It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 268
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I saw the windows broken out, there is no way to be able to run from one side to the other in that short of time for a 64 yr old guy, those windows are broken far apart. I'm surprised he didn't give himself a heart attack first, and than be able to reload that rapidly without being out breathe.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Connecting doors between hotel rooms usually don't have any alarms, nor any electric locks that would possibly be able to send a signal. There is no reason for it because the door locks on both sides (or there are two doors), and the only way to gain access through the connecting door is if you have access to the front door of both rooms so you can unlock both sides of the connecting door. Room service is also trained to lock the doors during the checkout cleaning.

So I highly doubt they were checking on the connecting door between 134 and 135. When someone rents two rooms with a connecting door they generally leave the door open, which would cause many false alarms and too much overhead for hotel staff to track what door should be open and what door shouldn't at any time.

They do track what front doors to rooms are open. They have the ability to track what keys were used to open what door at any time, and if it is a room service or security key they can disable any alarms.

They may or may not track fire stairwell doors for security purposes too.

edit on 11-10-2017 by 0x6372756d6273 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

I am now doubting that the shooter used both windows in each room.

When they mentioned that SWAT had to breach the connecting door between 134 and 135, which means it was locked from the inside of 134, it made me think he was not running between both windows.

I am leaning towards the possibility that the window was broken by the explosive breach into the room. I have not seen any confirmation that bullet shells were found in 134, or even guns. All we know is that the camera(s) on the service cart were wired into 134 and ran into 135, not much more.

Unless someone can point me to the Sheriff or FBI confirming this?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

I would typically agree with you but it's been documented these doors (between these two rooms) are different. According to the media, 32134 is a "partial room" that when unlocked, makes the suite larger. Apparently, it only unlocks from the 32135 side. So they say - it kind of operates like the wet bar. If you unlock the door, it bills you for the super suite instead of just the regular suite. Thus, they SAY that unlocking it sends an alarm to the front desk so the guest can be notified / reminded of the additional charge. I am NOT saying I agree / believe this, it's just what has been reported among the many reports about the door alarm.

The other door "alarm" indicating a locked stairwell door, was reported in many MSM articles today as the reason for the building engineer, Steven Shuck, going up to floor 32 to investigate.

I am not arguing with you - just letting you know one of the many stories about these doors / 32nd floor visits that has been put out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread. its worth a look

Take a look at this video. Starting at 2:18 someone actually zooms in on Paddocks room the night of the shooting. You see the one winow broken out but when he zooms out i cant make out the second window. Anyone see it?

www.youtube.com...

Edit:Actually i think its just the angle of the camera is why you cant see the other window but its still the first video that shows the broken window that night

originally posted by: 0x6372756d6273

I am now doubting that the shooter used both windows in each room.

When they mentioned that SWAT had to breach the connecting door between 134 and 135, which means it was locked from the inside of 134, it made me think he was not running between both windows.

I am leaning towards the possibility that the window was broken by the explosive breach into the room. I have not seen any confirmation that bullet shells were found in 134, or even guns. All we know is that the camera(s) on the service cart were wired into 134 and ran into 135, not much more.

Unless someone can point me to the Sheriff or FBI confirming this?

edit on 11-10-2017 by worsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I still want to know what happened to the Aussie guy who claimed the day after the shooting (in mainstream media) that he was staying IN 32134 on the 32nd floor during the shooting.

I understand the NY post isn't necessarily mainstream but it appears this story has been wiped from many of the original sources:
nypost.com...

Also more details: www.dailymail.co.uk... (says the LVPD used his room - 32134 - to breach into Paddock's room).
edit on 11-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: additional info

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Except for the fact that there ARE balanced magnetic alarm contacts on the doors. They're clearly shown in the pictures of the doors back 100+ pages ago in this very thread!

Trust me on this one.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

On the connecting doors? I don't think so. Please link me.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

That is bull#. 32-134 is a completely different room with a different bed, and bathroom, and everything. I have clearly pointed that out several times in this topic, as well as New York Post and ABCNews sources to back it up.

The connecting door between 134 and 135 are lockable on both sides, which is why SWAT had to breach it. They couldn't unlock it from inside 135 only, they would have had to also unlock it from within 134.

There is none of this "if you unlock you are billed". That is pure bull#.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl

I still want to know what happened to the Aussie guy who claimed the day after the shooting (in mainstream media) that he was staying IN 32134 on the 32nd floor during the shooting.

I understand the NY post isn't necessarily mainstream but it appears this story has been wiped from many of the original sources:
nypost.com...

Also more details: www.dailymail.co.uk... (says the LVPD used his room - 32134 - to breach into Paddock's room).

Yeah this is very confusing. There are articles stating this guy was shaken after realizing he had been sleeping next to a room full of guns. But then many reports say Paddock had both 134 and 135. Obviously one of these stories has to be false.

I was pretty certain one window in 134 was broken and the other was in 135. Anyone know for certain?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The time between the shots is 4 secs at a maximum. I too do not believe a 64yr old man in poor health could keep doing that run between rooms in 4secs

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JaeG14

The Aussie Brian Hodge also stated a security guard was killed and there were multiple shooters. I seem to recall he was discredited due to the fact that he couldn't have been in room 32134 as Paddock was, and Brian Hodge just dropped out of the news

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Room 32-135 is a Vista Suite, you can do a Virtual Tour on the Mandalay Bay website. The room in the tour is a mirror copy of 32-135.

www.mandalaybay.com...

