat" us to Vegas so she arranged a free hop from Phoenix on her airline and a limo ride, etc. all free or nearly free from her contacts in the travel business. It was very sweet of her and we enjoyed it and can say we'd been there, done that. My Beloved actually managed to win at the blackjack tables so he had a really fine time at that while I toured the Natural History Museum.)
But then, my only requirements for a hotel room is that it be reasonably clean, have hot water in the shower and a comfortable bed. When I was doing contract work I spent at least three weeks a month living in hotel rooms but since I spent precious little time actually in the room, "luxury" was never an issue. I will admit to really, really appreciating the laundry service in a hotel on one particular contract. We spent several days doing surveys in an off-and-on drizzle of rain. Rather than spending hours in a laundromat, it was nice to be able to have the laundry done in-house.

On topic: If you look at that diagram above your post you'll see the double doors going into the bedroom and the single door depicted as the door to 134.

In the scheme of things I'm sure it's not a big deal but I've been able to come up with at least what I see as a reasonable explanation of that "locked door." It could have been that it was simply closed and having seen wires leading from the cart in front of it, they well could have been as hesitant to grab that handle as they were on the suite door so, because it was closed, they blew it. Perfectly understandable. It is also perfectly reasonable to me that the door had been open but wasn't propped open and was blown shut either by a stiff breeze coming through the open windows or the breaching of the suite door.

I'd sure like to see the video they took of those wires running from the food cart and the type of devices associated with those wires. Oh, and the unfinished "drilling" site. I know a few electronics nerds that are eagerly awaiting seeing what was employed as well.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that paper with numbers that they've called calculations were an entry code for livestreaming the cameras. The video recording device doesn't have to be on the premises. He could have been sending that video to literally anywhere. But everyone I've talked with thinks if video exists it will go the way of the security cameras around the Pentagon. I've been totally surprised at the reactions I've heard from folks who are not normally tin-foil hat people.

new topics

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join