It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Weird choice of words when the sheriff point out to trump the two men who first “engaged” the shooter

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Regarding the shooter's body position and other objects (guns, etc.) nearby...

I think a lot of people are overlooking one key element. The killer appears to have fallen face down, and police likely rolled him over and kicked weapons which may have been near his hands away after they gained entry. This would be done as a precaution (and also to check for signs of life). Consequently, I'm not sure how much stock you can put in the location of items, body included, in the picture(s).

If thats true than the 3 bullets around his head would have blood on them, none of them did, those bullets were cleaner than my floor.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi all, first post here. I have a question. If the shooter fired for about 10 mins and then nothing right? So why would he kill himself after only 10 mins when there was no threat to him at that point? The cops didnt bust in for another hour. Seems odd that he would shoot for 10 mins then suddenly off himself. Weird.

Secondly for those who are interested. There is video out now of the aftermath. It is pretty graphic as it shows some guy going around checking on victims to see if they alive or dead. Its pretty tough to watch so be warned. Im not going to post a link but its out there for those who care

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: worsaw
Hi all, first post here. I have a question. If the shooter fired for about 10 mins and then nothing right? So why would he kill himself after only 10 mins when there was no threat to him at that point? The cops didnt bust in for another hour. Seems odd that he would shoot for 10 mins then suddenly off himself. Weird.

Secondly for those who are interested. There is video out now of the aftermath. It is pretty graphic as it shows some guy going around checking on victims to see if they alive or dead. Its pretty tough to watch so be warned. Im not going to post a link but its out there for those who care

Welcome,
He shot a security guard at the 14min mark so what happens after that and the hour later till breach is the giant question. We have heard no timeline for the suicide
edit on 4-10-2017 by antibren because: (no reason given)

Edit: that video was posted and Almost immediately removed as it is pretty tasteless.. and he also seems to do more harm than good

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HUSARIA

I hit rewind a few times trying to figure that out myself. Either he was going to say Steve was an army all by himself or he was in the army or armed forces.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That extra order was probably for his handler or whatever FBI agent was pushing this guy to commit this act.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yea that is a giant question. Maybe he got freaked after the security guy found him so quick and figured the cops would be right behind him shortly so just ended it right there.

As far as the video goes. Yea that shouldnt have been released at all.

originally posted by: antibren

Welcome,
He shot a security guard at the 14min mark so what happens after that and the hour later till breach is the giant question. We have heard no timeline for the suicide

Edit: that video was posted and Almost immediately removed as it is pretty tasteless.. and he also set does more harm than good

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdemirAlagic
That extra order was probably for his handler or whatever FBI agent was pushing this guy to commit this act.

It also says
Guest: 2

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: antibren

From the timelines I've seen police arrived right around the same time he stopped shooting. They then spent the next hour or so evacuating and securing the floor. My guess is he offed himself shortly after the cops arrived. I'm also guessing that if he had started firing again SWAT would have breached at that time. But as long as there was no immediate threat the smart move was to get as many people out of the area as possible before engaging.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Does anyone have a link to the most recent press conference? Or know when the next will be?

I'm so swamped at work I've barely been able to keep up with the updates...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

From the timelines I've seen police arrived right around the same time he stopped shooting. They then spent the next hour or so evacuating and securing the floor. My guess is he offed himself shortly after the cops arrived. I'm also guessing that if he had started firing again SWAT would have breached at that time. But as long as there was no immediate threat the smart move was to get as many people out of the area as possible before engaging.

He’s stopped shooting right before he shot the security guard as you said he probably saw them coming stopped firing and shot the security guard. He had to have waited at this point because security and police completely backed off the room as they awaited swat as per scanners. We have one video from the 32nd after this time of someone peeping out so he didn’t off himself right after shooting the security.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Does anyone have a link to the most recent press conference? Or know when the next will be?

I'm so swamped at work I've barely been able to keep up with the updates...

So far he talked to first responders and just finished with the police department... I’m sure videos will pop up soon

Edit: biggest msm development is the sister saying he sent her away to plan the event.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Welcome,

Edit: that video was posted and Almost immediately removed as it is pretty tasteless.. and he also seems to do more harm than good

He amble time to slip out and down the stair case at that time. No reason to commit suicide. Even if he had camera down the hall. He would have known the hallways were emptied.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

But as long as there was no immediate threat the smart move was to get as many people out of the area as possible before engaging.

