It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 264
<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Vents from where, and why in this location? Shadows or reflections of what? 

I directly answered your question in my post above.

It is called mechanical rooms. These rooms, floors, or other areas of a building are designated areas to house mechanical equipment to make a building function.

The areas are designated by the engineers that design the building and mechanical set up that is need to move air, water, exhaust, and other features that a building needs.

There are dozens upon dozens of photos online which shows these areas that are well before the shooting took place.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
Thanks for repeating that. I had missed it too. I knew that somewhere I'd seen a perfectly reasonable answer to those dark spaces.

As I was watching that video I kept thinking---"Zoom in on those blank spaces."---frustrating that silly stuff like that even gets out. Again, it seems that some folks haven't been taught to think critically. It just creates confusion...but perhaps that is the point on the part of some who just want their reports to "go viral."

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation.

I still don't know why they used these pictures originally, and I don't know why they haven't shown close ups of these windows with this explanation.

If they erroneously posted those pictures on the news, then it would seem they would admit their mistake.

I never saw any pictures of the place prior to this incident. As I posted before. My skepticism is heightened because you can't believe anything that is being reported by MSM or alternative media anymore. Now everything is suspect.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Air vents go vertical and internal to the roof. The air gets sucked in at the bottom of the building and vented out on the roof. There are no air vents to shoot from the sides.

The shadows are reflections of the surrounding buildings.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Thanks for the explanation.

I still don't know why they used these pictures originally, and I don't know why they haven't shown close ups of these windows with this explanation.

If they erroneously posted those pictures on the news, then it would seem they would admit their mistake.

I never saw any pictures of the place prior to this incident. As I posted before. My skepticism is heightened because you can't believe anything that is being reported by MSM or alternative media anymore. Now everything is suspect.

Why did they show these originally? Probably a stupid person in the editing room. Only takes 1 idiot to start a conspiracy like this. Like the other poster mentioned there are numerous pics of these before the shooting online. You mention you saw these at 730am on the morning of the shooting. Where are you located? If you are out east remember it would have been only 430am in Las Vegas and still pitch black outside so video of the broken windows would not have existed yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well, this thread is pretty much silent now.

However, it was only a matter of time before there's narrative calls that the killer was a conspiracy theorist. There's two tabloid news and alt news articles sharing the story from The SUN. It claims they interviewed one of his prostitutes. Local Las Vegas news reporting: but only of he may have hired a prostitute(see here).

The motive won't come out. What will is the narrative, watch for that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What I'd like to know is how did this guy,comped or not,get a dam arsenal up to a suite??

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I do not understand why it is, that just because we have seen no footage containing it as of yet, a bell boys cart could not have been secured, to aid in shifting the weight upstairs.

Just because we have not yet seen evidence released by the police, as to how the logistics were pulled off, does not mean that such evidence does not actually exist. It just means that, as of yet, we have not seen it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
What I'd like to know is how did this guy,comped or not,get a dam arsenal up to a suite??

He probably separated the uppers and lowers of his AR's, and carried them up in regular sized suitcases.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Has anyone listened to the comparison video
of an M249 vs the Las Vegas shooter vs an AR15
bump fire ? It was an M249.
This stinks to high heaven. If you haven't
heard it please search it on You Tube.
I have tried for DAYS to get the video embedded
and it's never there. Search LAS VEGAS M249

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Broken down in suitcases and up in an elevator. Quite easy really. Its not unusual for high rollers to bring tons of luggage and Stephen Paddock was known for staying in hotels for weeks/months at a time

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Timeline on security guard shooting changed by Sheriff,

Now before rampage,

ABC

On Monday, Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo announced a change to the sequence of events that occurred on Oct. 1, saying a security guard who encountered Paddock was actually shot at 9:59 p.m. local time, minutes before the 64-year-old unleashed a hail of gunfire on unsuspecting concertgoers.

That removes theory from table that Campos stopped shooting by interuption and indirectly caused Paddock to suicide himself.

