It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: antibren
Now you all think this senior citizen with a bad knee was going to try and get away.... This has been some of the silliest official things I have heard the sheriff say

I don't think anyone said they thought he was getting away, only that it looked like he was planning to escape.

There is a difference. At this point, no one knows what he was thinking because he's conveniently dead.

link   
I think I got it.

Maybe it was ISIS after all.

Strange how ISIS is claiming credit, when there's no way that Steve could be a convert.

However, Steve was definitely dealing with unsavory characters in his life, which enabled him to have all those illegal guns.

So, here's the scenario that makes perfect sense.

This was a covert operation that went terribly wrong.

The US, seeking to identify and establish links with foreign operatives working in the USA, set up an illegal arms sale with some group they thought was a drug cartel, but was actually ISIS operatives posing as South American or Central American drug dealers looking for arms.

The standard place to make these arms sales is probably in places like Las Vegas, where nobody would pay attention to some foreign faces walking around the neighborhood, since the place is always filled with foreigners and out of towners coming in for a good time.

The ISIS operatives picked the day of the sale, choosing the Harvest Festival, with the excuse that the extra 22,000 people visiting that particular day makes for an excellent cover. Just like in James Bond movies, you always see the underworld characters selecting the day of some street festival, so they can move freely about while going and coming from their meets, without being spotted, or standing out.

Since the US thought they were dealing with a drug cartel, they thought nothing unusual about the request for the day to be that of the Harvest Festival. It's a natural fit, for such a meet and greet, to haggle over a bunch of illegal guns.

The meet place was chosen to be a popular hotel, since again, it's considered safe for both parties, since there are lots of people about, and the object of both sides would be not to draw attention, so neither side would usually choose that location to stiff the other. If they met out in some isolated desert spot, who knows what could happen, the cartel could just pop off the dealer and take the guns and the money..etc..so they'll want a place like a hotel, where everybody needs to be quiet and peaceful in the dealing.

Steve's cover is that he's a high roll gambler, which gives him easy access to the hotel rooms, making it possible for him to even pick which room he wants, and get many favors from hotel staff, since he's well known and around there alot. So, Las Vegas his is meet and greet spot for all his illegal arms deals.

On this particular day, however, the guys that show up to meet Steve on the 32nd floor, were'nt really from any drug cartel, that was their cover. They had different plans.

When Steve opens the door, and lets them in, they bump him off immediately, and go over to the windows, take the guns that Steve brought to the sale, and started shooting at the people at the festival.

Before SWAT arrives, the shooters escape, again easily mingling with all the crowds moving about on the streets. And the story we get is that Steve must have "snapped" and did all this by himself.

Then, ISIS claims credit. That's because they "duped" Steve into their plan, without he even suspecting what's up.

ISIS must have a new strategy, no longer sending their fighters on suicide missions, which costs them valuable soldiers.

Instead, they suicide some hapless victim on behalf of Allah, which is a much smarter plan. And they make that victim one of their honorary heros after the fact, if the plan succeeds.

Seems to me, the guys that did the shooting, simply walked out of the hotel, while Steve takes the rap. A review of Hotel security cameras would probably show the real shooters leaving the Mandalay. Maybe they even had a room there, on another floor, and had checked in like normal guests. Again, they're smart, they picked a huge hotel with tons of rooms, and lots of guests, so that they wouldn't stand out. Probably used false names, maybe even disguises etc..who knows.

link   
I'm telling you two shooters... they shoot at hall way back security off other guy shoots him and easily escapes down the stairs

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: RomeByFire

At least I haven't claimed that yet.

Give me some time.

They must be looking into this situation, I would think. Maybe they already have the answer.

Im assuming they've recovered video footage from the cameras, they undoubtedly know more than we do at this point in time.

link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

He owned guns before but started building his arsenal in October 2016, according to press conference.

link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

Wagga Wagga man staying in room next to Steven Paddock

Brian Hodge says he was staying in room 32134 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel while gunman Stephen Paddock was in room 32135. It was there Paddock opened fire, killing at least 59 people.

"I was going to my room and went up to the level and came out and this woman came running up to me and she said, 'You need to get out, there is a shooter'.

"It was a machine gun from the room next to me,” he said. “My floor is a crime scene. They killed a security guard on my floor.”

