It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Montsta

I'd be interested to see some authentic pictures of any holes the shooter caused in a wall or something, ...

There actually was a picture of a bullet hole in a metal shed on a net news story earlier. A guy and his girlfriend took cover in the shed. No doubt in my mind it was a 7.62 round, and not a 5.56. And, to me anyway, it looked like a very slow 7.62 impact, like the bullet was already tumbling...which would suggest the shooter may have been using a 7.62mm x 39 round (i.e. a Kalashnikov type rifle).

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bandulubeast

You are absolutely correct. I stand corrected!

I was thinking about the M-240.

My error! Thanks.

edit on 10/2/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This morning, I saw several news reporters say that law enforcement is asking that anyone who was there and has video of the incident, to please turn it in to them for their investigation.

Huh? They say it's a lone shooter, they found him dead in his room with all his weapons....

Why do they need to gather videos from folks who were there?? They know where the shooter was, the whole time, right? That's what they've said. They've already told us what happened. Anyone else fund that a little off? Or is that regular procedure, when you have a lone gunmsn firing from one place, as they tell us?
edit on 2-10-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
7.62 more likely to blast thru multiple people each shot, thus boosting the casualty rate.

link   

originally posted by: silo13
I had to walk away from the computer.

What is THIS all about?

Thanks in advance.

What I'm seeing, is there are 'three people who have been detained' - nothing to do with his vehicles.

Looking for input from you all...

link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

When 50+ people are killed I would think law enforcement would want to make sure the horse is good and DEAD before they stop beating on it! I would.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Guys, he used an AR style gun with a bump stock (simulated full auto not real full auto). Any real full auto will have a consistent cyclic rate, or tempo, but this video here shows the tempo was erratic.

twitter.com...

This is a positive sign of a bump stock, because bump stocks require the gun to move freely in order to force the hand to pull the trigger on the rebound. If anything interferes with the free movement of the gun then the fire rate is affected, and it can slow down, and speed back up when the interference is gone. This change of rate does not happen on a legitimate full auto gun because the only way to interfere with the fire rate is to somehow mess with the bolt carrier group while its firing, and that is not something you do easily.
edit on 2-10-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Probably not enough energy left at that distance.

Otherwise the concept is sound.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

So, following this trail of thought... (((hypothetically))) were they a part of some sort of OP, meant to take the fall if things didn't go the way they planned... or is this a cover up to prevent a PR disaster.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
(retract)
edit on Octpm31pmf0000002017-10-02T22:57:48-05:001048 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily

Guys, he used an AR style gun with a bump stock (simulated full auto not real full auto). Any real full auto will have a consistent cyclic rate, or tempo, but this video here shows the tempo was erratic.

twitter.com...

This is a positive sign of a bump stock, because bump stocks require the gun to move freely in order to force the hand to pull the trigger on the rebound. If anything interferes with the free movement of the gun then the fire rate is affected, and it can slow down, and speed back up when the interference is gone. This change of rate does not happen on a legitimate full auto gun.

I do think either bump stock, or the cycle rate slowed due to overheating...but that is unlikely...he also just could have had a #ty gun

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

I think you may have meant someone else. I was only responding to the sound of a full auto 7.62 vs. 5.56.

I tend to agree, I do not think the firearm used in the shootings was technically fully automatic. That's just my opinion, but it's an educated opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Now I'm hearing this was 'designed' by the 'woman who was not elected' to smear President Trump and push gun control.

(Listening to Blazing Press News Live)...

Would it surprise me? No.

Would it horrify me?

YES.

At the same time they're talking about OJ being out of prison so this is becoming a kaleidoscope of horrors and confusion all the way around.

Time to go to bed. Catch up with you all tomorrow.

Stay safe and know you're loved.

Oh, keep your ears and eyes open for the 'other' people who are under suspicion. It's not just the chick who's overseas.
edit on 5700Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They should ask the person who check Paddock and if he requested a room in a particular place in the hotel. Maybe this whole thing was random and he brought the guns for another purpose.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

Many of these rapid fire devices can actually fire faster than a full-auto, and they will jam the action as a result. And yes, they are also erratic.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Montsta

I'd be interested to see some authentic pictures of any holes the shooter caused in a wall or something, ...

There actually was a picture of a bullet hole in a metal shed on a net news story earlier. A guy and his girlfriend took cover in the shed. No doubt in my mind it was a 7.62 round, and not a 5.56. And, to me anyway, it looked like a very slow 7.62 impact, like the bullet was already tumbling...which would suggest the shooter may have been using a 7.62mm x 39 round (i.e. a Kalashnikov type rifle).

This seems plausible to me with a few small caveats. I'm much more knowledgeable in AR platform rifles than I am in AK pattern rifles. Are AK's easy to modify to full auto? I don't know much about how an AK breaks down size wise, other than a folding stock.

I guess with the two windows broken out I just pictured a guy with two converted AR rifles on bipods with a #load of magazines loaded next to each one of them ready to go. If he had a two room suite he could run in between each room as he ran out of magazines or if his rifle inevitably failed due to the extreme heat of FA shooting. Standing with an AK with a banana clip just seems unlikely to me.

More forensic evidence and witness statements would be needed for me to form a real opinion. If we are truly going lone wolf, then I would need evidence that corroborates a seemingly docile 64 year old millionaire shot up the concert out of one window, paused, ran into the other room of his hotel suite and then continued to wreak havoc out of the next line of site.

This isn't impossible by any stretch, but given that this is a conspiracy site, I'm definitely going to refrain from forming an opinion until I hear a lot more.

And getting any kind of credible timeline from witnesses as far as who were the first casualties during that kind of chaos is going to be next to impossible I'd wager. It's just too frantic.

I'm waiting to see some if there is some kind of video that shows multiple casualties simultaneously that would prove there was more than one gunman.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I think they mean people being shot area. Maybe they can analyze the video to make sure it was only one gunman or provide some other kinds of clues.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

They are everywhere, but this guy lived in Mesquite in a retirement village.

It was in reference to the lady warning the people at the concert before the shooting.

One young woman described the lady, who was making her way through the crowd with the pretense that her boyfriend was unable to breathe, as an Hispanic woman 5'5" tall. She was playing with people's hair and acting crazy saying that they are all around you and you're all going to die.

Was she warning them or rubbing it in wickedly?

From that, you could, if you let your thinking drift, wonder if they had decided that some evil had infiltrated the crowd, and in some deluded righteous act, were taking out the evil...

Who knows the minds of madness. what we do know, is there was evil there that night. Terrible evil.

So much doesn't connect. But then, with evil, it never does.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
so whats considered the lethal range for these type of rounds out of a rifle? its quite possible a good portion of those 500+ injured owe their life simply due to the ranges he was firing at. i remember hearing military guys complain about them in a documentary when guys were out past 300 yards or so.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I saw that one too. I figured 7.62.

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join