It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

I can tell you for certain they didn't "breach" the double doors separating the suites, there would be no need to. They could just push them open. You can't effectively lock doors like this. Now, someone could have placed something in front of the doors to prevent them from opening, but I wouldn't think this would require an explosive breaching either.

I don't have any explanation for the 'ajar' vs. not discussion. It's pretty much hearsay at this point.

Now, if someone says SWAT had to breach the stairway door, I'd question that too. Stairwell doors open inward, and they're steel doors (not wood like the rest of the hotel). If they breached one of these they'd be breaching the door back on themselves in the stairwell. These doors cannot swing the other way.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: antibren

The simple explanation is that Hodge is lying. As FCD pointed out above, 32134 is setup to be a standalone room. Like he pointed out, no bathroom. Not only that when Hodge gave his interview it was still believed that a security guard had been killed on the 32nd floor. He chose to take this and spice it up and claim he was killed by the police. Turns out the guard was only shot in the leg and went down before the police even arrived.

There are plenty of inconsistencies with Hodge's story. I don't know why anyone why take his word over the official narrative at this point.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: imitator

About as possible as aliens being involved. Guess he goes around making reservations in hotels next to mass concerts and MLB games just for kicks then right? That is just a big coincidence?

They could of done trial runs with Paddock, setup meeting etc. to get a feel for him, and then wait for the right time. Also note: lots of hotels are near concerts and sports stadiums, so it's not a far stretch.

Locations concerts are gonna be held is about to change big time. My big city in Tx is already planning on shutting down certain well known concert areas because of building that overlook. Security in Stadiums as well is gonna go through the roof...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Still spitballing...

Paddock was selling 'Pre-planned/packaged Terrorism Events'.

Three terrorists show up in the room with a suitcase of $$$...Paddock planned on taking the money and leaving them to it, as he disappears to the Philippines with his GF in the new house she went ahead to buy.

Instead, they kill him...do the deed...and leave with the money.

Edit:
The OTHER (Lalapalooza?) set up...was a 'No Sale' terror event package.

Why shoot the crowd?

The crowd was part of the package he was selling.

So rather than being a freak of nature who murdered innocent folks, he hooked someone else up to murder innocent folks?

He'd STILL be a guilty "freak of nature"...just a greedy one, who figured he'd get rich, get away...and disappear.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Right.. As I said about the same possibility as mind control by aliens. MKUltra, Manchurian Candidate, 6 other accomplices, etc, he had a bigfoot encounter in October 2016 that set him off ...

People here aren't saying there isn't more to the story, but some of these 'theories' are nuts.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the cart was in front of 32135. 32134 has its own door that leads to the hall. That's the door I'm saying was breached. Even then, everything FCD has pointed out in regards to the doors completely destroys the theory any way.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The simple explanation is that Hodge is lying. As FCD pointed out above, 32134 is setup to be a standalone room. Like he pointed out, no bathroom. Not only that when Hodge gave his interview it was still believed that a security guard had been killed on the 32nd floor. He chose to take this and spice it up and claim he was killed by the police. Turns out the guard was only shot in the leg and went down before the police even arrived.

There are plenty of inconsistencies with Hodge's story. I don't know why anyone why take his word over the official narrative at this point.

If you would go and read the history you would know that there are YouTube videos that show 32-134 room before the shootings. Either way if it was a mistake by Hodge on what room he rented and claiming he was next door. That would be a huge mistake to be made and not likely he also has a bunch of tweets that’s have been removed . Security guard down is based on earlier reports of a officer being killed in the first skirmish. So that could be consistent to what was going over the police scanners.... also contradictory reports from sheriff on how many off duty first responding officers went up with the security guard before he was presumed shot. Early reports was 3 did and official word from sheriff last night was 2.

Edit: why would hodge lie? What sense does that make what does he have to gain?
edit on 5-10-2017 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the cart was in front of 32135. 32134 has its own door that leads to the hall. That's the door I'm saying was breached. Even then, everything FCD has pointed out in regards to the doors completely destroys the theory any way.

Look at the picture what does the number by the door say? Clearly 32-134

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Look. They absolutely say they breached the door from the suite to the second hotel room they were adjoining rooms. The suite also had another bedroom. He rented 2 suites this has been long established. The adjoining door between the 2 rooms can be locked from both sides.