Thoughts......?
edit on 9-10-2017 by Phoenix because: Add comment

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

A military analysts on Australian news imediatley after the shooting commented, due to ROF and sound that he suspected the gun to be an M60.

a reply to: Phoenix

Maybe Paddock iterupted the gunman returning to his room early after slipping from a decoy and was shot first. The security guard attended at the sound of his staged suicide or the alarm then was shot. Triggering the massacare to begin before preperation had finished?
edit on 9-10-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

This gets more and more interesting every update we get from the Sheriff.

If the security guard's interaction with the shooter was at 9:59, then we can no longer explain the obvious shooting that takes place inside the hotel room at 10:09. There were definitely shots fired at 10:09 inside the hotel room, this is confirmed by multiple videos.

See my post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My previous timeline updated:

**09:59 p.m.: Security Guard gets shot while responding to a door ajar alarm.
10:05 p.m.: First shots fired by the suspect. This was seen on closed-circuit television from the concert venue.
**10:09 p.m.: 28 shots are fired inside hotel. (Something unknown happened here).
10:12 p.m.: First two officers arrive on the 31st floor and announce the gunfire is coming from directly above them.
10:15 p.m.: The last shots are fired from the suspect per body-worn cameras.
10:17 p.m.: The first two officers arrive on the 32nd floor.

I don't like how this security guard interaction story keeps changing. But the new update makes more sense then the last. I couldn't fathom why an unarmed security guard was going to attempt to stop an armed suspect. But if he was just going to respond to a door ajar alarm, that makes things more clear.

Now we just need to know what happened at 10:09. What was the shooter shooting at in the hotel?

Also, does anyone have a general idea how long room service carts usually stay in hallways? I can't imagine they stay for very long.

edit on 9-10-2017 by 0x6372756d6273 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Sorry, the gun used was not an M60 nor a M245. Both of those guns have a consistent rate of fire in full auto.

The gun used was clearly a gun that was utilizing a bump fire stock. The rate of fire was very inconsistent, which can only be explained by a bump fire stock.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0x6372756d6273

Also, does anyone have a general idea how long room service carts usually stay in hallways? I can't imagine they stay for very long.

Depends on different variables..
I was at the Red Rock in Vegas last week and there were multiple room service trays that were out there over night.
In JUNE I stayed in the Mandalay Bay for a week. At one point I had a room service tray that stayed for around 15 hours or so until I called down and asked them to remove it..Front desk claimed they had an issue and it was missed.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

Personally I agree as the guns needed to be available legally to instate psychological need for change of ownership laws and restricting aftermarket parts. Plus the differing of expended rounds (if the pictures are real and unedited). I was just stating the analysts opinion

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

Thanks for updated timeline!

What door was ajar? Elevator, Room, Stairwell?

Elevator doors propped make a continuous audible alarm at the car.

Stairwell fire door may have open/close contacts but in hotel situation doubt it was alarmed - as I understood it that door was wedged shut possibly by suspect.

Man room 135 supposedly was screwed shut from interior.

That leaves entry door to 134 or common door between 134 and 135, however, I keep seeing floor plans that show no door between 134, 135

So what door ajar would it be? for security to "check out"

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I think you have your facts a little mixed up.

There definitely is a door between 134 and 135. You can see my previous replies here that show the proper floor plans, including a video of the exact room, and images of identical rooms. This door was later revealed to be locked from the inside of 134 and police had to breach it with explosives after breaching the door into 135. So that is not the door that was ajar.

The door that was supposedly screwed shut was the stairwell door, no the door to 135. This was reported to have caused the first responders and security guard to use the elevator instead. I think SWAT has to pry the door open.

Original reports regarding the security guard did in fact mention that the door to 135 was ajar, and that was the reason he attempted to enter it. It was reported that the door was barricaded with furniture on the inside too, so he couldn't enter. That is when he got shot at through the door. However, original reports were saying that took place after the shooting started, not before, which didn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense now is how the door was supposedly ajar, but yet barricaded. You would think if someone attempted to barricade a door they would also first close it and lock it.

It also doesn't make sense when the police claim he wanted to escape, and looked for any way possible to escape, but yet barricaded the door, and even locked the connecting door from within 134, and screwed the stairwell door closed? Sounds more like someone trapped him in, and the shots at 10:09 were to keep him inside.
edit on 9-10-2017 by 0x6372756d6273 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join