Yes.
I would have been suspecting that a mass murderer might have a bomb in the building somewhere. The best way to handle that is to get everyone out before you breach the room.
Seeing cameras and cables in the hallway outside his room would have increased that worry.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

We have one video from the 32nd after this time of someone peeping out so he didn’t off himself right after shooting the security.

Can you link me to this video please?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

The hallways weren't clear. Police spent that hour clearing the floor to get as many innocents out of the way as possible before they engaged. Not to mention, like butcherguy said, they saw a cable coming from his room. For all they knew it was rigged to explosives. So while it may have been an hour or so before SWAT breached the room, law enforcement was definitely present.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hello folks,

Obviously we are all making a lot of speculations on this thread, I think that's a good thing but I think we should also occasionally level set what is known vs what we are speculating.

There is nothing from the evidence that suggests that the shooting could NOT have been done by a single shooter from the 32nd floor.

The strobe light in the cab video is just a light.

There are no security cameras in the hallways of the hotel.

There was sufficient time for someone to exit the room after the shooting stopped, but before Law Enforcement was in position to enter the room.

These things seem to be popping up over and over in the thread so I thought stating them might help get things back on track.
Now for things that we do not know and are speculating about.

The possibility of a second person in the room involved in the shooting is not ruled out by the evidence. There COULD have been someone else shooting out of the second window while the other shooter reloaded or changed guns. This second shooter had sufficient time to escape the room. There is evidence on the room service cart that two people could have been served, however that cart MAY have been from another room on the floor and just pulled into service as a camera stand.
The shooting itself from a skill standpoint would not require any real level of skill. 300 yards is well within the effective range of the weapons and the bullets are actually still traveling in a fairly straight path so accuracy is not really that difficult. We are not however talking about sniper levels of accuracy here at any rate. This was spraying rounds at a mass of people. A tactical reload is not firing all the rounds to the last one. Its firing MOST of the rounds from a magazine and then reloading, to top the weapon off. There would still be a round in the chamber but the magazine would still have ammo in it. That's irrelevant because there is no evidence he did anything more than shoot the mags dry and then reload. I am not sure where that came from but it seemed to be some confusion with the Port Author shooting. Nothing skilled or particularly special about his changing magazines. He had multiple weapons which would account for the different rates of fire as well as the different sounds, however at this point I still don't think we can rule out the possibility that two shooters were firing form that room at the same time on a couple of the bursts.
The cab drive video is actually very interesting because I think it shows us something very important with regard to the possibility of a second person escaping the hotel. The cab driver is sitting directly in front of the door of the hotel and the guest are standing around like nothing is happening. This is while the whole time the shooter or shooters have fired off 4 or 5 volleys. The police stated that there were 12 volleys fired off. So almost halfway through the shooting and no one on the ground floor of the hotel is reacting to it. I think that gives more than enough time for someone in the room with Paddock to leave and make their way calmly down the stairs to a floor below and then get on an elevator to the ground floor and simply walk out of the hotel as people are catching on to the event. They would be gone well before the police were in a position to cordon off the area and control access.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972
But the security guards didn't leave, the injured one did, yes. But they kept surveillance on that door until the SWAT team arrived. Short of magically teleporting out of the room, who else could have been in there.

The twists and turns to justify a 2nd shooter theory here are amazing.

- Magic self-healing glass windows
- Matter teleportation
- Disguises as a hotel security guard
- Scaling the windows outside to get to the roof (ala Spiderman) without anyone seeing them (must be a cloaking device too)

Seriously folks....I am all for CT theories, but those that make sense using normal physics need only apply here.

SMH

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Two things that come to mind for me. One I believe the location of the revolver and the blood on his shirt are due to that being the resting place of his hand and gun after shooting himself. The final location in the photo of the revolver is most likely due to the officers disarming him after entering as they would never assume he was dead and leave a weapon in his hand.

The second thing that is curious is that it seems the hotel security guard was shot in the leg, the door laying on its side in the picture of the entrance 'seems' to show bullet holes in the lower part of the door. I could be mistaken on this as its hard to tell how much of the door is to either side since it is laying on its side after the breach. If the holes are indeed only on the lower part of door and guard was shot in the leg, why? Its like he was trying to wound and not kill whoever was at the door OR possibly (tin foil hat on) the security guard was somehow involved and that was his alibi so to speak, getting shot.

I might have missed that the guard approached with two PD officers, long thread to get through.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Incorrect. The hallway was clear after the security guard was shot because they backed off. They couldn't walk down the hallway safely because the door 32135 was at the very end of the hallway and bullets were coming out of it.

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join