Hersay? Nope. This is verbatim what the sheriff reported at last nights news conference. He also had a tv screen with a timeline completely broken down. They claim they breached the suite door then the door to the adjoining separate hotel room. ( the room that had wires coming out attached to camera on room service cart) It was my guess perhaps one of the breaches was the stairwell door because the sheriff stated it was blocked. I wonder why they would breach a door they JUST said was ajar.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So a couple observations based on some pretty extensive knowledge of doors...

1. Double doors without what is known as a "style" in between them cannot be locked in the direction they swing. That, or they need vertical dead-bolts into the frame. That is to say, if the doors swing "in" to 32134, which it looks like they do, then they cannot be secured in this direction. (I mean, there are ways to do it, but these doors do not appear to be set up that way). So, there is no way those doors could only be locked from inside 32134.

2. Double doors like those in the picture make really bad security doors. In fact, to "breach" one from 32135 all you'd really need to do is push hard on it. I think those doors are more what I would call an 'administrative' door (meaning if you didn't rent the whole space the hotel would close them off so you couldn't use 32134 as part of the whole 32135 suite. It's just a billing issue. And, it doesn't look to me like 32134 is really set up to function as a stand-alone room either (no bathroom).

3. Lastly (almost confirming #2 above), the top picture shows what appear to be alarm contacts on top of the two door leaves. This supports the notion they are 'admin' doors only. The alarm contacts would tell the hotel staff whether the doors were open or closed, and the guest would be charged accordingly. Furthermore, they absolutely are NOT "fire doors". No double door without a style can be used as "fire door", it's against IBC (International Building Code).

ETA...In fact, the only true "Fire Door" would be the door into the stairwell, and this would be a "B Labled" 2-hour rated fire door.

You are looking at the pictures but not relating them to the floor plan correctly.
The video these pictures were taken from was filmed by someone about two or three weeks ago that stayed in the EXACT same room as Paddock 32125. Its a big suite (look at the floor plan posted). The doors shown in the pictures above are the doors between the bedroom of that suite and the larger living room area. They just have a small privacy look to keep the kids from coming in on mom and dad. In that vide we do not see a good look of the doors between 32124 and 32125 they don't go over and film that doorway. At the end of that video we do see the double doors that open to the access hall of the hotel. That's the same doors we see with the crime tape over them in the police photos. In that photo we see one of the doors is close the other is off its hinges and is on the ground. You can see over it into the suite and see a rifle (which looks like an AR-10) sitting on the floor inside the hall of the suite. On the ground in from of the closed door you can see a strike plate and wood chips. This looks like, as you state this set of double doors have pins at the top and bottom to keep them closed and allow the guests to actually lock up their suite while they are out. The cart in the crime scene photos sits in front of 32124. It has the standard single hotel door. I would bet that it has the automatic close mechanism that hotels have so that guests do not accidently leave their room doors open. So that would mean it could not be the door that was reported as "ajar'. It looks very much like the main double doors to the suite 32125 were blasted open with breeching rounds at the top and bottom hinge. Then when they made it inside they already knew that shooting had been coming from 32124 (or that Paddock has rented it as well) so they breeched the joining doors between 32124 and 32125 (which we have not seen a photo of yet).

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Yeah, what your talking about is way out there.... I'm just going on about common-sense theories. The arms deal going south makes more sense, because nobody would use or need that many guns in a shooting.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Furniture, décor, carpeting...all of it matches precisely the hotel suite. If they faked the photos it would have been spotted. You can't construct all the blood, lighting etc. on various surfaces without leaving digital signatures.

Again, just throwing stuff out here---the supposition is that the training took place in this hotel---thus the accurate furnishings. Somewhere in this thread there is a link to a "drill" held in LV last year. The speculation is that was the actual setting of the photos.

Are you suggesting that a scene couldn't be staged in this manner? I'm not understanding the "without leaving digital signatures." statement.

I'm told that there have been several drills for just such a scenario (mass shooting at a music venue) in Vegas since that city was specifically mentioned by the middle eastern whackjobs. A friend whose relative is a first responder there has taken part in at least three since the first of the year. Sunday night was the real thing. According to the reports from the family it will take quite a while for him to recover from what he witnessed as he was attempting to give aid to the victims.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Really? Are you aware of how his guns would hold up to automatic induced fire due to bump stocks? They aren't meant to be used like that and overheat, jam, etc. There is a method to his madness if you stop making stuff up.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AdemirAlagic

If he was escaping to do more attacks why bring all his toys?