There you can go left and click on the "Living Room" icon to place yourself in the living room, where you can see the connecting door to the neighboring hotel room. You can see this door is only a deadbolt, with no key, just a knob. No electronic lock.

maximize

Room 32-134 is most likely a Resort King or Resort Queen. I called Mandalay Bay to confirm but apparently they don't discuss specific room numbers or floors until you are checking in. I did read somewhere that room 32-134 had a single bed, and judging by Mandalay Bay floor plans room 32-134 is a basic rectangle room. So I am guessing it is the Resort King.

You can see all available room types here:
www.mandalaybay.com...

Here are the virtual tours for Resort King and Resort Queen:
www.mandalaybay.com...
www.mandalaybay.com...

In any case, almost all rooms have connecting doors to neighboring rooms, and virtual tours shows they also lock from the inside, with a deadbolt only, no key, no electronic lock. You can see the door on the left here:

maximize

This is standard for thousands of hotels that allow you to rent side by side hotel rooms and join them. There is actually TWO doors, one on each side with their own deadbolt lock. This is exactly why SWAT had to breach the door between 135 and 134. They were able to open and unlock the connecting door on the 135 side, but not able to unlock or open the door on the 134 side, so they breached it.

It does no make sense for Mandalay Bay to track if these doors are open or not because that would be unnecessary and too much overhead. Especially since these are double doors, and either side can be opened and unlocked without any key, and it still wont give you access to the next room unless you are in the next room and unlock it and open the other door.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I believe Brian Hodge's story is bull# too.

We should ask him.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ok ok... I said I wasn’t arguing with you - just recounting what has been said. I made clear to say that.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You are correct I work in a hotel. Usually it is two doors with locks on both sides. It can be locked by either side. But you have to go through the front door to do that.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

Thank you. That has been the case in every hotel I've ever visited and had adjoining rooms. My buddy who works in the industry told me the same thing.

If he had rented both 134 and 135 he would have had to have entered 134 with the keycard for that door, unlock the adjoining door, exit 134 by the keycard door, enter 135 with the keycard for it and unlock the deadbolt door to 134. If nobody locked those two rooms back up, if he was moving between those rooms during the shooting there would have been no reason to breach the door joining the two rooms.

It is kinda hard to believe that he shot from 134 and took the time to lock it up before moving over to 135. BUT---it's kinda hard to believe that someone would shoot blindly into a crowd for no reason.

However---there is a possible explanation that would require knowing the conditions that evening. Was the wind blowing and from what direction? Entirely possible that the door to the adjoining room simply blew shut due to a gust of wind coming through the open windows in the room---that it was not "locked" as the cops thought but was closed so they assumed it was locked and set the breach charges....just looking at the possibilities. We have a couple of doors in our house that will slam shut from time to time if a stiff breeze comes through.

ETA: OR---as my Beloved just pointed out to me, the concussion from breaching the suite door could have caused the interior door to close!
edit on 11-10-2017 by diggindirt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am starting to Wonder if Stephen Paddock was actually a target. In one of the video where a person is filming from the back left side where he has the VIP stand to he's left., You can clearly hear 3 single shoots and the impact sound just after.

It soumds like the impact is at Mandalay Bay. My take is that there is one or two shooters somewhere left of the stage at a elevated location. The two very tal pillars to the left behind the stage seams to be where the sound comes from.

When i googled these two pillars there seams to be entry Points on both of them. Someone could klimb these pillars and have a good position on Paddocks room from there.

As soon as these Three shoots were fired there was a breach into Paddocks room. The police spoksman did say on TV just minutes ofter the shooting started that they took him out..... But later said that he was dead when SWAT entered. But the rapid gunfire after these Three single rounds were the police/FBI shooting up Paddock room. This explaines why the SWAT team found him dead 60 minutes later. It was from that point on that the police said that Paddock tok his own life.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: judydawg

Thank you. That has been the case in every hotel I've ever visited and had adjoining rooms. My buddy who works in the industry told me the same thing.

If he had rented both 134 and 135 he would have had to have entered 134 with the keycard for that door, unlock the adjoining door, exit 134 by the keycard door, enter 135 with the keycard for it and unlock the deadbolt door to 134. If nobody locked those two rooms back up, if he was moving between those rooms during the shooting there would have been no reason to breach the door joining the two rooms.

It is kinda hard to believe that he shot from 134 and took the time to lock it up before moving over to 135. BUT---it's kinda hard to believe that someone would shoot blindly into a crowd for no reason.

However---there is a possible explanation that would require knowing the conditions that evening. Was the wind blowing and from what direction? Entirely possible that the door to the adjoining room simply blew shut due to a gust of wind coming through the open windows in the room---that it was not "locked" as the cops thought but was closed so they assumed it was locked and set the breach charges....just looking at the possibilities. We have a couple of doors in our house that will slam shut from time to time if a stiff breeze comes through.

ETA: OR---as my Beloved just pointed out to me, the concussion from breaching the suite door could have caused the interior door to close!

As a LEO in that situation, it is safer to blow the door via the hinges than risk turning a knob that might be wired to blow you to bits. In that situation, if you assume anything, you and others could be dead. So, you open it via the hinges, with force, which also acts as a surprise if someone is on the other side too. Remember, they didn't know if there was someone lying in wait in that room either.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Not a bad theory at all. But why wouldn't they tell us that?

new topics

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join