It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

time delays.

Sounds to me like you can hear the rounds striking the ground/objects followed by the weapon discharging..the sound of the discharges travel slower than the rounds..makes it sound like multiple weapons
edit on 3-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why go to all that effort? Just smash it out. He probably didn't care.

I was actually responding to a poster who suggested glass on a different level was removed and then replaced after shooting. I don't believe this to be the case (or even reasonably possible).

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
In Memory of Those Lost in Vegas Last Night

I'd like to observe a moment of silence.

Around this time last night the mass shooting had started(may be off by minutes or so tuning in before 11pm PST last night). I was waiting for more names and images to show of those who didn't make it, for now are some sites sharing them.

The following shares names and images of those released so far. I would share a complete list if I had one at this time.

°Names and Images
°Slideshow portraits

Eiffel Tower dark in bow to Marseille, Las Vegas victims
Source

edit on 3-10-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: vonclod

Sounds like assumptions.

edit on 10/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk are you able analyze the photo I posted... it clearly shows more windows not present?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

One more time...

That sound you hear is not the rounds hitting anything. It is the sound of the sonic boom the projectile makes. You hear that sound when the round passes by you and the shock wave hits your ears. It happens before you hear the actual report from the rifle which is delayed due to the speed of sound. The 'boom' from the gun discharge travels at the speed of sound, the bullet travels faster than the speed of sound (i.e. it is super-sonic).

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: antibren
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk are you able analyze the photo I posted... it clearly shows more windows not present?

You mean it shows that the drapes are open?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: majesticgent
1. I don't know, it doesn't really matter.

It does matter because there is reported video of flashes coming from a lower floor around the time of the shooting, but no broken windows on any lower floors.

2. Buildings cause echos. Echos are, in effect, time delays.

I read up more on this. The initial sound is the sound barrier being broken by the bullets, and the second sound is the actual sound being produced by the rifle.

3. You might be surprised how gun collectors are.

That could explain the guns at his house, but over time he brought around 23 to the hotel.

4. Window security. On sealed windows. On the 32nd Floor. Why?
I thought I read it somewhere from a thread about security on here that the hotel had it, but I cannot verify from any other source. I've read that the smoke detectors are what gave away his exact room

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: antibren

It definitely does appear that way, but I don't have any way to determine the authenticity of the photo, or the date it was taken.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage it’s reflective gold windows. The only way you see the drapes is if the window isn’t there.

Edit: I don’t have the skills to determine if this photo was actually taken today or photoshop was used but it’s clearly missing windows twitter.com...
edit on 3-10-2017 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

It does matter because there is reported video of flashes coming from a lower floor around the time of the shooting, but no broken windows on any lower floors.

No broken windows. That would seem to indicate, what? Think about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Based on some knowledge that sound travels slower than many types of bullets..but obviously not written in stone, so sure at the end of the day an assumption.
edit on 3-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I don't know what to think. Multiple videos from multiple angles and distance show a pretty clear rapid flash from a much lower position at Mandalay. Lower floor, toward the middle. No footage I have seen shows a flash from the area of the broken windows on the 32nd floor. And yet, no windows or anything missing from the lower floors. How can it be a reflection if multiple camera angles and distances capture it at the same spot?

link   
a reply to: antibren
Ok. So....
magicofmiles.boardingarea.com...
www.mysincityparty.com...
edit on 10/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
3. Seven to eight guns is not "a lot" by even modest standards. hy he brought so many with him is a valid question, but just having that many is not surprising.

I'm reading 23 guns in the room.

he shooter who rained deadly gunfire from a high-rise Las Vegas hotel onto a concert crowd below him on Sunday night had 23 guns in his suite, another 19 at his home, and several pounds of material used to make explosives in his car, authorities revealed Monday night during a press conference.

Source: people.com...

edit on 3-10-2017 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Montsta

59 dead 527 injured I think the numbers have settled not gone up......the effiel tower went dark and in Israel there was a huge building lit up like the american flag.....

I didn't realized until later today one of my roommates has a friend that lives in vegas...she is an event planner and she was at the concert but she was not hurt

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

There are in fact rounds specifically designed to be 'sub-sonic'. Silencers wouldn't work without them. However, because they are sub-sonic they travel considerably slower than super-sonic rounds. This translates into kinetic impact energy. Sub-sonic rounds are effectively useless at the range this shooter was shooting from. They would have little or no energy left when they reached the target.

edit on 10/3/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ok, that is more or less what I was trying to say, the rounds are faster than the sound of the discharge, I was mistaken on the initial sound being rounds hitting objects..so what we heard are the rounds breaking the sound barrier..correct?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No broken windows. That would seem to indicate, what? Think about it.

It could be a reflection of the actual shooter's weapon from higher up. People are saying there were no flashes coming from the 32nd-floor window and coming up with wild conspiracy theories. Also, that video could aid the investigation.
edit on 3-10-2017 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ok, that I do understand.

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join