It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I posted a few pages back a question, but nobody answered it. As it appears you know a great deal about calibers, perhaps you can answer it?

The question:

I have a simple question I have been curious about through the night. Through the day yesterday on ABC at least, they showed a guy talking about how a friend of his got hit in the chest three times. Turns out they were able to save the guy, but wouldn't three shots from that caliber in the chest most likely kill you? Just seemed odd to me. This is also after they had moved him around and over fences so a lot of jostling was also going on with his body at the time.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here is a link to supposed pics of some of the guns in the hotel room.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: greyhat

... what I was actually thinking about was the M60 when comparing sound, which was the context of the post.

Never mind. My first impression was "sounds like a M249" when i heard the sound in the Akiyoshi video.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

But the rate of fire seems to change. So an AR-15 with bump stock really seems to be the best explanation.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Second picture is a bumpfire stock. Further proof there was no full-auto used.

Just a data point.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That is bizarre. I'm mean the first 5 minutes in so far, its as if all the people around her are "Surrogates" (like in the movie), androids bodies for their hosts to go around in, and they're practically switched off. Same thing with cops and security etc wherever they might be. Lack of people actually fleeing in the crowd (in the other clips) wasn't as lame duck but kind of has the same feel the clips I've played. Like everyone for a square mile all on barbiturates or something.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I am consistently amazed the completely bizarre things bullets will do when they hit things. Sometimes the most savage looking wound turns out to be relatively innocuous. Other times the most trivial appearing wound is the most deadly of all. There are numerous reports of people being struck by projectiles numerous times and not having any significant lasting disabilities. Equally, there are just as many reports of people being struck by something like a .22 caliber in a relatively low-risk area of the body only to quickly succumb to the injury from massive trauma.

This is one of the reasons medical professionals don't take any chances with gunshot wounds at all. They treat every one as if it is life threatening, because it may well be.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Second picture is a bumpfire stock. Further proof there was no full-auto used.

Just a data point.

I'm not taking either side but ...

That's not good logic.

It doesn't prevent a full auto weapon from being there.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm sure as the investigation rolls forward that the MSM will fill everyone in on his movements leading up to the tragic day, who he interacted with etc. which would point to a motive.

Not.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Their main duty is to report the whole thing in just the right way where it inspires copycats which mean more dramatic tales for them to report in the future, which is always good news for gun control freaks. Why conservatives dont seem to put much energy on this whole element is interesting, but cmon even Huffington Puffington Post has talked about it:

Here’s What We Know About The Contagion Effect Of Mass Shootings
In the aftermath of yet another mass shooting in the U.S. — the 351st in the 336 days so far this year — a visibly weary President Barack Obama addressed the nation yet again.

“We have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world,” he said.

This tragic, uniquely American pattern has led to cycle in which each horrific event begets more violence.

These events don’t occur in a vacuum. While the “contagion” effect is well-documented in the case of suicides, it’s been studied less in the context of mass shootings. But as shootings become an ever more commonplace occurrence, more of us are wondering about the possibility of a ripple effect.

We’re starting to better understand the epidemiology behind this tragic trend. While the research is limited, a recent Arizona State University study found strong evidence that school shootings and other acts of mass violence are contagious.

The researchers did a statistical analysis of 176 mass shooting events in the U.S. from 2006 to 2011 and 220 school shootings between 1997 and 2013. They discovered that mass shootings were significantly more likely to occur if another shooting that received national media coverage took place in the previous 13 days — a finding that suggests that mass shootings tend to cluster together in a similar manner to suicides. This was “apparently due to the [media] coverage planting the seeds of ideation in at-risk individuals to commit similar acts,” the study said.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
I found a video that appears to show muzzle flashes on a much lower floor.

(Age restricted video)

Kind of hard to claim all of that is just light reflecting.

Clearly we are being fed nothing but lies from the media/authorities.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Look at how after the 6 minute mark shes out on the road, she was just at the feet of the building not a cop in sight, but here the cops are out there (as good as nowhere near the guy) doing road blocks like they're just waiting for the guy to run out of ammo before they can be bothered to go over there (which ensures maximum body count).

