It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: GuidedKill

Anyone who is going to fire an AR-10 at near full-auto rates better be one BAD ASS dude!

That's a whole lot more rifle than an AR-15!!! It's one of the reasons the USMC went from the M14 to the M60...the M14 wasn't heavy enough to control at full auto. An AR-10 weighs about half (or less) than an M14.

I personally don’t think they kick that hard. I once had an opportunity to shoot a BAR and that thing was a beast... AR-10 is a walk in the park. Hell my hunting rifle in .308 kicks harder...

AR platform gives so much recoil reduction with the spring tube....

Also not as difficult with bipod as this Vegas shooting proved.. however I would think the bipod would make operating the bump stock more difficult... I have to admit I have never shot one that way.
edit on 3-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

That mzinga member just tried to strawman me. I never made any of those arguments he is attempting to debunk.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily
a reply to: Nyiah

Mix that with the fact this guy doesn't yet fit any profile, it seems all like a setup.

It smells much more like a guy leading a very good Jekyl & Hyde-like double life and being smart enough to not leave a paper trail to it.

Many serial killers throughout history have blindsided people like this, too, this kind of mentality is not a new phenomena. Dahmer, Gacy, and Bundy are the best examples of people never knowing who these people really were at their core.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yes I know, that. The security guard was shot before SWAT arrived, I know that. I mentioned that earlier. It means there is a possibility that someone escaped the room. They shot their way out. Left Stephan behind.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I believe it's been reported that the guy had several Wi-Fi cameras recording at the windows.

To whom was he streaming this event?

ISIS??? His girlfriend??? His financiers of the attack??? A domestic terrorist group??? ...There could be any number of possibilities. I am sure the answers will be discovered in the coming days and weeks. (if they haven't been already) It sounds like this guy has lived a double life. His movements will be retraced and more actors brought to the stage in this. Very odd the rumor of anti-government propaganda and pics of him in the Middle East said to be strewn about the room. Trace the origins of those items, if true, and the answers will come.

We do not know what is true and what is false at this point, so everything is speculation right now.

Outside of some pics, investigators are keeping a very tight wrap on their investigation. That is a good thing. If there are more players in this, we don't want to spook them and let them know we are on to them. It will be very interesting to hear Marilou's testimony in all of this. I think she knows more than investigators are letting on that they think she does. Her movements pre-attack are suspicious.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I don't see why you are trying to resist the idea that multiple people may have been involved. The possibility still exists, and authorities are still investigating this angle. Even though they say they don't believe more were involved they are still looking at the possibility.

So why are you arguing about this? What do you have to gain to NOT entertain a probable possibility?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Mix that with the fact this guy doesn't yet fit any profile, it seems all like a setup.

It smells much more like a guy leading a very good Jekyl & Hyde-like double life and being smart enough to not leave a paper trail to it.

Many serial killers throughout history have blindsided people like this, too, this kind of mentality is not a new phenomena. Dahmer, Gacy, and Bundy are the best examples of people never knowing who these people really were at their core.

This is exactly what I thought this morning when they were reporting most of his neighbors didn't want to be bothered by the media because they had little or no contact with him. The person he presented to his family and friends was likely very different from who he was in his private life. I bet his girlfriend has all kinds of stories his family wouldn't believe.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt he/they had some wireless cameras set at the front door of the hotel in a car either. Right when police arrive, they can execute Stephan, set up too look like a suicide, and escape and hide in another room.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I don't see why you are trying to resist the idea that multiple people may have been involved. The possibility still exists, and authorities are still investigating this angle. Even though they say they don't believe more were involved they are still looking at the possibility.

So why are you arguing about this? What do you have to gain to NOT entertain a probable possibility?

Dude nobody is saying it's IMPOSSIBLE that there was a 2nd person. But that's a far cry from just speculating there was a 2nd person for no reason. I can speculate he was a transexual too. There's no evidence of that, but it's possible. I can speculate his birth name was Jethro Kensington. There's no evidence of that, but it's possible. Lots of things are possible. However, the facts up to this point don't suggest any of those things. That's all we're saying. Stick to the facts as they're available, don't just suggest stuff because "it's possible". That's not productive. It's making # up.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I wouldn't doubt he/they had some wireless cameras set at the front door of the hotel in a car either. Right when police arrive, they can execute Stephan, set up too look like a suicide, and escape and hide in another room.