He didn't

Had more guns back at home in Mesquite and more at property he owned in Reno

More than enough for second massacre

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You got a copy of that picture? The only one I'm turning up doesn't show the room number.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You got a copy of that picture? The only one I'm turning up doesn't show the room number.

Yes I’m reposting a lot but not all of his findings

originally posted by: 0x6372756d6273
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes, this is the confusion I have been pointing out to you all. Or the lies, or cover-up, whatever you want to call it.

The suite did have two rooms. There are doors to the entrance of the room with the bed on the very far side of the suite. The rest of the suite is open. You can see the woman walk through the doors to the bedroom at 0:18 here:

www.youtube.com...

They don't mention the other hotel room 32-134. They lump that hotel room together with room 32-135 as if they were included. They are not.

Edit to add layout

a reply to: RomeByFire
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

SHADY

www.independent.co.uk...

Mr Hodge had been staying in room 32134 of the hotel.

SHADY

www.smh.com.au...

He said police told him the gunman was in the room 32135, just one room away from his hotel room.

"I'm room 32134 so I'm just so glad I didn't make it back to my room," he said.

SHADY

www.msn.com...

He said police told him the gunman was in the room 32135, just one room away from his hotel room.

"I'm room 32134 so I'm just so glad I didn't make it back to my room," he said.

SHADY

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Paddock, who killed at least 59 people and injured 527 more was tracked down and then found dead in room 32135 - next door to the 36-year-old.
Mr Hodge is thankful that he was not in his room at the time police used controlled explosives to enter room 32134 and locate Paddock.

That last one is really shady because they didn't use controlled explosives to enter room 32134, they used it to enter 32135. 32134 was used to run camera wires through. Was not Mr. Hodge's room.

The official story now is that Stephen rented both rooms. So you were saying?

www.newsweek.com...

Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock rented two rooms facing different directions in the Mandalay Bay hotel, where he fired at a crowd of 22,000 concertgoers Sunday night, killing at least 58 people and injuring more than 500.

He had to have rented 32134 and 32135, and most are hush hush about this, or lying completely.

So the question becomes, why did he rent two rooms when one would suffice? The 32135 suite had a similar vantage point as 32134 on the side.

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Then call conspiracy.
I'll take the word of LEO who were there over you.

What word are you taking over mine exactly?

The LEOs are the ones that took the picture of the food cart. They are also the ones that claimed the wires of the camera go to room 32-134 and through the connecting door to 32-135. The LEOs agree with me.

Watch the video found here of door 32-135 and door 32-134 and food cart with camera and wires: washingtonpost.com

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

why would hodge lie? What sense does that make what does he have to gain?

A spot on every talk show in Australia.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
To me, it has the look of adding numbers to the Clinton body count. She is pissed about the election, and about everything.
Maybe this Paddock guy was somehow involved in gun running for the old guard with his planes and whatnot. Maybe that's how he made all of his money. Maybe some legacy FBI, and or CIA actors who still hold tight to the Clintons were called on to set him up, preform the violence. And also take him out as to tie up another loose end. Would have been pretty easy to carry it out and make their escape via running up the stairwell ,which is right there, a floor or two and mixing in, in the hour between shooting the security guard as he exited the elevator and that group retreated , and SWAT breaching the door. Not beyond the realms of possibility.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: KansasGirl

Not exactly. I think that's when he committed to doing the deed he had fantasized for a long time about doing.

I'll bet they find he may have carried guns into other hotels too (maybe not that many, but some) just to get the feel for it. Almost a dry-run of sorts. And I'll bet he started this one off as a dry-run too, but then when he committed then he went full-bore on stocking the room with weapons and ammo. Remember, this dude is a sick and twisted bastage.

The Vegas massacre shooter "killed for the sake of killing." I figure...this guy wanted to shoot humans in cold blood, and nothing else would sedate his desire for a massacre killing spree.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Erno86 because: switched two words

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Okay...STOP!!

That is a completely different floorplan than the images you posted a moment ago!!

Let's get the floorplan and the door orientations correct before we go analyzing which door was opened/breached and into which room!

ETA...AND, the floorplan posted does not match the picture! Believe me, this is something I work with every single day.

edit on 10/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join