It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
So you guys have come to a conclusion that he sniped individuals prior to the all out madness...

Lets say that this is true. And there is a specific target that is the actuall mission of this shooting.

How would he spot the correct target unless there were spotters within the crowd to guide him?

How would the spotter light up the target for him to get aim?

Whatch the video, he clearly shot individual bullets at first. Who knows if it was a specific target which i doubt, but he did shoot someone or more than someone before the onslaught

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: worsaw

300m+ isn't a particularly long shot for the 5.56 round (it's not a chump shot either, but not long). The hardest part is the downhill / night part, especially with bright lights for a backstop. I think I calculated about a 22-23 degree down angle for the shot. That's pretty steep for the conditions.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I think he used a few rounds to make sure he was within range before opening up.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
a reply to: CajunMetal

The sheriff said in last night's conference that 200 shots were fired down the hall towards security. He also said, during the question period, that security was searching the 32 floor and came upon the suite because the door was ajar. So if the leo had found the shooter suite with the door ajar and subsequently got shot in the leg it would seem it happened through an open door.

Then lvpd arrived they proceeded to not go into the suite but to clear rooms because shooting had stopped.

So he shot the leo or at him through an open or slightly opened door...then closed it? And shot himself...then 45 minutes or so later swat arrived and breached the door.

They didn't specify that the 200 rounds were through an open or closed door. They didnt say the shooter shut the door I'm just guessing from the info provided.

CNN just restated about the 200 rounds inside down the hall a minute ago. And also they are highlighting that he may have had help but not necessarily an accomplice. Hoping new conference is coming tonight.

Thanks!

I'd imagine then that even ajar we'd see more than a dozen holes in that door. But also down the hall, in the floor etc. Interesting.
edit on 5-10-2017 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

300m+ isn't a particularly long shot for the 5.56 round (it's not a chump shot either, but not long). The hardest part is the downhill / night part, especially with bright lights for a backstop. I think I calculated about a 22-23 degree down angle for the shot. That's pretty steep for the conditions.

So he must have had pretty extensive experience with these weapons to make that shot?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Well, remember...we don't know for certain these individuals were actually hit by the actual gunfire, a ricochet, bullet fragments or even flying debris. If somebody is shooting at you, and all of a sudden you see blood...your first thought is going to be "I got shot". I've been fragged a couple times while shooting and both times that was my reaction (once in the hand and once on the forehead).

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Not necessarily. He'd have had to have 'some' experience, but he was just lobbing rounds out there hoping to hit people.

ETA...To me, one of the most telling things about his experience level is the report they found jammed firearms. Any competent shooter would be able to clear a jam in less than a second. That he just discarded the jammed firearm and opted for another speaks to almost rank-amateur status.

It would actually take me longer to set an AR down and pick up another one than it would to clear a jam.

edit on 10/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
in the forehead? damn, that must have scared the # out of ya

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Not necessarily. He'd have had to have 'some' experience, but he was just lobbing rounds out there hoping to hit people.

You did say he have to be a “real sniper” if he used those two shots to completely sight in his weapon?He certainly didn’t think to try semi auto and just be like meh start using bump stock.The whole operation was to showcase auto fire from legal means.
edit on 5-10-2017 by antibren because: (no reason given)

Edit: we know his first volley hits dead center of a group of people
edit on 5-10-2017 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Scared the hell out of my partner more than me. I didn't even feel it really, or even realize I was cut. He saw it and freaked. It was just a cut from a piece of a jacket, but your head bleeds like a stuck pig...so he thought I took a round to the head! I reached up and rubbed my forehead and my glove came back all bloody...then I freaked!

LOL!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: antibren

No, well, what I was meaning was...I doubt he successfully sighted in his weapon with two single shots. If he hit anything with those two shots, it is my belief he just got lucky, or they weren't actually hit by the gunfire but debris or something else.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Guys, we really need to discuss this.

SWAT claimed they had to breach the connecting door to 32-134. That is because these doors have two deadbolts, one on each side, so the room can be rented individually and locked by either party.

That means the shooter, who is claimed to have been shooting out both windows, at some point locked the connecting door from the inside and went out the front door of 32-134.

If Stephen was the only shooter, that means he went back into 32-135 front door, barricaded the door with furniture, continued to shoot at security officer through the door, and then killed himself at one point. None of that makes sense....

Why was that inner door locked? Why was it locked from the inside so that anyone in 32-135 couldn't get into 32-134? Why have an elaborate camera system set up through room 32-134 if you are just going to walk out the front door past the camera?

It almost seems like someone trapped Stephen in the room, and then shot at the front door of 32-135 any time he tried to escape.

On that note, I am not buying the security guard story. They want us to believe an unarmed security guard was trying to enter room 32-135 because the door was ajar, and he found that it was barricaded, then got shot. All the security guard had was a baton.

Who in the right mind brings a baton to an automatic rifle fight?

For those that still don't understand the layout of the room, and the fact that two rooms were rented:

www.nbcnews.com...

But a week later, he rented two rooms at the Mandalay Bay and opened fire on the Route 91 Harvest festival 32 floors below, killing 58 people

Here is a walk through of the exact room:
www.youtube.com...

This has a very nice panorama of the room near the bottom, and on the far right is the "door to the next hotel room".
www.nytimes.com...

We need more information about what happened inside of 32-134... Someone locked it from the inside, and walked right out the front door. I highly doubt he walked right into 32-135 because it was barricaded. I think they escaped. They trapped Stephen in and he had no choice but to kill himself.

edit on 5-10-2017 by 0x6372756d6273 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

I sent you a pm about the exact page I reintroduced your invidence

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Wow. That new video! Isn't it possible the first shots came from another shooter closer to the "target" whoever that was? Maybe this was all used to target a person or ppl and then to continue with a mass shooting to cover up said target and maybe further gun control efforts or whatever turns out to be the swing of this.

Of interest: Trump just made some cryptic comments on camera at a dinner or something saying "This is the calm before the storm" CNN just announced it but haven't shown it yet. There is another possible hurricane on the way and he did just repeal the Iran deal and not renew it today as well. CNN is saying it's cryptic and weird but it is CNN so who knows!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Remember...witnesses and victims are notorious for remembering things incorrectly. Stress and trauma is chief among the reasons why.

If I were to hazard a guess...his first couple shots probably were at the fuel tanks (thinking he could create pandemonium by creating a monstrous fire). When he got no-joy out of that, he opened up on the crowd and walked his shots in until people started falling in numbers. Then he knew he had the right elevation.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

edit on 5-10-2017 by antibren because: Deleted

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Remember...witnesses and victims are notorious for remembering things incorrectly. Stress and trauma is chief among the reasons why.

If I were to hazard a guess...his first couple shots probably were at the fuel tanks (thinking he could create pandemonium by creating a monstrous fire). When he got no-joy out of that, he opened up on the crowd and walked his shots in until people started falling in numbers. Then he knew he had the right elevation.

Any idea where the tanks are in relation to the guy shooting the video?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

Discuss away...

...I'll watch from the sidelines.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The guy spent his whole life around planes and airports, and he thought a rifle round was going to make a kaboom out of a tank of avgas or jp5? I'm not buying. Yet another story we've been officially told that doesn't add up for me.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Any idea where the tanks are in relation to the guy shooting the video?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread has a diagram. Might not be exactly to scale, FlyingDiscDude!

edit on 5-10-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join