And this was achieved without alerting the cops in the midst of sweeping the floor...how?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

And this was achieved without alerting the cops in the midst of sweeping the floor...how?

Right? For #'s sake, a 2nd shooter could've flown out the window with his genetically engineered wings and a cloaking device.

Why do these people have to keep making # up?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Why do you think there is no reason?

1: Police scanners were lit up with word that there were multiple shooters. They had 23 strike teams searching every hotel even after they found Stephan.
2: They detailed multiple people that day, one claiming to be involved.
3: There was a shootout at the room door, long before SWAT arrived. Meaning someone may have fought their way out.
4: There is audio that sounds like multiple guns firing available, even when considering echo. Because echo will always match the source, not differ from the source.
5: There was a ridiculous amount of guns, which doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe others intended to use them, a whole team even, but something happened and they abandoned their plans and escaped.

There is a lot of things to suggest others were involved, and nothing you say will change that. So please shush.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

I'm not straw manning you bud. You are hanging yourself out to dry. And where would you have any sort of proof to this latest theory?

link   

Yes I know, that. The security guard was shot before SWAT arrived, I know that. I mentioned that earlier. It means there is a possibility that someone escaped the room. They shot their way out. Left Stephan behind.

Couldn't it also mean that the shooter heard someone trying to come into the room so he shot at the door to keep them out?

link   
Former cia trained guy Tony Shaffer on fox saying he believes this guy is very similar to the guy that shot svalise, and he believe this was a politically targeted attack against conservatives.

I think it's to early to make that claim, but we shall see.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What do you mean? The other shooters can pose as common hotel guests. The hotel let many guests go. Did you think the hotel was empty?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Right? For #'s sake, a 2nd shooter could've flown out the window with his genetically engineered wings and a cloaking device.

Why do these people have to keep making # up?

Well a suspected shooter could hide in one of the other 3,308 other rooms

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

Why do you think there is no reason?

1: Police scanners were lit up with word that there were multiple shooters. They had 23 strike teams searching every hotel even after they found Stephan.
2: They detailed multiple people that day, one claiming to be involved.
3: There was a shootout at the room door, long before SWAT arrived. Meaning someone may have fought their way out.
4: There is audio that sounds like multiple guns firing available, even when considering echo. Because echo will always match the source, not differ from the source.
5: There was a ridiculous amount of guns, which doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe others intended to use them, a whole team even, but something happened and they abandoned their plans and escaped.

There is a lot of things to suggest others were involved, and nothing you say will change that. So please shush.

Because all of this stuff is explained to the point where the authorities now say they're operating on one shooter. No matter how many times you say "shush" won't change that fact. Half of htis stuff is nonsense. There's no audio of 2 guns going off at once. The number of guns doesn't imply 2 shooter any more than it implies 20 shooters. Every incident like this is chaotic as # and incorrect reports about the position of the shooter are common. A security guard being shot before SWAT arrives doesn't indicate how many shooters are in there.

Let go of your fantasies, sorry you're not ahead of the curve on some big conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

They wouldn't be able to escape the view of the cameras in the hotel corridor as they exited the room, however. There are and were "eyes" everywhere in that hotel ...Even the ones the killer set up himself inside and outside of that room. Every door in and out of Mandalay Bay Hotel was on lockdown as the raid was commencing during the shooting. Would be very hard for this to be accomplished and any alleged additional perpetrators being able to exit that building unvetted in this scenario.
edit on 10/3/2017 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes it could. It could mean many things. Including that someone or multiple people fought their way out to escape. Which would make the number of guns more explainable.

Everyone should be thinking of the possible possibilities. Rule them out one by one. Ignore the crap from face23785 regarding transexuals and Jethro Kensington.

Do any of you have a background in investigations? It sure doesn't seem so.

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join