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Or like they're handling the perimeter while other cops are inside the hot zone.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Here is a link to supposed pics of some of the guns in the hotel room.

www.zerohedge.com...

Well that confirms my original guess when I heard the rounds. The second weapon appears to have a bump stock although it's really hard to tell without seeing more details of the stock..

Both are AR-platforms and the second gun my be an AR -10 judging by thickness of mag and barrel. Once again I would need to see the other side of the weapon..

And granted these are only two of the 20 plus weapons in the room.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Both 7.62x39mm and 5.56 casings on the floor in the first picture. Looks like the majority are 5.56 (in that picture anyway).

Second picture clearly shows a bumpfire stock and the magazine is a 60 round mag (a double stacked 30).

Both look to be 5.56 AR clones.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Thickness of the mag just means it is a double stack mag. Mag Pul makes them (among others). Notice the taper at the top? That's the giveaway.

ETA...also notice there's no 51mm cases there (and the mag is not deep enough to accept one), so there's no evidence of a AR-10. There are 39mm cases in the room so there's a Kalashnikov in that room somewhere (just not in these pictures).

edit on 10/3/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Ok, I'm referring to the floor plans for Vista and X3 Suites now. What next. Still appears to be shooting from two separately booked suites.

"https://preview.ibb.co/hs2fwG/Mandalay_Scale.jpg" alt="Mandalay_Scale" border="0">

(much less the 4th floor and Aria discrepancies) ( much less the winding SAW gun firing off at different rates at around 3:38 here ---> www.youtube.com... )

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

...wouldn't three shots from that caliber in the chest most likely kill you?

Likely yes. Definitely, no.

It all depends on exactly where the bullet went and what it hit. If a bullet rips through the heart, yes, you're done. If it hits a lung, it jeopardizes breathing ability but is not immediately deadly. If it hits a rib and isn't a full metal jacket (military round), it can break the rib and do little other damage (FMJ tends to start tumbling and does more extensive damage after striking a bone).

Being shot with a gun is not always, or even usually, an automatic death sentence. It is trauma, and the amount and type of trauma can either be fatal or simply debilitating, or anything in between. Likely this guy was hit three times in the same lung, which left him one lung to work with until the hospital could get him patched together again.

The human body has many weaknesses, but can also be tremendously resilient.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

A dozen plus cop cars at one intersection alone, to secure one intersections traffic, but not a single cop anything in sight near the building, and this is 6 minutes in after she happened to hit record.

Effing weird man.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is getting weirder by the day, even by mass shooting standards. The guy comes across a complete enigma. Shadowy past, no political or religious motives, no friends and little contact with his family. Mysterious sources of money and his only love seemed to be gambling. Stockpiled guns but didn't seem too interested in them. His rampage seemed definitely politically motivated to have the end result for gun control. The timing and the target just underscored that. And the number of guns... were others supposed to be there or WERE they there and then left before security arrived? And he wasn't crazy, this was carefully planned and methodically carried out. So did he have an axe to grind? Not at the government, he targeted country music fans. Those that would be inclined to be Trump supporters and gun owners. The MSM will filter out what they don't want us to know and give us what information they do want us to have, real or not. But I still think this guy was in shadow ops or was a patsy they planted at the scene. He worked for Lockheed Martin and someone said they were deep in special projects for the feds. he was a pilot, maybe he did drug smuggling. No, this guy was involved in something. Remember the guy in California who said he was poisoned and then they found an insane stash of weapons in his house? He had no financial background they could piece together. Same lifestyle, single guy, one girlfriend, rumored to work for the feds in some capacity.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

What I wanna know is why 2 jackwagons are just standing there nonchalant when there's cops ducking and covering and lying on the ground for protection.

Seriously, what is the story here? It seems to be the same story where that cab driver is remarking how everybody is just standing around. No one running, fleeing, panicking.

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join