He stated he made his way up to his room level then escaped due to a warning from a lady, via the kitchen to hide in some bushes for 3 hours. In another account he states he leaves the foyer due to a warning via a lift with 20 off his staff.

There are multiple interviews of him here on TV, one yesterday with his brother looked like he was crying crocodile tears.
edit on 4-10-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
From the sheriffs own mouth: "he had to have had help at some point" 2 #ing shooters. Period.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

SHADY

www.independent.co.uk...

Mr Hodge had been staying in room 32134 of the hotel.

SHADY

www.smh.com.au...

He said police told him the gunman was in the room 32135, just one room away from his hotel room.

"I'm room 32134 so I'm just so glad I didn't make it back to my room," he said.

SHADY

www.msn.com...

He said police told him the gunman was in the room 32135, just one room away from his hotel room.

"I'm room 32134 so I'm just so glad I didn't make it back to my room," he said.

SHADY

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Paddock, who killed at least 59 people and injured 527 more was tracked down and then found dead in room 32135 - next door to the 36-year-old.
Mr Hodge is thankful that he was not in his room at the time police used controlled explosives to enter room 32134 and locate Paddock.

That last one is really shady because they didn't use controlled explosives to enter room 32134, they used it to enter 32135. 32134 was used to run camera wires through. Was not Mr. Hodge's room.

The official story now is that Stephen rented both rooms. So you were saying?

www.newsweek.com...

Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock rented two rooms facing different directions in the Mandalay Bay hotel, where he fired at a crowd of 22,000 concertgoers Sunday night, killing at least 58 people and injuring more than 500.

He had to have rented 32134 and 32135, and most are hush hush about this, or lying completely.

So the question becomes, why did he rent two rooms when one would suffice? The 32135 suite had a similar vantage point as 32134 on the side.
edit on 4-10-2017 by 0x6372756d6273 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Nope Jill Snyder ATF Special Agent in Charge has state numerous times that he started collecting guns in 1982 and has also stated that his gun purchases over those years raised no red flags as all were purchased legally and would only raise suspicion if he had purchased numerous amounts all in one go

It is amazing how many official statements of fact from various associated parties (and I mean spokespeople at conferences, not just anonymous sources) have been directly impugned by other spokespeople. No wonder theories are everywhere right now, and people are skeptical.

link   

edit on 4-10-2017 by antibren because: (no reason given)

link   
I'd check into this security guard folks.. 200 rounds and only gets hit in the leg?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What if the security guard was in on it? That could have been the help he got..I just find it funny they haven't once released any interview with him not once. A mall cop kills a intruder at jcpenny he's on every news channel... but this guy hasn't even had his name released.
Rounds and one leg wound? Hahah

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdemirAlagic
What if the security guard was in on it? That could have been the help he got..I just find it funny they haven't once released any interview with him not once. A mall cop kills a intruder at jcpenny he's on every news channel... but this guy hasn't even had his name released.

Ph yeah, man. This is hilarious.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

He owned guns before but started building his arsenal in October 2016, according to press conference.

He was buying fancy handguns in Dallas Tx around 2010 and 2011 until he changed his state driver license. He was a regular gun shop customer. His Tx gun dealer said, Paddock's behavior didn't raise any red flags.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 40104031pm312017Wed, 04 Oct 2017 20:40:53 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

link   

Also the two doors don’t seem to have 200 rounds through them I mean there is only two on the whole right door

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: antibren

He said

"I was going to my room and went up to the level and came out and this woman came running up to me and she said, 'You need to get out, there is a shooter'.

He doesn't say he made it to his room...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Ph yeah, man. This is hilarious.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

you do know that the sheriff said this security guard got lost from the cops that were there...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: antibren

Also the two doors don’t seem to have 200 rounds through them I mean there is only two on the whole right door

Go listen to the press conference from yesterday the sheriff said that this "guard" got lost and went alone away from the pack of cops that was there.. probably when he shot himself in the leg

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 0x6372756d6273

I can find no other source for your "official" story he rented two rooms, well not as yet anyway

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

He also said he was in room 32134 which is bull#. The official designation is 32-134. The first two numbers before the dash is the floor number, the numbers after the dash are the room number. He wasn't in 32-134, period. The news sources are bull#, like usual.
edit on 4-10-2017 by 0x6372756d6273 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join